Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Steiner Franz
Steiner Franz
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Natural Remedies [Angel/Steiner] Left_bar_bleue40300/10000Natural Remedies [Angel/Steiner] Empty_bar_bleue  (40300/10000)
Tiers:

Natural Remedies [Angel/Steiner] Empty Natural Remedies [Angel/Steiner]

Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:59 pm

DIVINE CRUSADER

STEINER FRANZ

Natural Remedies [Angel/Steiner] 6EdIfMt

For the last month or so, Steiner Franz had found himself absolutely busy with his new job as the Second Blade of the Vanguard, and while that work had been vastly rewarding in maintaining the safety of the world it was indeed exhausting. Organizing patrol routes, overseeing training exercises, and filing the necessary paper work to keep the oil on the gears of the machine that was the defensive scheme of this base and Karakura. These things were all just a minuscule part of what his job entailed. This, however had not deterred him from his original goal of becoming Warden and though he knew the work load would be astronomically heavier, he was more than willing to take on that weight. As said before, though the work was taxing, and the mental strain was high, this was rewarding work. Every day the men under his command were doing this city and the innocent people living in it a service and it was the right type of service that left him feeling rather pleased with himself, a feeling that he was sure wasn't actually mutually exclusive either.

And why shouldn't he feel pleased? Violence around the outskirts was down, the new training course that he wanted to put the men through had been approved, and he was slowly gaining the respect of the men in his service. It was a winning combination for him, even if that winning combination meant many sleepless nights underground. In fact he couldn't remember when the last time he had been to the surface was, or the last time that he had actually slept in a comfortable bed. His office had sort of become his quarters as well and he had spent most of his time since arriving at this base living inside of this room with his only interaction being with brass and the soldiers under his command. While sad in its own way, the job was keeping him busy, and that was more than enough for him. Still, every once in a while one of his men would ask him to go top side for a bit, and he would always reply with a jest or with a lie that he would do so.

It was after one particular lie after a two day straight paperwork binge that Steiner found himself completely drained, tossing his uniform jacket aside, and sitting down heavily in his seat. He looked at a few inspirational paintings on the walls, before slamming his head down on his desk, and letting out a long exasperated yawn. "I'm just glad that the paper work for the week is done...maybe I can finally catch some shut eye.", Steiner said to himself as he turned his head to the right checking the bin where the incomplete paperwork and processing papers were meant to be. The bin was completely bare thanks to his efforts and the twelve or so cups of coffee he had ingested over the last two days to keep himself awake. A sense of accomplishment washed over him as he leaned back in his chair, eyeing the couch in the corner with a disheveled blanket, and a pillow which had become his bed as of late. For a moment he ran through a mental check list, checking to see if he had truly completed all of his tasks before he decided to clock out for the day, and finally sleep.

That is when he spotted it, laying on the coffee table near his beloved couch bed was a vanilla folder marked for delivery to R&D, and instantly his heart sank. "Is that the file on the Lazarus Pod that I compiled a week ago? I thought I already delivered that...", he said in defeat as he got up from his desk and marched over to pick up the file. In his mind he hoped it was empty as the thoughts of cutting a few logs had sounded extremely tempting, but upon opening he learned rather quickly that was not the case. Inside were all of the schematics and weird formulas that he had found inside of the Universitus Index inside of his head revolving around the Lazarus Pod. The Lazarus Pod was a healing device that could heal most wounds and even restore limbs with the proper medicinal cocktail and understanding of how it worked. Steiner, however had no clue how to make anything he was reading on these particular documents into a real machine. Most of the stuff was a copy and paste from memory and none of it was comprehensible to a basic mind like his own. Which was why he had sent it to R&D, or so he had thought.

"I suppose sleep can wait a little bit longer, after all this file could save some lives.", he spoke, trying his best to make the fact that he now had to travel all the way to R&D in his condition less of a hassle through words. It really didn't work, but at least he tried, right? Walking out of his office, Steiner took the quickest route to R&D, passing by several soldiers who gave him salutes which he ignored in his rushed state, and nodding his head at several high ranking officers as he finally reached the automatic doors of the lab. He input a special code and the doors slid open, allowing him to walk inside to the lavish, and well funded lab that the Vanguard had assembled underground. "Hello? Is anyone here?", he asked as he held the folder tight to his chest and took a look around the lab which seemed practically abandoned for the most part. "I have a file here on a project of mine that I needed some help on...hello?", he kept questioning as he went further inside, unknowing as to what to expect from the research team here.

Coding Altered From: [THEFROST]'s

Natural Remedies [Angel/Steiner] OlBPPj4
Natural Remedies [Angel/Steiner] VewULRr
Natural Remedies [Angel/Steiner] AQodtc6
Cooking Spray
Cooking Spray
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Natural Remedies [Angel/Steiner] Left_bar_bleue93900/99999Natural Remedies [Angel/Steiner] Empty_bar_bleue  (93900/99999)
Tiers:

Natural Remedies [Angel/Steiner] Empty Re: Natural Remedies [Angel/Steiner]

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:54 pm

The Mechanical Guardian

Angel

Song: N/a STUFF - Artist: N/A STUFF - Words: N/A

Progress continued to be made, day in and day out. A rather large group of scientists could be found within one of the labs of the Combine testing out new prototypes, while others were elsewhere working out the kinks for different tools to follow on the testing process. The main lab was, at the time, quite empty. Only Angel and one of her lab assistants could be found within. The Head Researcher was further down into the lab, updating the defense mechanisms of her latest model of droids. Though sturdy and ready for combat, it seemed as though they were still unable to withstand a drawn out battle against a powerhouse like Radioactive. The two had come to the agreement to work together in creating droids that could take whatever punishment he could dish out, in an effort to lend a helping and defensive hand to the troops during times of war. Regardless, when the man arrived, he’s see absolutely no one in his direct vicinity...until the lab aid came to him as he called.

Natural Remedies [Angel/Steiner] GjVLVNW

”Hello. What can I help you with?”

The lady, fair in height, and garbed in a long, white lab coat came up to him, clipboard on hand as she scanned it and looked back at him. On the identification on her coat it read, JZN-482 “Jane”. Her tone of voice wasn’t necessarily of someone that was upset, but neither was it of someone that was willing to sit down for a chat. She seemed as though she had been busy, and the idea that someone had shown up who had not made an appointment or called beforehand somewhat irritating. Regardless, there was respect given nonetheless. She knew who Steiner was. He didn’t know her, but she did. Her database was constantly updated with the latest changes, and it could actually have been more up to date than the computers most used. After all, despite her own rigorous maintenance, Angel had made sure to install some of the best and latest processing software within her. Nonetheless, Jane knew nothing of the details of his personal life, as those weren’t necessarily kept on file. She simply knew as much as it was recorded and acquired through background checks.

”With all due respect Mr. Franz, I’m afraid to inform you that appointments and heads ups are still very much a thing, even among those of higher ranking positions. I advise you to use the means and procedures set out for all to follow, and lead by example.”

“That’s okay Jane, I’ll see him now.”

The voice had come from a door that had just opened out back. In an instant, Jane would bow as her boss came in. But it wasn’t so much devotion or fear as it was quite simply, respect. Angel had made her. And unlike most people Jane had met, her creator did not seem moved at all by power fluctuations or ranks. She was the Lead Researcher, but even if she was the Queen or the lowest of grunts, she’d still act the very same way; nice, caring, and incredibly humble. The doll treated Jane with utmost respect, and just as though she was a real human being. As far as they were concerned, Jane and Angel were the only two of their kind, though that could change. Still, despite the fear Jane instilled in many of her peers, she always noticed a distinct way in the form she was spoken to, and the way Angel spoke to her. Regardless of her serial number, her maker always referred to her by her human name… it held meaning to her.

”Jane could you tend to the droid experiment? I’ll have a chat with our visitor, and I’ll call you if we need your assistance. Thank you my dear.”

While Angel was speaking, Jane would be making signs and hand motions right behind her but directed at Stein. If he looked closely, he’d noticed that Jane was flicking her own arm, pointing at Angel, then pointing at him, touching her fist to the palm of her hand, and then running a finger underneath her throat. Essentially she meant, ”If you hurt her I’ll beat you up and kill you!. With a smile of course. Luckily for her Angel had no means of knowing what had happened, but seeing as everything was quiet, certainly everything was okay. Walking a bit closer to her visitor now, Angel would extend a hand towards him, letting it hand on the air just a few inches from him.

”My apologies, do you mind? Also, what brings you here… Mr.?”

As it was customary for her, the girl liked to touch her acquaintances, either over their cheeks or just above her shoulders. Sure, she could capture a subtle visual image of their form but she was blind to the color and the details and contours of their forms. Touching was among the easiest ways to gain a better understanding. However not everyone would be as willing for such a thing so had he refused, she would have just stopped then and there. Also his name was no mystery to her. He was Steiner Franz, the most recent appointment to the position of the Second Blade. She figured that was more than enough to speak about his skill, and possibly his character as well. She just wasn’t sure what he prefered to be called. The girl only had one name so there was no real options of nicknames and the sort. She had however discovered that most humans didn’t take too kindly to certain nicknames or even to their actual name as a whole. She saw it best he picked what he preferred being called, and she’d simply follow suit.

Coding By: [THEFROST]

Natural Remedies [Angel/Steiner] ORabiFS
Steiner Franz
Steiner Franz
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Natural Remedies [Angel/Steiner] Left_bar_bleue40300/10000Natural Remedies [Angel/Steiner] Empty_bar_bleue  (40300/10000)
Tiers:

Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:07 pm

DIVINE CRUSADER

STEINER FRANZ

Natural Remedies [Angel/Steiner] 6EdIfMt

The empty lab and the lack of personnel gave an ominous air to the research labs belonging to the Vanguard that seemed to send a chill down his spine. It reminded him of the novels he had read about the mad scientist's laboratories filled with horrifying creations, mystery, and intrigue. Well, he supposed that most of that was wrong as the only thing that this lab was showing him at the moment weren't horrors, but the beeping and whizzing of machinery doing its intended tasks. He rubbed the four day old stubble on his chin, contemplating returning to his office/room, and come back tomorrow as it seemed no one was truly around to gauge interest on his project. Not that it bothered him, the Vanguard scientists were some of the best in the world, and he was sure they were off testing some revolutionary device that would end the war or something of that manner. He was about to turn to leave when one of the lab aides made their presence known and in the process scared the hell out of the young man. The file's, that he had held closely to his chest, contents now lay all over the lab floor as Steiner took a deep exasperated breath and knelt down to begin to pick up the paperwork.

"Don't do that, you could scare a guy half to death like that!", Steiner spoke earnestly as he clambered to pick up all of the papers to stuff them back into the vanilla folder. She began to speak to him as he continued to grab the papers and stuff them neatly back in the folder. Her tone was neither appropriate for someone talking to someone who she had nearly scared half to death, or very welcoming for someone who worked for the same organization as she did. Sure he was intruding into her domain, but at least she could be respectful, and treat him with some level of respect and kindness. He had after all been burning the midnight oil for several days straight and unlike some people, he was only human, and he desperately needed the sleep to at least semi-function. After picking up the files, he would get to eye level with the aide, his eyes reading her designation, and quirking an eyebrow at her name tag as he had never known that serial numbers were handed out to Vanguard personnel, he had just assumed to call everyone by name.

"Many apologies, Jane...this file though was suppose to be delivered days ago from my office, and I have been bogged down with work. Its not easy setting up security, patrol routes, training exercises, and basically all the paperwork for the vast majority of the Boros Guard. Still, you are right...it was wrong of me not to phone ahead.", Steiner said with kindness as he let out a deafening yawn and scratched the back of his head with the hand not holding the files. He had also not known members of the Vanguard to bow to superior officers, salutes were a given, but bowing had never really been covered in the handbook. Hearing the voice of a new comer, Steiner turned his tired eyes to spot a white haired female in a blindfold walking over to them, and apparently she was in control of this lab. Which made her in a way his superior, but yet the name of the head of the lab escaped him, and he found himself mentally kicking himself not remembering something so basic. Maybe if he had several more cups of coffee and a light nap then maybe he would have remembered.

"Sorry again, Jane.", he said awkwardly as the aide left, but not before pantomiming to show the lead researcher a bit of respect to which Steiner would casually waver her off. Steiner wasn't some horrible person, he was by far one of the nicest people one could meet while operating within the confines of the Vanguard, and by far one of the nicer people still around on this planet. Still, his concern over getting a verbal or literal beating from that aide would definitely steer him clear from insulting the woman in front of him. When she reached out for him, Steiner took her hand out of instinct, and did the only thing his sleep deprived mind and body could come up with. He took her hand, firmly, but gently at the same time, and shook it as he had done when he had accepted the position of Second Sword.

"Sorry, where are my manners! I'm Steiner, Steiner Franz...I'm the Second Sword who has his plate filled to the brim as of late? Sorry if this is short notice, but I've been so busy and forgot to drop these files off on a project I hoped to put to good use. Miss...", he internally kicked himself as he went through about half a million names and none of them added up to the person in front of him. He reminded himself that he would have to go through the files once again and learn everyone's name so this mistake wouldn't happen again or at least get a good night's sleep so that he could remember. Or both, both might be nice.

"Just call me Steiner...no need for formalities."

Coding Altered From: [THEFROST]'s

Natural Remedies [Angel/Steiner] OlBPPj4
Natural Remedies [Angel/Steiner] VewULRr
Natural Remedies [Angel/Steiner] AQodtc6
Cooking Spray
Cooking Spray
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Natural Remedies [Angel/Steiner] Left_bar_bleue93900/99999Natural Remedies [Angel/Steiner] Empty_bar_bleue  (93900/99999)
Tiers:

Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:15 pm

The Mechanical Guardian

Angel

Song: N/a STUFF - Artist: N/A STUFF - Words: N/A

Unfortunately for the lab aid, Steiner had not responded as she had anticipated. She thought he’d retort back with the same level of harshness and coldness she had delivered but alas it was not the case. And with Angel nearby, she couldn’t afford to come off as further detached from a certain level of professionalism, so she had to abstain from bullying the man further. Still, her earlier hand motions were very much the truth. If harm came to her boss she would go out of her way, find the man, and make him suffer while he slept. Slowly. For the time being however, Jane was content to follow her boss’ orders and go work on the latest assignments. If things got out of hands, she possessed the means to tune in her sound detection devices to overhear anything potentially dangerous.

“That’s quite alright. I’m Angel. It’s very nice to meet you at last.”

There was a smile when he took her hand and shook it. The Second Blade seemed like a good man. There was a lot one could tell from an individual’s reaction, and there was a lot she had perceived already from his mannerisms; nothing truly bad, just interesting. Respect, duty, and politeness seemed to be overarching themes with him. He had a project he thought she could help him with, and she’d certainly be glad to. Extending one of her hands, she’d point to the location of the folder, almost asking as if it was okay for her to take it. If allowed, the Doll would open up the folder, fingers tracing gently over the pages as if trying to feel what was there.

”Do you have a backed copy of this data? Otherwise you can just tell me, and explain what you’d like.”

The girl could imagine shapes and surfaces around her through the use of sound and the spiritual energy that resonated around her. However she couldn’t see colors or very diminutive insertions or changes in contours like those of a printed or written word on paper. However if Steiner had a digital copy it could work. If it was easier, the man could simply go over the details of what he wanted, and how he saw it being used; that would help too. Angel always prided herself in having a near insatiable curiosity about the way things worked, and trying to find alternative ways to improve and create technology. She was always open to suggestions and more than willing to listen to the creative intellect of others.

”Please, follow me. I heard you were a recent appointment, like myself. Are you acclimating well to the organization?”

The Doll and the Human had been among the very first appointments to positions of interest by the newest leader of the Vanguard. There was a lot riding on their shoulders as not only was their worth and commitment being tested, but also the judgement and credibility of their leader. From what she observed, Steiner seemed tired, perhaps even exhausted. It was sometimes easy to forget that humans were in general pretty frail creatures. Fatigue, sleep, hunger, and other necessary tasks typically got in their way, making things just a bit more cumbersome. Nonetheless, the girl felt the need to help him. Beyond the fact that the two had been appointed around the same time, and the fact that he had an interest in science, there was more. She could always use more friends.

”We’re here. By the way, pardon my question but what color are your clothes? Is it your favorite color? Why?”

Those might have seemed like strangely odd questions but there was a method to the madness. Colors were a concept that quite obviously escaped her for very glaring reasons. Angel’s own clothes were always either white or black as they seemed to be the most basic colors, and the easiest to understand. She imagined that colors were like tools. She thought they were meant to represent something or stand for something. Besides, for someone that could only see shapes in the black and white, there wasn’t a point in investing in a variety of colors when she could only assume what red looked like or what hue blue actually was.

As she talked, the two would reach a door with no typical lock. Instead, there was a hole with a metal engraving at its center. Feeling the door with her hands, Angel would stick one in before a very loud spinning sound originated from the door, almost like a blender or a food processor of sorts. Her hand was fine. The door simply had hundreds of different mechanical locks that needed to be opened in a certain manner and at a certain speed made impossible by conventional keys or hacking. It made it so that only a select few could open it up. Once the door opened, an extremely large room would be in view. Before going in, the size of the room should have appeared to be no bigger than a broom closet. But, upon taking the first step, the area looked large enough to house a concert. The hows of how such scientific sorcery allowed for it was a well kept secret most would find boring and tedious to have it explained. There were tools at every corner, half finished droids, and plenty of projects Angel had been working on. More importantly, whatever he could need with his request, she was bound to have there.

”Feel free to take a seat anywhere. There should be seats around the room and some chair bags my assistant brought in. I hear they look like big beans, but comfortable.”

Coding By: [THEFROST]

Natural Remedies [Angel/Steiner] ORabiFS
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum