Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Gaggle of Sicilian's [Vanetti's] Left_bar_bleue7900/999999A Gaggle of Sicilian's [Vanetti's] Empty_bar_bleue  (7900/999999)
Tiers:

A Gaggle of Sicilian's [Vanetti's] Empty A Gaggle of Sicilian's [Vanetti's]

Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:51 am
A Gaggle of Sicilian's [Vanetti's] Kind-of-the-same

CRAZY VANETTI

Ah, home. Or well, her new home now. It could do without the Welcome Back party though.

Following the death of her mother, Imelda didn't see a reason to stay in Korea where she knew people but didn't have a plan, whereas her father had reached out to her and invited her back to Italy for whatever reason. Maybe he missed his little girl or maybe he just wanted to use her. Either way, Imelda didn't trust it but she didn't really have a choice. The only person that she's known to defy her father and get away otherwise unscathed was Pak.

And look how well that turned out.

Anyways, it didn't matter now since Imelda was currently sitting in the living room of the Vanetti household, surrounded by people that barely knew her. Luca, like normal, was nowhere to be seen. He invited her but didn't even have the gall to pick her up from the airport, that task having been allocated to Cousin Dom. The two of them actually had a fun conversation on the way back, catching up on the in and outs of the family. Like, for instance, Fabius's kids were currently pestering the hell out of her as she was trying to watch get to know everybody else. They had a tendency to keep touching her and bombarded her with nonstop questions. The fact that Imelda hasn't snapped yet was a miracle. First impressions were important and it wouldn't look good for her if she just started yelling at some kids in front of people that barely knew her.

That aside, she's was one of the few sober people at the party, waiting until she met with her sister.

"Hey! Anyone seen Bella?" There were so many people that Imelda wondered if anyone ever heard her.

END POST | FAMILY FEUD?

A Gaggle of Sicilian's [Vanetti's] Sumera-character-list
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Gaggle of Sicilian's [Vanetti's] Left_bar_bleue74095/100000A Gaggle of Sicilian's [Vanetti's] Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

A Gaggle of Sicilian's [Vanetti's] Empty Re: A Gaggle of Sicilian's [Vanetti's]

Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:36 pm
isabella

"She had to come fashionably late, soru."

Straight through the open front door, with all the grandeur you'd expect of the Principessa di Vanetti. Isabella gave her purse over to one of the guards that opened the way for her. They might not be in the grandest of circumstances, but surely the great Vanettis had enough bearing and decorum to maintain their security.

Isabella shooed her nephews and nieces off, away from the seat so that she could sit beside her sister. They scowled a bit in response, but listened nonetheless. She leaned forward to touch her sister, cheek to cheek, on both sides.

"Your italian's better than I thought it'd be!"

The kids, still just as interested in the newcomer, practically climbed over each other--and Isabella--to be nearer to Imelda.

"Tsk, Fabio! Have your munchkins give my sister some space! Porca Va--"

"Ey! Watch your mouth!"

"Vaffanculo."

The present family threw complaints, insults, and an assorted collage of angry curses. In the end, Fabius herded his kids to the back, but was sure to ask along the way if anybody wanted anything from the kitchen.

"Uhh, yeah, gimme a cola. Anyways, how're you, Imelda? You get back okay? No trouble along the way, right?"

S_E CUSTOM TEMPLATE

Last edited by Sage on Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

A Gaggle of Sicilian's [Vanetti's] 8Bvy1N8

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Gaggle of Sicilian's [Vanetti's] Left_bar_bleue7900/999999A Gaggle of Sicilian's [Vanetti's] Empty_bar_bleue  (7900/999999)
Tiers:

Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:25 pm

CRAZY VANETTI

For a moment, Imelda gave her sister a very skeptical look as she asked about how her trip was. It was the kind of look that conveyed "what do you think". Isabella was no stranger to the fact that Imelda held a dislike for their father, mainly for just being an unreliable human being when it came to his kids but is fine with literally everything else. But quickly the facade was dropped and Imelda burst out laughing, finding it hard to take her sister seriously. It was something about being next to her that kind of just washed away all of her worries, her only confidant.

"Of course it's still fine. Ish." There was still an odd korean accent to her speak. "Man, there were way more people her than I remember." Her finger scanned across across the room, landing on the kids, cousins she's never met before, and generally just people that probably didn't know she existed yet were here for her return party. Vanetti's are nothing if not a loyal family, she'll give 'em that.

Jokingly, she looked back at Isabella. "Wait. Don't tell me you got a kid too now. I still can't believe Fabius has kids the CHARMLESS PRICK!" Fabius looked over and just rubbed the back of his fingers up his throat to his chin, flicking his hand in direction of the sisters. "Oh..." Quieter now. "And who the fuck named those kids? Charyb-Char-Charry? The fuck?"

END POST | FAMILY FEUD?

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Gaggle of Sicilian's [Vanetti's] Left_bar_bleue74095/100000A Gaggle of Sicilian's [Vanetti's] Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:07 am
isabella

"Don't worry 'bout him."

Isabella could see the discouragement on Imelda's face, so she reckoned the girl needed some encouragement. Call it the big sister's instinct. Fabius surely didn't mind, either, it was just the culture of their family. The comment on their niece, however, was perhaps a bit out of pocket. As soon as Imelda said that, Isabella interrupted, "--Ohhhhhhh, wow! I love your earrings! How many piercings is that? Come, come, over here for better lighting."

She took her sister by the hand and brought her over to the other well lit room, with a bit more privacy, and a big mirror on the wall. The rest of the family, implicitly understanding the decision, carried on in their discussions.

While she was genuinely interested in the earrings, for a moment Isabella held her sister at her shoulders, just to get a good look at her. To see the features on her face, as if to interpret the life she had been living until then.

"Mmm..." From there, she pulled Imelda into an embrace. "It must've been hard, huh?"

She held her for a good while.

"Welcome home, sister."

S_E CUSTOM TEMPLATE

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:52 pm

CRAZY VANETTI

And Imelda was none the wiser to what was happening. Honestly, she didn't see the problem with what she said, but also again she didn't know there was a problem to begin with. Just familial banter. The sudden shift change to her earrings was jarring and rose suspicion, though Imelda had way to many things on her mind to really take the time to bring up the fact. So instead she followed her sister, oblivious to what the rest of the family was thinking. Though, it was odd that she was being stolen away from her own party but whatever.

"How many? There's three on my right, two on my left. Each one's got a story-" She was going to point at her ear but was instead interrupted by the sudden hug from her older sister. It was jarring, something that was basically unknown to Imelda. On reflex she broke out of the hug, worming away from her sister. "Sorry, just-- I don't like being touched. Especially out of nowhere like that." There was pause, as Imelda had to think of what to say next. It's not often that she just turns down family, but then again she used to only have one family member.

"It doesn't feel like home. I'm in a place nearly foreign to me, surrounded by people I don't know, and was called here by a man I haven't seen in over a decade. You know I love you Bella, but I don't even know if the others remembered I existed or not." At the end of her sentence her shoulders rose into a shrug.

"Its nice and all but I don't know if I'll stay after we bury Ma. Unless he needs me to do something." The he was pretty vague but anyone who was following along could discern that she meant Luca. From a person she didn't like, he sure did live rent free in her mind.

END POST | FAMILY FEUD?

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:10 pm
isabella

She was just a bit saddened by the response, but Isabella did her best to understand. Being expressive like this, emotionally, came easily to her, especially with her family; but, that was by and large because she had so much family around her to develop like so. Imelda hadn't been so blessed. Maybe in her life, having a lot of personal space--something you usually didn't have any of in the Vanetti family--was just what she was used to.

"Va bene, these things take time."

Bella wore a reassuring smile. She was fine with waiting for her sister to warm up.

"Have no doubts, though; those who could remember you, remember you. Even if you don't quite feel like it, you're family. You're a bonafide Vanetti; you always have been, and you always will be."

For the time being, Isabella danced around the mentions of their father. It was an awkward dynamic, to be sure, but she respected the distance, and whatever was underlying, that Imelda had for him.

'Well, after her funeral, what would you like to do? Do you have any plans for anything?"

S_E CUSTOM TEMPLATE

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:18 pm

CRAZY VANETTI

Oh yeah, afterwards. To be honest, Imelda was so caught up in herself and reality that she forgot about what she wanted to do after. "I don't know actually." The master of plans didn't have one. Those back in Korea who knew of Imelda would both be appalled but find it hilarious. She did have unfinished business back in Korea, though that was something that could be postponed. Yeah sure the world was falling apart, but it was going to be a while before it was irrecoverable. Not only that, she's made as many enemies as friends in her line of work.

"I guess I can stay here, if they let me. It's gonna be a bit hard for work so I might have to do a back and forth for the next month or so but I can use the contacts. Especially if the families are still operating. Everybody always wants something so who am I to deny them?" A light chuckle followed this mini-speech. It was basically Imelda's slogan, as cheap as it was. The whole soldier thing wasn't really something she vibed with now that she was an adult, but at the same time deep down in her heart she still craved the violence.

"Speaking of which, how's the war hit y'all? It wasn't that crazy over in Korea but then again we weren't really touched either."

END POST | FAMILY FEUD?

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:44 pm
isabella

"Oh? Contacts?"

Isabella flashed a mischievous smile. From her comforting, sisterly love, and back to the aura of regal confidence, and a conniving face. She backed up to sit on another couch, leaning into the seat with her legs crossed.

"So you got pretty busy in Korea, huh? Did you get your own little Nostra running over there?"

In more ways than one, she was pleased to hear that her sister had investments into the family's line of work, all of her own volition. And then, the mention of the war.

Isabella withheld herself.

"The war, huh? Ahh... You know, this and that, went through some tough times but it's all good now. Mangia bene, ridi spesso, ama molto."

In reality, the war was rough. Not just on the family, but all of Italy. The Cosa Nostra itself was defunct. The memories of running across the streets, hiding in dingy corners, hoping and praying that their ends wouldn't be met as mere collateral damage. It was frustrating, humiliating even. Isabella vowed never to find herself in such a position ever again. But those were her burdens, and not something she wanted her sister to worry over.

"I'll tell you what, though; the end of the war, means the beginning of new opportunities. If you're going to stay here in the meantime--and you're always welcome too--I could use your help. We could use your help."

S_E CUSTOM TEMPLATE

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:22 pm

CRAZY VANETTI

"Oh I wouldn't exactly call it being busy. I just took the opportunities as they came to me. The people I ran with ended up either good or bad and I just kinda sat in the middle. One day someone askes me to move some stuff for him, then another, and another. Eventually people just ended up coming to me for shit and I ended up knowing people who can get it for em'." It really was just a story full of coincidences, one that Imelda was somewhat grateful for. Her job has been a pain in the ass sometimes dealing with some unwanted clients, but other times it was a blessing and earns her some friends in high places.

"Oh? I'm always a fan of new opportunities. I'm no stranger to helping people, and since you're family maybe I'll even give you a discount. So, what's up then?" Normally an opportunity means that Imelda can make some money, gain some power, or generally learn something new. In any of those cases, she comes out a winner.

And oh boy, does she like to win.

END POST | FAMILY FEUD?

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:34 pm
isabella

"What do I need help with? Well..."

Isabella pointed up, towards the sky.

"I'm going all the way up."

She stretched out her arms, with her hands in front of her, colouring her words expressively with hand movements.

"Nonno's still the boss of the family, and he's interested in, say, reacquiring some of the family's glory. But, the person that contributed the most to that in a long while, Papa, has lost some of his drive."

Isabella shrugged her shoulders. He was relevant to mention, but she made sure not to say much more about him than that.

"That's okay, though. It's about time there's a new generation at the forefront of Sicily. The Cosa Nostra died out when Shadow Fall came, and now that they're gone? I think it's time for Cosa Nuova.

'Course, there's gonna be some competition, some difficulties ahead. We've already had our ears out--Fabio didn't come by just to see you. Ah, he did come to see you though, no worries. Brought his little dwarfs with him, too."
Isabella flashed playful scowl.

"There was some info to share that he recently got ahold of. The Salvos are eyeing the current gap in some markets. Open space means opportunity, and I intend to seize it. So? You interested in conquering Sicily?"

S_E CUSTOM TEMPLATE

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum