Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 Empty Re: (Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN]

Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:08 am
The day was most eventful up to this point and it was only going to get better. In the last few hours, Lilith had accidentally robbed an old woman, given up on finding her son, found the bastard a couple minutes later, met Desmond Hayden and Blackheart, and returned to one of the many bases of the Vanguard with a stubborn little mouse in tow. Lilith had visited Vanguard bases in the past only because of Genpaku. She had thought of joining up, but never got around to doing it. Now, she wondered whether that would become a reality. Either way, she'd follow Genpaku's lead on this and support him in whatever his decision he made.

Kaminari was the little mouse in tow. After almost fainting in the presence of way too many power houses, she was made to feel better by Genpaku. He wanted her to see a doctor, but she fought against his wishes and refused to stay behind. She had no desire to be locked in some room with a stranger, inside this massive building with even more strangers. Luckily, her stubbornness won that battle and she was allowed to come along. If he hadn't given in, there was likely to be an immature screaming match coming from Kaminari. Lilith couldn't blame Kaminari either. Lilith had no intention of letting Genpaku out of her sight. And since these two just reunited as well, it was doubtful Kaminari was willing to be separated again. And so they arrived to claim the attention of the room.

Genpaku went in first, his introduction barely needed since there was apparently a picture of him up on the wall. Kaminari followed after, peaking around the silver haired Shinigami and toward the others in the room. Her eyes fell on Blackheart, who had originally be kind to her in their meeting earlier that day. She waved to him, but mostly kept herself hidden from the many eyes that were now likely looking their way. Lilith came in moments after, her vibrant red hair and the eye patch making her easily recognizable, but also the pressure she exuded being heavier in nature than the norm for the amount one could have. Anyone who knew her understood that she always had a hard time actually controlling her reiatsu.

Lilith's narrowed eye fell onto a familiar face. She raised an eyebrow at Tsubine, her eyes shifting over to the other two women in the room, and then back to Tsubine again. She stared the woman in the eyes, noticing something within her old friend that she didn't like to see. Lilith turned to the nearest wall and leaned up against it. Crossing her arms along her chest and one ankle over the other, Lilith closed her eye and said three words before going silent. "Straighten your back."
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7380/100(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 Empty Re: (Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN]

Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:02 am

Tsubine Koezuka

"No, you're not. That's what I'm trying to fix." Tsubine shook her head towards Kimiyo's jab about rolling over. They were supposed to deal with it right now, yes, but Tsubine was going to try to remove those doubts. She, and many others, knew her own leadership potential. She was a good fit for this kind of job. But right now, the difficulty was convincing the assembled group that she was right for this job. Listing out her achievements and positions held would hopefully make them realize she had the qualifications for such a position.

Kimiyo did point out something that Tsubine recognized as a problem with her qualifications. They were, frankly, old. Things had changed, but Tsubine had been one to meld with the times the best she could. Tsubine nodded, looking Kimiyo in the eyes. "I understand what your point is. However, I've only been outside of the modern world for about five years. I know a decent bit has changed, but after hearing from both Hayden and Shadin Yuudeshi, I feel like I have caught up sufficiently." Tsubine then switched to a different method. "I can find people other than Hayden, since you do not seem to trust his word, that can vouch for my leadership skills—even Radioactive if he still remembers me. But even if that doesn't suffice, then I hope that my actions in the near future will speak for themselves."

It wasn't long after that answer when Chifuyu spoke up. At least there was a discernable pattern here. That quote was unfamiliar to her, as Tsubine hadn't heard anything from Hayden's resignation address. "First, thank you. A chance is all I can ask for right now. And as for baggage..." Tsubine's eyes went to the ceiling as she tried to calculate it all. "Well, honestly, the only thing I can think of is my adoptive daughter." Tsubine did not give out her daughter's name. "She's usually attached at my hip, so I guess she's closer to physical baggage than what you were referring to," she chuckled.

"And something to touch on, since both you and Kimiyo have mentioned it—I am dedicated to the Vanguard now. Just because I was a member of the Gotei and lead them doesn't mean I will prioritize them over the Vanguard. If the Gotei, somehow, goes against the ideals of the Vanguard and the protection of the Earth, then I will personally see to it to set them straight." Tsubine turned a little stern at that. There was no reason for the Gotei and the Vanguard to be at each other's throats. Their goals and duties shouldn't clash. If they did, then either the Vanguard or the Gotei were screwing up majorly. "I will not go off and found another organization or country or anything while I am your commanding officer. The Vanguard is my home now, and I have no intentions of leaving it."

Blackheart was the next to speak. His inquiry was, in fact, one of the few things she had a prepared answer for. Tsubine nodded. "What I plan to d—" Before she could answer fully, the doors opened. A voice came out from there, but Tsubine was expecting that voice to be about four inches lower. She blinked, her mouth still hanging open from being mid-sentence. She glanced above the door to a photo of a man with a similar expression and face. "You..." Tsubine raised an eyebrow, entirely confused. "...have actually grown some finally."

Tsubine had no time to say anything more than that before... someone actually shorter than Genpaku stepped in behind him followed by... Tsubine blinked again, trying to believe her eyes. Two people she hadn't seen in years were just there. Sure, Genpaku had finally grown some, but Lilith? She was unchanged. If anything, the only thing is that she looked more annoyed—or perhaps it was vigilance. It was hard to tell with her eyepatch on. Lilith spoke a familiar three words, and Tsubine realized just how much she was gawking. She was also not being as steadfast as she could have been. Lilith changed that.

"What I plan to bring to the Vanguard is an expertise in leadership. I've dealt with organizations this size, as mentioned previously. But as you said, the past is the past. Your previous leader was, as you claim, distracted by holding a throne elsewhere. That won't happen with me. What I plan for the Vanguard isn't so simple. I want to bring us, the Vanguard as a whole, to, frankly, be the defenders of the entire Earth again, not just half of Australia, the moon, and this tiny little piece in Japan. I'm not saying I'm going to toss everyone to a suicidal blitzkrieg. It may take some time, but I want to bring back an Earth where it doesn't feel like I have to fight the entire time. I want to bring back a peace so that people like us can actually look at saying 'I think we've succeeded here.' That's not something any of us can do right now. I know that personally."

Tsubine breathed in and out deeply. It was time to tell the hard part of her story. "I lost my husband to a demon earlier this year. I left the Gotei five years ago to start a family. I thought that maybe, just maybe my fight was over. It wasn't. I realized only too late that as the world stands, no one with any sort of responsibility can give that up right now. We need every single person we can get, even if they are not part of the Vanguard, to create a world peaceful enough that people who want to can actually sit down and take a break. What do I want for the Vanguard? What do I want to bring to the Vanguard? I want to bring a world where I feel like I can put my sword up as a display piece and not have it somewhere where I can easily grab it as I rush out the door to fight yet another battle."

Tsubine's Character List
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue999999/999999(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:21 pm
(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 6EdIfMt

ENTER THE DEPTHS

Artist: N/A - Song: N/A

From her Blackheart's statement things got a lot more interesting, a face she had never seen in person but knew in reputation had made his way into the room. Unlike the new leader who seemed completely dumbfounded her expression remained unchanged by this turn of events. The young man was somwhat attractive, with the red-head pretty in her own way. It wasn't all she was focused on but for now there was nothing else really important to think on until Tsubine resumed her train of thought.

She didn't interrupt this conversation, she just observed as she liked to do, mulling over the fact the new leader had emotional ties to a daughter. In the end she figured it would hopefully be no more different than for her father who was able to handle work and family, only time would tell though.

Once Tsubine had finished the young Warden looked around the room. She was wondering why she was here. Aside from this meeting being a nice little chance to meet and greet each other Chifuyu had really already done that and she was aware most of her fellow Wardens were absent. So while she could stay and continue to listen in she instead would rise gracefully and address Tsubine.

"I feel I have given adequate time here. The impromptu meeting is more for an introduction and I have learned all I came to know, given that I am the only Warden here, you may schedule a meeting with myself and the other Wardens or if you would like any further conversatons they can be held at a later date but I have things I need to attend to so I will be excusing myself."

Given that speech she would turn and leave, while Tsubine could order her to stay it really would just be a drag for her. She had many things she could be using her time for, things like research and development or even just general tasks. Either way, the entire meeting was seeming unnecessary given that the Wardens would probably be chased up anyway after this meeting.

[EXIT THREAD]

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Shizuo
Shizuo
Gremlin

Member Info
Platinum Points:
(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue59000/99999(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (59000/99999)
Tiers:

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:22 pm

Artist: Undertale OST - Song: Your Best Friend - Word Count: 914

Blackheart listened, and even with everything having shifted. The surprise evident upon Tsubine’s face as the newest additions to their lovely little group of participants came to the fold, all of it was brought together and contemplated within the mind of the first of the unknowns. He liked what she was saying, ideologically it made sense. However he also knew one thing, radical change would beget bloodshed. It would cause the streets to run red if not done properly and that was why he didn’t laugh, nor mock her for the sentiments she carried with her, he did not belittle her for her reasons for standing here--rather he commended her for her frank honesty; however being impressed was different than what he was here for. Protecting the realm was the reason he fought, the reason for him being in the vanguard and thus, he ignored the growing confusion at those who entered, and cut through the new development with a simple candid statement that was firm, because it was directed at their initial subject.

”How?”

He let that word hang there, studying silently once more the figures of Genpaku, and the child and woman duo he inevitably seemed to bring with him. He also paused so Tsubine could collect her thoughts, and only then did Blackheart move forward with the heart of what he wanted to know now that he had his previous questions affirmed.

”You wish to protect earth, and make it a better place. However, how do you plan on doing this? How many lives will be lost to realize it, what mountain of bodies will be climbed over to achieve it, this dream that you have for this organization.”

Yes, he wasn’t the softest, nor eloquent when he spoke. However he also wanted to know if she had a plan going into this, because of the fact that there would be sacrifices. People would die to realize a dream, the only question was how many would it take, to make this world safer? Blackheart at least thought that was something that was worth discussing with this dream that tsubine had. He did not think what she was saying was wrong, nor did he believe that hayden had made the wrong choice in the selection of Tsubine Koezuka. However he also believed that if she was able to state the dream she had, the direction that she wished to take; that she would also have some idea of how she was going to realize it.

He also noted that chifuyu had left, the small smile that had been dancing silently on the very corner of his lips fading back into his original expression of neutrality. Blackheart understood to some extent chifuyu was busy, however as usual he didn’t quite agree with how she spoke to their leader. However, that wasn’t his problem and thus--that unsavory train of thought was quashed then and there, allowing him to return to the task at hand.

Other than that minute disruption in composure, it seemed like blackheart would be rather calm about the surprises and the way the conversation meandered to and fro. He’d merely wait for his own answer and take this situation one step at a time.

Template By:
[THEFROST][/b]
[/size]

(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 LzZCuy7
(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 BtXe12b
Genpaku
Genpaku
Advisor

Member Info
Platinum Points:
(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:23 am

“Time changes us all to one degree or another, no?” Genpaku asked, giving a small smile to Tsubine. It had been a long time since the two of them had seen one another; the more things changed though, the more they stayed the same. Tsubine seemed to reach find her words to answer the question put to her, and Genpaku took the chance to move to the nearest chair and take a seat. It had been his intention to sit in on this meeting after all.

He listened as Tsubine laid out what she sought to do, what she thought needed to be done. Unsurprising that Genpaku laregly agreed with the direction she was seeking to take things here. He kept quiet though, opting to watch how things played out from here as people reacted to her statement. Chiyufu seemed to decide she'd had enough of this room though, and made her exit. Apparently she was one of the Wardens, given the phrasing she'd dropped. He kept his face neutral as she made her exit. He had some reservations for how people were reacting in general, but he reminded himself that he'd been gone longer than he expected. Time changes all things to one degree or another, and he had only the barest understanding of any of that as far as the organization he had created. Before he acted, he needed to understand.

Blackheart kept on to his point, focused and seeking answers to his questions. His newest one was a pointed one, and Genpaku turned his attention back to Tsubine. Perhaps either Blackheart's question or Tsubine's answer would draw some of the others in the room out of their silence and help him to understand at least some of the shape of the tension in the room that had been here since before he'd arrived.

(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 8klWaOIn_o

~We trip and stumble only so that we may stand back up...~

Genpaku's Cast of Misfits and Titans
[Character Thread]

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:01 am
"Wait... did I fall asleep somewhere back there? What the...? What the hell did we just walk into? She is the what? At least that explains one thing..."

It wasn't a known thing that Lilith had the habit of dazing out when something was boring her. Previous conversation between herself, Genpaku, Hayden, Blackheart, and the mouse did indeed have information about the new Vanguard leader, but Lilith had let her mind wander during all of that. She wasn't much of a politician, and often found the subject dull and tedious. However, hearing Tsubine's answer to certain questions that must have been presented before she entered the room left Lilith a bit stunned. She kept her expression calm, of course, but the topic suddenly piqued her interest. So, Tsubine had become the leader of the Vanguard? And she was now being met with questions by her subordinates.

One of these women stayed silent, so Lilith gave her little thought. The other, however, had given some speech and then decided to leave? Seriously? Having been standing by the door, as Chifuyu left, Lilith eyed the woman like she would an insolent child and turned away as if the little girl meant nothing. Lilith had a problem with anyone who'd give that kind of attitude and then walk out, especially for those half-assed reasons that were given. It sounded more like she didn't like the company, so she was running off to pout in her room. Blackheart, however, stayed and asked more questions about Tsubine's answers. The questions bought a raised eyebrow from Lilith as it sounded like more whining.

"That's stupid." Lilith spoke up bluntly once Blackheart ceased his questions, "Isn't half the world taken over by our enemy? That 'how many people have to die' argument is a question I expect from some kid playing hero. Yeah, people are gonna have to die in order to make sure death isn't running the world anymore, but counting up the bodies is a foolish endeavor. War is death. To reach the goal, it's possible everyone in this room would fall during battle, but that's better than a world forever led by Shadow Fall or the Monsuta. You want less people to die? Take your enemy fast and with control. Don't let your power run wild, and don't give them the time to let theirs run wild. That's it. For every day we're idle, more lives are being ruined. There's only one way to stop it, and that's to fight."

Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7380/100(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:18 pm

Tsubine Koezuka

Tsubine didn't know what to say to Chifuyu's leaving. It was going to be hard to do this whole thing again. But she was going to have to anyways, since none of the Wardens besides Chifuyu had shown up. Might as well do it when someone else already knew some of her stances. This might give her a chance to refine her viewpoints into something more acceptable. She still wasn't, honestly, ready for explaining herself. Blackheart was the first to speak up. Thankfully this snapped Tsubine out of those thoughts. Alas, it spun her into another web.

Lilith gave an answer before Tsubine could. Tsubine nodded along in agreement. Lilith's attitude may not have been the best, but her point was right on the money. "Lilith... is right. The only way anything is going to change will be with blood from both sides. Whatever we do, this isn't going to be a bloodless conflict. In fact, I imagine World War Three will be less bloody than what is to come." Tsubine breathed out with hesitation. "Those who wish to fight for the Earth should expect that maybe they won't come back. We're going to have to take this planet back, even if sacrifices must be made." Tsubine nodded once to herself, scanning the room "And there will be innocents and noncombatants that will die as well. It is a sad, painful fact but it is a fact nonetheless. We're not all fighters. We're not all going to be on the frontlines, leading the charge. We have our scientists, our medics, and our relief operations."

"But what we need to do is make sure that they sacrifice more than we do. We cannot let the Kokuryuuteshi and Shadowfall to maintain a foothold on this planet. And so long as we keep the pressure up, they won't have one. They have a strong foundation right now, one that has been built up over years of occupation. We can break that foundation over time." Tsubine let that hang before continuing. "How?" Tsubine let out a single-breath chuckle. "Honestly, asking me that is like asking a single doctor how he plans to cure a new disease."

"There isn't a singular plan that works for that. And while I may be the leader," Tsubine shot a very quick, challenging glance to Genpaku, "this isn't entirely a dictatorship. Wardens have their own duties, as do each of our branches. The plan for combat isn't even entirely up to me." Tsubine sighed. "There is one thing that is up to me. We're going to have to have a better cohesion inside the Vanguard. I understand there were many issues with the previous leader, but I cannot speak on them. I don't know the situation all that well, nor do I know any of you or Hayden that well. Even beyond that, the Vanguard seems fractured. From the lack of participants in this meeting, I imagine that's going to be a harder thing to fix than I thought. The only way for us to succeed is there to be an actual us. That's something I don't think is here right now."

"Beyond that, we have allies that we need to reinforce. From the Gotei to the Yayjuu and the Yuudeshi family, we need to show that we're someone they can rely upon once more. I think us meeting with them will help alleviate any concerns they may have." Tsubine looked out at the small group here. "The Vanguard bit off more than they could chew in the past. We're going to need to pace ourselves. But once we get our pace going..." Tsubine actually gave off a confident smile. "We're not going to be able to let up."

Tsubine's Character List
Shizuo
Shizuo
Gremlin

Member Info
Platinum Points:
(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue59000/99999(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (59000/99999)
Tiers:

Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:47 pm

Artist: Undertale OST - Song: Your Best Friend - Word Count: 914

Blackheart paused at first, his eyes not meeting the new arrivals. Not meeting the girl who had just berated him in such a manner that, quite frankly even HE was beginning to feel angry. To those around them there would be calm, but to someone who knew him they’d see the signs. The subtle way his fingers clenched into his palm almost imperceptibly against the hard surface of the table. The way he paused faintly between breaths, before letting air silently escape from his lips. Then there was the way that he not only did not make direct eye contact with tsu, nor the red head, and then addressed the girl with red hair directly.

”Control? Efficacy. . Ah i’ve forgotten. “

A soft chuckle escaped blackhearts lips as he took a moment and let the pounding in his ears recede into the mellow thrum of a barely eked out calm.

”.. A child would suggest that merely controlling ourselves, expecting more out of yourself would be enough to beat an enemy.

His lips curved into the faintest of smiles as he glanced at the girl with hair the color of blood finally, and spoke in a voice that was careful, collected. Above all else it was calm, scarily so.

” War may be death, however by asking these questions it humanizes these numbers. It makes you think, just what am i willing to do to give myself the outcome i want. Making choices, using this power of ours for a purpose is our duty. It is why we protect the realm, because we ask these “childish” questions, as you’ve so nicely put it. If you wish to call me a kid, then think it in your head, such brash and pointless comments take away from the gravity of the situation at hand. “

Blackhearts gaze left Liliths own as if she no longer held interest and he gave her something to think about.

”Don’t let your own personal thoughts affect your professionalism, kid.”

Finally he looked back at tsu and said in a faint tone as if the previous conversation was no longer a concern to him. As if this was simply going to be another day.

”If we are fractured, all we have to do is devote the time, the effort, and the willpower to mend these rifts and make everything whole again, right?”

Now he’d be quiet, as his turn to speak was over, and he wanted to hear what everyone else had to say.

Template By:
[THEFROST][/b]
[/size]

(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 LzZCuy7
(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 BtXe12b
Genpaku
Genpaku
Advisor

Member Info
Platinum Points:
(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:47 am

“I think that's enough illustrating that particular point of the Regent General's” came Genpaku's calm voice, though it had gained a hard edge and the unmistakable ring of authority. It was true that Genpaku did not know Blackheart, and may not have interpreted the slight changes in his behavior as anything in particular. He didn't need to though once the barbs in the demon's comments came out. Beyond that, he knew Lilith and how she'd react. While many would think that Genpaku had lost his position of authority (him chief among them) it didn't stop that tone from filling his voice all the same; it hadn't been as long for him as for everyone else.
“Our Regent General just pointed out how fractured the Vanguard is, and childish comments like those prove it. Much has changed since I've been gone it seems,” he said, not looking at anyone in particular. He seemed to think quietly a moment, considering.

“You're both right in your own ways. Control is important, both in ourselves and our enemies. Allowing our enemies to move freely and unleash their strength at will and random is something we should seek to control and contain. Doing so by bringing unneeded destruction makes the point moot. Likewise, Lilith is right; everyone person, not just those in this room but in the Vanguard as a whole and more, should be prepared to bleed and die for peace. Or at least the closest thing we can attain to it. Rebuking either side makes no sense, as both of you are right. We should strive for as few casualties as we can, to protect every soul that is possible. And we should accept that we can't protect everyone. That does not mean we should not try, merely that we can't let our failures stop us in our tracks. If we fail we must figure out why, how we may avoid doing so in the future, and continue forward so that those that were lost were not lost in vain.”

Genpaku left his comment hang in the air for a few moments, hoping the words would sink in and maybe calm some of the bickering. He let out a breath, and the serious face broke with a small smile.
“We are all gathered with a common goal; we wish to see the world freed from the dark influences and depredations that wrack it so. To seek fault and blame among ourselves only gives our enemies weapons to wield against us. Of course we should disagree, of course we should argue, but always with reason guiding us and not emotion. It is worth regarding other views, for they bring us closer to seeing the whole that we must see if we are to make the world in the image we wish for it.”

He turned his attention back to Tsubine.
“I do agree though. Breaking the enemies foundation is important, but if I feel you hit on a more important point. Before we can begin to bring down the enemy's strongplaces, we must see to our own. We must see to strengthening our own holds and our ties with our allies. The Vanguard was not meant to fight the war across the worlds on its own; it was meant to be the first there, to hold the line until others came. It was meant to be the edge of the sword. I've....been gone longer than it seems to me. Longer than it was for me. I'm afraid I don't know everything about what is going on, the state of ourselves or our allies. What I do know is the world is in danger, and if we don't answer then who will? We need every strong arm and able mind we can get.”

(Another) New Beginning [ASK TO JOIN] - Page 2 8klWaOIn_o

~We trip and stumble only so that we may stand back up...~

Genpaku's Cast of Misfits and Titans
[Character Thread]

Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:49 pm

Tsubaki Koezuka

Tsubaki looked at the group that began to infight. This was something that she warned against. Thankfully, the littl—second-littlest one of the group spoke up. Although Genpaku may not be as tiny as he once was, Tsubaki did remember when he was. Genpaku was generally a better people person than she was. He was the type that wanted to make sure people were happy without sacrificing too much from his own desires. But even beyond that, he knew this organization better than anyone else. After all, it was thanks to him that the Vanguard even existed.

Without him...

Without all of the others...

Without all of the deaths...

Tsubaki looked at the group again. New faces, old faces. People she knew, people she never even saw before. They were people—members of the organization she now led. She was, effectively, in control of their lives. She knew this feeling, and she knew just how hard it was to make decisions that might result in her seeing those faces only in grayscale memorial photos.

"We all are a bit on the young side here, so I don't think any of us calling the other 'kid' or 'child' is going to do more than make some of us feel older than we are. The only children we should be talking about in here are the ones we're going to save. Maybe not us personally carrying some random kid out of rubble, but it's our decisions that will save lives." Tsubaki looked at the portrait of Genpaku. "'If not us, then who?' is the motto of our organization. We're the ones that can save people—most people too, if I'm being honest. Whether it's saving members of our own ranks or those who are allied or even those who want nothing to do with the upcoming conflict, it doesn't matter."

"I don't want us perpetuating a string of vengeance. I don't want us to lose people so their successors will swear for repayment with the blood of their enemies. But it's going to happen. And it's going to happen more if we don't strengthen our alliances." Tsubaki turned towards the group once more. "We're the Vanguard. This means we're the first portion of an army. If we don't have an army of allies to back us up, then we're just going to falter. A spear is not just as good as the spearhead, but also as good as the haft. If we thrust and the haft breaks, then we're doomed to fail. That's why we need to strengthen our alliances first. If it has to begin in this room..." Tsubaki shot an almost-warning glance to both Blackheart and Lilith. "Then so be it. But we're going to have to start somewhere."

Tsubine's Character List
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum