Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down

Answer Question

2 - 17%
4 - 33%
6 - 50%

Total Votes: 12

Poll closed
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?] Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?] Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?] Empty Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?]

Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:22 am

«PLATINUM HEARTS: ORIGINAL RP»

Alright, going forward into 2017, if not this month or next month, I've had the thought of advertising this site as an Original RP. I would still say that it has strong roots in Bleach, but with how much we've expanded, I feel we could have a better shot at lasting in the future as simply being Platinum Hearts RP.

This shouldn't effect our site too much. As most people would still have their characters, factions, history and etc. It would just change bases of what we are and expand our universe more. As I may allow characters from different verses to come on the site, explore more worlds and potentially even expand to cover different animes/RP's.

What do you all think? Yay or nay? Please add input.

I just feel we are at a point where we can more or less establish ourselves as an independant RP.

Last edited by [THEFROST] on Wed May 24, 2017 2:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?] WVMWLOu
Cookies
Cookies
The Cookie
The Cookie

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?] Left_bar_bleue17560/99999Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?] Empty_bar_bleue  (17560/99999)
Tiers:

Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?] Empty Re: Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?]

Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:37 am

Long story short: PH has been around for 6 years and almost 7, so it is up to you to make the decision since it won't be affecting the site too much.

More details; I am not sure if PH is prepared for it yet. I may be wrong but I've seen stress building up here and there with a few to some members in PH while the lack of staff meant that Frost has to do an extra workload and I don't prefer to see that in contrast of waiting a bit longer and see if the atmosphere lightens up + more new staffs to lift a bit of Frost's load as a Head Admin.

I might misinterpret it but making PH an official original RP = more workload, sooner or later even if its not now, that's why it feels more appropriate to not pull the trigger so soon yet.

I might be wrong, I might be right, who knows?

But my opinion is just a minority; since other members, new & old might feel differently about turning PH official but yeah, all in all, it is up to you.

Empty, blank space.
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?] Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?] Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?] Empty Re: Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?]

Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:24 am

«MY INPUT ON THIS»

While I may not be someone who's been here for very long, I personally feel that PH isn't ready for this yet. Saying that we have Bleach "influences" isn't something that would explain the exact names of the race, racial abilities, and so on. While they could be changed, after everything that has lead up to Platinum Hearts' origin, I feel like it would change that, and it wouldn't be that was anymore. Yes, I understand that sometimes you have to move on, but it can sometimes make you forget what it really was.

I do agree that it's up to you, Frost. However, if PH does become an original RP site with Bleach "influences", I feel that PH wouldn't feel the same anymore. My opinion is most likely minor at most, considering I'm a scrub at RP, and have only been here for less than a year, having input from someone like me is a good thing, wouldn't it?

But, anyways, that's about it from me. This is just my personal opinion, but I do believe in what I think. I'm not saying there's any right or wrong decision for this, just try to think on how it would affect the members, the story, and overall, PH as a whole. Either way this goes, I look forward to having more fun here regardless.

CPKallday
CPKallday
The KFC of PH
The KFC of PH
OTM

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?] Left_bar_bleue25/100Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?] Empty_bar_bleue  (25/100)
Tiers:

Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:56 am
Nah, I don't think we need to be an original RP. I say this because this is legitimately a good Bleach RP, with a lot of external character to it. It is, by definition, an alternate universe Bleach RP.

Do I think that making it an original RP would make people leave? No. Do I think that making it an original RP will keep people from coming for a Bleach RP? Maybe. Will it bring in new users? Potentially.

So could it be a good thing? Yes, but just as much as it could be bad, I think. It's, honestly, a 50/50 chance that it would improve things or make things worse.

Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?] Sbb1I7e
Chellizard
Chellizard
Starter Member

Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:16 pm
I'm very into the original aspect of RP and how it is done... I say keep the Bleach influence, however, but make sure to hard press the fact that this is an original character board with a parallel time line to the real Bleach universe.

Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?] KHrbsjt
Hishirugi, Hanshin
Hishirugi, Hanshin
Starter Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?] Left_bar_bleue2500/9999Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?] Empty_bar_bleue  (2500/9999)
Tiers:

Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:39 pm

(Please forgive any odd diction or typos, using my phone to write this lol)

When most people fantasize about their favorite anime, it's usually a "What If" scenario involving who they'd be, and how well they would get along with Canon characters. With Dragon Ball Z in '98, it was tas the unheralded son of Raditz, Raiketsu. With Yu-Yu Hakusho, it was as the mediocre Half-Demon whose genealogy tied to some of the greats, who was Above-Average in ability, but still an ant compared to the legends he was compared to. With Inuyasha, I thought of a young Bear Demon Hanyō who Inuyasha and team would eventually meet and befriend.

Same with Bleach. If you go fill-in Original, much of what appeals to every Fanboy or Fangirl will disappear. Besides that, Canons are anchors that keep plot and story functional and prevent it from becoming sloppy and messy (as we avid fans of anime are often prone to making it, when left to our own devices lol).

I think we should be a Canonical Bleach RP with allowable OCs. So many neat features PH has incorporated HAS provided more inspiration and muse for the writers, but it's also made our Fanon less easy to relate to the Canon series.

Canons keep it relevant and stable, while OCs fill the holes Kubo never filled (unmentioned Unseated Shinigami, Hollows and Humans we never met, etc).

TL;DR
Keep the scales balanced, is my vote; keep both Canons and OCs.
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?] Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?] Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:

Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:45 pm

«GOOD FEEDBACK IN THREAD SO FAR»

Hmmmm, judging from the response, I don't think I'll go through with it the feedback I'm getting. I feel I will contiune to market it as an original AU Bleach RP with OC/Canon based on what I'm getting so far.

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?] Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?] Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:43 pm
Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?] B6797a78bd697d8c60c3bab396193d03
[Powerful Motor]

Personally, I think we should stay as we are. Since we are about as far from Bleach right now as is possible. We have original races, original powers, original locations, and original factions, as well as a monstrously large original history. We are doing very well, and if we try to take it in a new direction of Original Roleplay, that direction may lead straight through the barrier and off the mountain side. And then all there is is twenty to thirty seconds to think about your mistakes before the ground gives a warm welcoming hug.
Hishirugi, Hanshin
Hishirugi, Hanshin
Starter Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?] Left_bar_bleue2500/9999Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?] Empty_bar_bleue  (2500/9999)
Tiers:

Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:09 am
I would like to add, from the perspective of a newbie, that the reading I had to do prior to joining (most of it involving aforementioned Original Races, Original Abilities, etc), was tremendously daunting. I was so overwhelmed with all the mandatory reading, that I nearly burned out before even writing my Join App.

”EXPLANATION”:

I would like to propose (if it isn’t too presumptuous of me, this early in my time here) that someone maybe tidy up the Information and Rules areas, maybe so it’s not so long that it requires several posts – rather than just one 3-8 paragraph post - to contain.

I see that PH is doing a recruitment drive. Wordy as I get, I know I have no room to talk about wordiness (:p), but I think that taking the “Required/Suggested Reading” (as I’ve dubbed it) from what it is now, to something that can be leafed through in maybe a half hour or less (with “Optional Reading” spoilers, and MUCH fewer posts & threads to navigate through) might be helpful.

Making PH an official Original RP with Bleach Influences? [Yes/No?] Dopual8a4e8
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:35 am
[adm]All the feedback was interesting and I will take it into account moving forward. AS it stands now, I am not making this a fully original RP. I may keep it in mind in the future depending on how things go, but as it stands now it will be an Original/Fantasy/AU RP.[/adm]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum