Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bear Hugs - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Bear Hugs - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Bear Hugs - Page 2 Empty Re: Bear Hugs

Tue 09 Apr 2019, 7:50 pm

ULV AUBER | THE BURNING HEART

"Admittedly, the body I have now was not of my choosing. This is an artificial construct I was sort of slotted into when Mirja died. And I have yet to replicate her Body Of Clay to change it around to my liking. As for the creators, no, they are both dead. Mirja killed my father and was my mother. I think I am the only woman who has had both parents killed before I was born" She smiled softly at such an impossibility, and then Midori decided it was time to throw down. Which was fine. Amber lights crawled up Ulv's arms and settled in to glow softly as her Tulpa activated. Here, they would see what Midori thought in her heart.

"Mmm, Henrex was a young teenager who lacked maturity. He's grown up now, but it is still something I like to tease him about, from time to time. Excellent swordsman though. Truly a phenomenal warrior on that front" Ulv said, before a pair of gold gauntlets unfolded from the bracelets on her wrists and covered her hands.

"And to be fair, I am a stranger. We have never met. I just hold the legacy of my mother close to my chest. Now, let's see if you have learned anything while you were hiding from your problems in Hell" Ulv took her position, and the wind picked up around her before Ulv took off, showcasing considerable levels of movement speed for one so broad and muscular. Maybe this was a speed form?

That idea would be quickly laid to rest as she appeared in Midori's intimate close quarters and thrust out her hakuda-enhanced fists, using the Double-Bone technique as her open, incredible spiritual power backed by incredible physical power would make an incredible, shattering mess of the landscape, even if it did not of Midori.

Truth Of Flame | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bear Hugs - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Bear Hugs - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Tue 09 Apr 2019, 11:35 pm

THE REMORSELESS HEROINE

MIDORI Sugiura

Bear Hugs - Page 2 6EdIfMt

If Midori were to be wholly truthful with herself, she had longed to battle with this woman ever since she appeared before her. Facing enemies in hell was a nice distraction but to face a truly powerful opponent made her heart tremble with excitement.

Even though she threw visceral insults her way, she could not deny that her form was magnificently powerful. A symbol of strength and vigor. It would seem as though whoever created this body seemed to construct her with the thought of strength, speed, and grace in mind.

Her pride, however, would not allow Ulv to feel as though she was worth anything more to her than a piece of trash one would find on the sidewalk. She didn't bother to listen to her words nor understand their meaning. It seemed that she was the type of individual who ignored such emotions. To be fair, Midori could not accurately read the personality or psyche of this woman known as Ulv.

She seemed to be akin to a sentient android of sorts. She could read emotion and reply to them but her expressions were so odd that one would be hard-pressed to understand what she was thinking. Expressions would hardly matter now, she mused. The time for battle was nigh. In an instant that was imperceptibly fast - to the mortal eye - Ulv appeared before her with her fists, each glowing with amber light, and executed the Hakuda technique known as Sokotsu. Midori was no fool.

She knew that taking something like that head on from any advanced or mastered warrior of hand to hand combat, would likely spell death to even herself with enough damage. Considering she had no idea what the scale of this woman's strength, even one could do her in lest she was foolish.

Thus, her mind began to deduce strategy in real-time, considering her options. As she was already within striking distance, Midori could not simply evade at a moment's notice. She was hardly a warrior who lacked speed in her own right but Ulv had secured the advantage of a well-placed initial strike. Her mind deduced that the only options available to her were to deflect the strike with her alchemic-created blades or prepare a counterstrike

The Remorseless Heroine could activate her Aura, of course, and use the metaphysical membrane of spiritual energy that it produced to gauge Ulv's strength. However, she had no way to know how strong she was. If she was a powerhouse of godlike force, her Aura would be useless within minutes. Midori swung her two blades forward in the formation of a shield, planting her feet within the ground. As the fists struck the blades, they were crushed within an instant, though that hardly surprised Midori. It was not as if their construction was poor by any meaning of the term, but she wished to know how strong she was in terms of physical combat.

In that same moment, she would receive her answer, for as when the blades had been crushed under Ulv's fists, the concussive force behind her strike sent Midori hurdling far away.

She balanced herself and landed atop the water of the river. Glancing down at her wrists and wincing at the pain she now felt within her body, she registered what had happened.

Two broken wrists and bone cracks within her arms and the landscape where she was... now looking like it had been hit by a nuclear bomb. She was definitely not someone who Midori could take lightly.

Midori should have done more to protect herself than deflect her fists with the weapons but it was the only way she could accurately gauge how strong she could potentially be. To an extent, she had her answer. the lifeblood within her body quickly began to execute its function - through Aionios - and heal the damage that had been done.

"My, you are a strong one. If you hit like that, I think I'll enjoy being a battered carcass if I get dragged back to my husband~ Now, let me show you a couple of my tricks. "

With those words, Midori's body began to radiate with the magnificence of the sun. She was definitely the type of warrior that required nothing short of her very best in terms of offensive power, and none were greater than her unique ability of Sol. In short, Sol was essentially what made Midori's body a Solar Vessel, what made her so powerful and granted her godlike abilities - offensive or defensive - that she could use in whatever way she saw fit. Solar energy in its finest forms would manifest from her, truly giving her the air of a deity.

Activating Sol, her body now radiated with Solar energy. Initiating a successive series of hand movements, a magic circle with the inscription of Apollo - formed behind her

Once the circle had been projected, she struck her hand through the center of the magic circle. The circle thus turned into a series of spiritual layers that resembled rings of incandescent light. The ability she intended to employ was Apollo - Arrow of Retribution.

(Read spoiler if you do not wish to go to the app)
Spoiler:

Pointing her finger towards Ulv, Midori intended to fire all ten of her arrows towards Ulv's direction. On their own, they were the equivalent of a cero in terms of destructive power but altogether, they possessed the capability of destroying a large city. Ten solar bolts - in the form of fiery arrows - all formed within the air as they set their aim upon Ulv. Midori did not believe she would be defeated with one strike like this. She just wished to have fun and attack her with all that she had. She had to be careful not to over-exert herself, however. Or she would be a punching bag within minutes.

Last edited by Iori[Chronos] on Thu 11 Apr 2019, 12:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bear Hugs - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Bear Hugs - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Wed 10 Apr 2019, 5:28 am

Midori was a great warrior, she had stood alongside and against many legends of the world. So it was no surprise she managed to get out of there with nothing but shattered wrists. Though, Ulv could sense the spiritual energy being used in a regenerative fashion, and decided to change tracks. If she could regenerate, then whaling on her was no good unless she made a decisive, critical blow. And that was just asking for the moon against Midori.
"Mmm, I get around. But, my strength goes in layers, you know? Like an onion. Give it a few minutes, and then you'll see strong" Ulv cracked a grin, and then Midori seemed togather some sort of bright, light-based arrows around her.

Quite possibly the worst idea every made towards Ulv. But, these things happened when you didn't know the other person.
"Had you have known me so well as to put all your eggs in my basket, you'd never have done this, Midori" Ulv held out her hand, gauntleted now by a shining silver piece, veins of light running up the side. The arrows shot to Ulv, and then were seemingly...sucked into the gauntlet, and consumed.

"But I am no thief. You may have them back" Ulv then shot out a thick laser beam, adding the potency of Midori's arrows to her own Reiatsu to make a beam so hot that it hissed as the water vapor cooked off into gas from merely touching it, and had speed comparable to the arrows shot.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun 14 Apr 2019, 2:32 am

THE REMORSELESS HEROINE

MIDORI Sugiura

(Actually added posting music this time~! Click if you wish. )

As Midori unleashed her volley of solar arrows upon Ulv, she was supremely confident that with her divine source of solar energy as a conduit and her battle prowess, that her victory would be assured; that she could outmatch this mighty warrior who was becoming a thorn in her posterior. However, It would seem as though when the arrows had reached her… they were haplessly swallowed up within her gauntlet. "That was a mistake," Concluded a thought in her mind as she bore witness to her set of solar bolts being consumed within Ulv's silver gauntlets. Cursing herself mentally for not fully analyzing Ulv as a warrior before revealing her own trump card - her unique ability granted exclusively to her as a Soul-evolution human - Midori stood her ground as she prepared for the next trick up this woman's sleeve.

"God, you really are a buzzkill."

An exasperated sigh left her lips as she prepared for the oncoming counterattack. There were no disillusions in this battle. Midori could clearly sense that Ulv was a formidable warrior, a flaw against her was not something that seemed to be easily remedied.

A fatal mistake would certainly spell her doom if she chooses not to act with more poise. Such a revelation only sparked excitement within her heart. She craved the heat of battle.

It would be no fun if she simply fell after one attack. As the rays of light were swallowed up, they where instantaneously sent back with heat and velocity that left her breathless with joy. Midori planted her feet and placed her one hand outwards with Helios(Anima stone) in her palm, preparing her own counter to her own super-enhanced attack fired back at her by Ulv.

Taking the arrows back within her body would have been a simple option, yet there was no telling what type of energy Ulv may have added onto her arrows... so she decided to go with another method. It would be a simple technique.

As the arrows flew toward her, in that instant in time, her hands began to glow with radiant light as she executed her divine skill of transmutation. A central skill within alchemy that no true magician could ever be without.

To be fair, most were capable of using such an ability only on metals and earthly items, but Midori could access so much more. Spiritual warfare or bouts that involved clashes of energy was a small task when this ability was concerned.

By far, due to the superlative skill and divine nature of Transmutation, it teems with versatility and effectiveness on the battlefield. Mastering such art has allowed her to convert something so simple as a pile of wreckage into a steel beast that can fight alongside her. Even spiritual attacks - dependent upon their power - could be countered with enough strategy

Whereas her skill of Alteration manipulated objects through enhancing them with attributes that did not exist before, Transmutation defies mortal law by transmuting those items through thought, transforming them into marvelous constructs of a divine nature. Or on the other hand of the spectrum, transform them into the mundane and useless, all dependent upon the source of energy.

In this case, though it was a mark upon her pride, she chose to turn each arrow into the opposite of divine. Against her Anima stone, each solar arrow was transformed into swarms of shining fireflies as they flew past her. Even though Midori emerged from the engagement relatively unscathed, Ulv left a stain on the remorseless heroine's pride.

"My intention was to have a nice trip across the glorious plains of Africa, but I suppose you do not intend to let me do so without reuniting with my beloved. Even worse, you used my own attack against me and forced my hand. Tell me, was another one of your functions upon being created designated as "annoy the everlasting hell out of your targets?" Because so far, you are doing a marvelous job. Even so, I must admit that you are a formidable warrior, one who completely negates a lot of my unique ability at its core. "

Although her banter would seem to indicate she did not wish to fight, Midori had every intention to impose her will and bring her skill to bear against Ulv Auber. However, it seemed that her main ability would prove useless against her. If she truly wished to emerge victoriously, Midori would have to engage in a contest of physical combat.

Her weapons in such a clash would be her mystic lifeblood, her Prima Materia prowess, and her mastery of weaponry. Prima Materia - Master of Arms - was Midori's unique form of the universal force granted to Soul-evolved humans, a specific twist.

It is unique in that it is focused on weapon creation in its purest form, each detail of each weapon was scrupulous and each weapon was created with a mystical nature true to their legend. She was even fond of creating her own weapons, considering herself a blacksmith in that respect.

Lifting her hand towards the sky, Midori decided that the best course of action was to utilize this skill alongside her natural abilities. Sol would not bear any fruit against one who could use her solar energy against her.

No matter how divine or conceptual her solar energy was, it was nevertheless a form of light and so far, the light seemed to be useless against Ulv. Within her palm formed a mighty sword that had been granted to her as a gift for her trials endured in hell.

Sword of Goujian - Time Defier, a sword whose durability stood the test of time and whose glimmer had never once faded. A Jian-sword housed within China, Midori never did truly ever know how it ended up within the hands of a demon but that was trivial. Pointing the sword towards Ulv, Midori offered a challenge she was sure someone of Ulv's caliber would not pass up.

"Weapon versus fist. Mastery pitted against Mastery. As it stands now if I continued to utilize Sol against you, I would be defeated in short order. If you cannot understand me through my words, let us converse through our martial prowess... "

Would she accept the challenge? Midori was overwhelmingly confident she would. She just felt this to be the necessary course of action.

Last edited by Iori[Chronos] on Mon 15 Apr 2019, 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun 14 Apr 2019, 8:10 am

"Na, the annoying people was my own personal addition" Ulv cracked a grin. Battlefield banter was a tradition she was not going to break. "And besides, you need to go see Shadin, and Shadin needs to see you. It disappoints me he was not your first intention" Ulv then switched tracks to a more serious point, and stared at Midori. She did some,magic stuff to the light, Ulv was never good at that sort of thing. Neither using nor understanding, most of her Cero came from Hvit's guidance. Whatever she did reflected the light away from her, and then she came to the conclusion that Ulv basically noselled a major part of her powers.

Then, to surprise everyone, she pulled out Goujian. Han Ti Tsu's blade, the most formidably durable weapon in all of Wulin. It sat with Sky-Piercer and a third, redacted blade as one of the best swords ever made.
"Full of tricks, huh? Pulling out Goujian of all things..." Ulv shook her head, and the black dress had sulphur yellow lines crawl up it, glowing with power. "But if that is what you want, then come on. Let us see this conviction you have in your new course of life"

Dropping into a stance that would favour her legs, Ulv prepared her Re-Taekwando for a fight, challenging Reiatsu across her body to reinforce it below the empowered dress she was wearing. That sword wasn't anything to mess around with.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon 15 Apr 2019, 5:42 am

THE REMORSELESS HEROINE

MIDORI Sugiura

Gazing at Ulv as she uttered the name of the legendary sword within her hand, Midori found herself impressed as she raised an eyebrow with piqued interest very clear in her golden orbs. To add to the growing intrigue held for this woman, she uttered Shadin's name as if she was familiar with him. No doubt, to a degree, anyone living in this era should know Shadin Yuudeshi. He was the Beast of Karakura, a true legend and heroic soul who has protected his realm for countless years. Thinking back to an earlier sequence before they initiated this duel, Ulv had stated that they were indeed strangers and the only remnant of Mirja was through memory.

Did that mean that Shadin and Mirja had crossed paths? Had Shadin been his flirtatious self of old, Midori would've questioned the woman of a past fling... but no, the woman known as Mirja Eeola was a phantasm. A flicker of light that appeared within her life and disappeared just as quickly. A shooting star in the form of a woman.

Though her stubborn pride would never openly admit it, she did not detest Mirja. In your lifetime, she thought, you would be hard pressed to find those who would lend their hand to you in kindness without nothing in return.

She could spit in Ulv's face for a millennium and yet none of that would ever change... how much of a friend the woman had been to her when she felt like throwing her life away. Nor how she felt.

Even so, in her mind, as of now, sentimentality has no place here. She wanted to impose her will on Ulv; reminiscing was not what she desired at the moment.

"Goujian was a weapon granted to me after I had endured four trials under a Danava Demon in the underworld. I am told it is a powerful weapon with a mystical nature I truly have yet to grasp. Cutting into your flesh would be a nice path to that discovery... "

As Ulv entered another battle stance, Midori entered a stance of her own, slowly sliding forward towards Ulv with her right foot. Holding Goujian in an outward motion with her right hand, Midori flashed towards Ulv like a bolt of lightning, shortening the distance between them in an instant.

As a warrior who has honed their physical attributes to that of a legend, Midori was imperceptibly fast, possessing innate agility far beyond the realm of superhuman.

true nature of her speed lay in precision and efficiency, in the execution of her strikes. Her intent and philosophy in battle was always "no wasted movement."

Each strike with any of her weapons had to be precise and pinpoint the vitals. Flashing towards Ulv in that instant, Midori executed a succession of sword strikes, all within a single breath.

It barely seemed as though even a second had passed and yet here she was, creating imperceptible arcs of steel that flashed through the air, intending to cut her until she was immobilized. Each strike of her weapon seemed to overlap, one turned into five, five turned into ten, ten turning one-hundred, each targeting a vital part of the Ulv's body.

The neck, the throat, the thighs, legs, and any other part of the body that would serve to incapacitate her. Goujian was resilient enough to withstand Ulv's physical might in the sense that it would not easily be shattered as her swords were before, and the intention and hope were that it would be strong enough to cut through her flesh if her sword happened to land a successful blow... Ulv was full of surprises, so although she had surrendered defense in favor of offense, Midori would rely on Aionios to heal any wound that might occur if Ulv executed a successful counterattack.

Last edited by Iori[Chronos] on Tue 16 Apr 2019, 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon 15 Apr 2019, 6:57 am

Midori was imperceptibly fast, and Ulv...percepted it. While among the slowest of the people at her echelon, Ulv's prowess laid within her reactionary speed, her reflexes and stationary motion. The incoming sword was fast, and Goujian would not break if Radioactive used it to his full strength, so that idea was out. Instead, she would have to end this fight a different way. She struck out and focused on speed rather than strength, to deliver a hundred imperceptible blows - that Ulv percepted - that lacked true power to puncture Ulv's dress. It was solidified reiatsu, reinforced by Hvit's reiatsu to make a formidable bulwark that Midori would have to expend a fair amount of energy to penetrate.

Still, Ulv was going to keep that one a secret and instead focus on the attack. Her hands blurred, and the incoming strikes clanged against her golden gauntlets, each blow being sent off course to harmlessly cut the air. And, in secret, Ulv hit the blade to send subtle vibrations down it to the handle. There wouldn't be anything noticeable at first, but it would wear and exhaust her hands, making her grip slowly weaker.
"Mmm, interesting. But this path to cutting my flesh is the eightfold path of suffering, do you think you can handle it?" she then smiled and retained her defensive posture, because she wasn't actually going to hit Midori. That wouldn't be enough of a blow to her pride.

"Hardship one: Futility. Your actions seem to have no effect on the obstacle in your path"

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue 16 Apr 2019, 3:15 pm

THE REMORSELESS HEROINE

MIDORI Sugiura

To no one's surprise, not a single one of Midori's successive strikes had left significant damage on Ulv, not even a dent in the armor. In truth, Midori was not expecting to fell such an indomitable force with one strike, let alone one-hundred. To expect that such a formidable warrior would fall so easily would be to expect world peace between all of the factions of the realms.

As Goujian's path was deflected during the engagement - the blade still remained resilient. Foolish warriors gifted with such a weapon may have concluded that the sword was useless.

Midori knew that none of her attacks had succeeded. She was no further in striking her down than when she unleashed her volley of arrows in the first engagement. To be certain, Midori was not very familiar with Goujian. There were abilities she was certain she could ascertain and it was truly legendary amongst all things for possessing an otherworldly resiliency. It was not only the sword that defied time but a sword with an unbreakable will.

Even though she was a prideful warrior, she took pride in all forms of weapons. If she had ever made the decision to retire from battle, she would pursue the path of a blacksmith. She possessed a love for all forms of weapons.

Swords, Axes, Bow and Arrow, weapons of medieval and feudal design, mystical... she admired the form of all. Why, dare say, in another lifetime, she may have even welcomed being a weapon herself to a master who cherished her. Which was why when all of her strikes were deflected... her killing intent and poise did not waver. She had not noticed that during the engagement, Ulv deftly added vibrations through her blade. She paid it no mind as that was typical when steel clashed against steel.

"The Eightfold Path of Suffering? No, the multifold path of suffering is hearing that pompous mouth of yours continue to annoy me. I take pride in all weapons and the martial prowess that they require to be wielded properly. Even though Goujian has yet to cut you, no warrior possesses an impenetrable defense. You may be the obstacle in my path but I have faced far worse!"

Speed and precision did not rule in Midori's favor when it came to striking Ulv. Wielding the blade in a two-handed stance - facing Ulv once more - she stood before her and charged at her once again. Whereas her first strikes were meant as a form of feeling out the mighty warrior, these were meant to impose her will, to express her emotion through the blade.

To add even more striking power, Midori held her Anima stone within the sleeve of her dress and thus initiated her manipulation of Kinetic energy around not only her body but the blade.

Each strike would be increased in mass and velocity if they landed upon Ulv successfully. Whereas before she unleashed a series of strikes, each sword was more comparable to a swing. Through her personal utilization of Kinetic energy, Midori could effectively enhance the concussive force of her strikes, executing devastating palm thrusts(if fighting bare-handed) that can absolutely disorient the enemy or precise yet powerful sword strikes that would damage the opponent and landscape.

She could even delve into manipulating the velocity of an enemy's attack or affecting its trajectory, completely sending it off course. No doubt, Midori possessed all form of intent to strike her. Even if she suffered a loss, her aim was to strike this woman and cut through her flesh. One strike to recognize the pain and how she could never understand any of it. The words spoken from before as if she were some teenage girl who lost her path in life; A child who could not understand the battlefield, of the impact the woman from before held in her life. She despised how certain this woman was of herself.

She did not know suffering! Despair so relentless that willpower was an afterthought. Every time she recalled the conversation from earlier, she could not help but find herself angered by her words.

Last edited by Iori[Chronos] on Tue 16 Apr 2019, 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue 16 Apr 2019, 3:38 pm

Ulv wondered what was driving her so much that she would push this hard against Ulv's attempts to help her. Still, this wasn't something she was going to be able to handle until she was on her knees. And with the energy that the two possessed, that would be quite a while. Though Ulv had the advantage in scale, and was acting in her own defence to conserve as much energy as she could, the hollow energy in her dress was not infinite, though it might seem that way to those that faced her base level Hollow mask.

Ulv remained defensive, each blow that came to her was parried,with surprisingly superior strength to the last bout, and formidably greater strength to the start of this encounter. Then, there was a hole in her defence, and Midori could slip through it. Though if it was a bait or not, probably didn't occur to the angered mind of Midori, and a strike would finally clash against Ulv. And the feeling would be like a mountain of diamonds. Though she lacked the true 'Mask Protection' of Vizards, Ulv could amplify her reiatsu with Hvit's own immense power to create a mighty reiatsu buffer to protect herself.

And then, striking valiantly but futily, Ulv shifted backwards and the defensive pose was re-erected.
"Hardship Two: Despondency. A victory hard-earned suddenly becomes meaningless as the sands shift"

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue 16 Apr 2019, 5:25 pm

THE REMORSELESS HEROINE

MIDORI Sugiura

There was no relent in any swing of Goujian, as the blade continued its onslaught of slashes against the armor. Each arc of the blade that was deflected or evaded was an afterthought to Midori. Composure was never an issue to her on the battlefield. She was a warrior worth a thousand in that regard. Strategy and battle theory were mastered in her mind to the realm of godhood. A war would never be in doubt when she was an ally... and yet none of that was present here. Each swing was filled with anger, with ever-increasing Kinetic energy, with anguish... if Ulv's intention was to anger her.

The seeds had already been planted at the outset of the battle. Shameful that in her heart of pride she could not truly realize that perhaps Ulv's underlying intent was to help her.

To anyone else, reuniting with their beloved other would be welcomed with acceptance and excitement. However, to Midori, deep within her mind, nothing but the reminder of despair and defeat arose within her heart. There was no indication that her husband would even want to see her - if he would recognize the woman he fell in love with.

She had never truly abandoned him but she had grown distant, allowing him to focus on nothing but protecting the city and the world he loved. Those days laying in a bed where you could hardly move a muscle was an unspeakable hell that would never truly be understood.

Defeats was always a possibility as a warrior but what happens when such a defeat comes with the cost of loss? The battle against Kin had shaken her far beyond anything she would ever admit. Her sister was in a Coma, fighting her own undetermined battle...

"Midori... What has happened to you? You were so vibrant and loving once. Even though you were covered in the grim of life, we cleaned that off and you were going to get back into your life. And yet now here you stand. Covered in flecks of Hell, and with such a remorseless heart in your chest. Where did this all come from?

Stop lying

Now, let's see if you have learned anything while you were hiding from your problems in Hell

Each word was a knife that tore into wounds that never truly healed. In her mind, Ulv could never truly understand her. Her original self - Mirja - died and the essence of that person lived on in a new body forged by others. She could never understand! The remorseless heroine was now fighting a battle in her mind. Those words were more of a stain on her pride than any failure to strike her. She did not wish to admit that she could never reach the heights of Shadin Yuudeshi or even her sister. She would always be a weak woman who could not properly defend the people she loved. Thus, when faced with someone so self-assured, she could not help but bestow upon her those same emotions.

Her Kinetic energy would eventually run out. There was always a time period where it could not be overused... and yet such a limit was not occurring to her right now. As Midori finally landed a strike - which once again seemed to do nothing - Ulv shifted backward and resumed a defensive stance... once again there was no result. She still remained strong and once again spoke of a hardship.

"What are you even going on about!? Ever since you've met me... all you've ever done is treat me as though I'm some child or student who is failing to learn a lesson! You talk about how I was vibrant and loving... as if you know me! Kindness and love have no place on the battlefield! Mercy is unforgivable! "

To this point, Midori could not tell if she was talking to a mirror or Ulv herself... once more she took another offensive stance, placing the sword in a position against her hips. Utilizing her Anima stone to manipulate the environment, her intent was to add more relentless force to Goujian. Swinging the sword around in continual motion had generated a small tornado around the blade, with each gust of wind being added around Goujian.

Powerful Winds were sweeping across the battlefield, against the trees, and Midori paid no heed to any of it. Due to Midori's familiarity with the wind, she could generate such a phenomenon because of it. In addition, when striking with her own force, she could generate shockwaves that could overlap and completely overwhelm the opponent. If Ulv could see through each gust of wind, she would probably perceive that a small tear formed within Midori's eye.

"I'll never let anyone defeat me again! I won't lose! I'll be better this time! And I won't let you get in my way! "

Whereas before, her execution of relentless strikes was filled with Kinetic energy... Flying towards Ulv and swinging her blade down would now release powerful shockwaves - which - when combined with the velocity of Kinetic energy could prove to be a formidable attack in repeat. Even so, Midori's mind no longer held any poise. Anguish was all that was tormenting her mind as she unleashed strike upon strike upon Ulv.

She was the Bulwark. She was an obstacle and a reminder of how weak Midori truly felt in spite of possessing so much strength...

Last edited by Iori[Chronos] on Sun 21 Apr 2019, 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum