Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue174500/99999I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (174500/99999)
Tiers:

I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 3 Empty Re: I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana]

Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:22 am

Solhammond Palliser | GROWTH

He manages to wrestle the fish into submission, pulling it out of the water, to reveal a fish that might fit in both his hands. Which meant it was rather large, impressively so. Not the largest he saw but certainly a surprise. As he got it onto the boat he’d quickly place the rod down, going to pick up and remove the hook from its mouth. As he held the fish up, his thumb and index would be pinching the corner of its mouth as he held it to the air.

As he held it up they could fully see the unique fish. He hadn’t ever seen one like it on Earth, which to be fair meant it could exist in the living realm. His experience was mostly to local fish, but this one held an almost… ethereal quality to it. A light shine to it’s golden-red scales, looking vaguely something akin to a bass and koi-fish. A beautiful yet ugly monstrosity that was glowing. By the look on Sol’s face, which was a vague smile but confused look he’d turn to Liana.

“Uh… it’s, bigger than my usual catches. But I’ve no idea what this fish is. Kinda… cute. Not really.” He’d chuckle as he allowed her to examine the fish, it’s gills flexing as Sol went to hold it with both hands. "Wanna hold it?" He'd inquire, holding it out to her.

END POST | WHITE KNUCKLE BRAWLER

I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 3 JfH75kA
I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 3 H8Tyk70
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue74095/100000I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 3 Empty Re: I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana]

Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:39 am

LIANA UNOHANA

The fish looked large to her, but Liana's more common understanding of fish was the one cooked and served on the table--and usually, if they came from a creature this size, it was just a piece. Still, she applauded the successful catch nonetheless, and frankly, a fish of any size would've impressed her. It was the first one of the day, and the first one she had seen caught live, after all.

"Oh, may I?"

Gratefully, Liana took the fish into her hands. The creature squirmed a bit, but Liana wasn't one to be squeamish. In fact, without much effort exerted Liana was able to keep the animal held still. It was her gift at birth, this innate strength.

"I'm not sure about cute. Oh, but I do think that this creature is magnificent. Its scales are beautiful..."

Liana moved her head around, peeking all around the body curiously to get a good look at it. The thought of her zanpakuto spirits came to mind, actually, though a tinge of dissatisfied excitement rung out in her head in defiance. Clearly, they didn't agree.

"Here you go. What do you usually do when you catch the fish? Cook it, I presume? I've never seen one cooked this big before."

Just as Liana passed the fish back, her own pole began to vibrate.

"? O-oh! I think I caught one? What do I do now?"

END POST | THE BLOOD MOON

I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 3 8Bvy1N8

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue174500/99999I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (174500/99999)
Tiers:

Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:59 am

When she passed the fish back to Solhammond he was about to speak, before her pole began to vibrate. His eyes snapped to it as he went to her side, prepared to coach her through it. He’d place it in the boat, it flapped around a bit but nothing he wouldn’t mind too much. Instead his attention was drawn to her, as he stared out at where her line was.

“Alright quick like I did, pull up on the rod and reel it in a bit. Take control, but not muscle it.” He’d caution as his hand came to rest on her shoulder, his other one making slight motions mimicking what he meant. He was very attentive, and seemed to be into coaching her through it. Provided she listened to his commands, and managed to do them well enough he’d help with the next part.

“Alright, once you think you got that hook in, it’s just a matter of reeling it in. Knowing when to hold the line and let the fish tire out, when to pull on the rod, when to reel. Listen to your instincts, think of it like… a dance of sorts.” He’d suggest, before chuckling a bit. “You do know how to dance, right?” He’d tease lightly, as his eyes focused on the fish which she would hopefully conquer.

“You got this.”

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue74095/100000I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:31 am

LIANA UNOHANA

Her eyes were keen on the rod. Just as he said, a controlled reel. Like a dance.

The rod tugged, Liana answered in kind and moderated her strength in kind. A pull, back and forth, every pull of hers drawing the catch just a little closer in. Just a little bit of the line, reeled in at a time. With Solhammond's guidance, Liana managed to pull the fish in with half the line remaining. However, just as she did one last tug, the line rapidly strained with tension. It pulled, and in quick adjustment, Liana went so far as to strengthen the line with her reiryoku.

The reinforcement did its job, and the line refused to snap. For a moment, it would've been an opportunity to sigh in relief and continue on, but the pull refused to let up. Whatever took her bait, it was strong. So much so, she had to slam her feet on the side of the boat, using her weight to hold.

"Is this usually how strong the fish are??"

Liana couldn't recall Solhammond needing to reinforce his line with his spiritual energy. In fact, it seemed relatively easy, a small struggle to gracefully reel his fish in. It didn't seem like just the difference of expertise and experience between them that was making their catches seem so different.

The fish tugged so hard, the boat was pulled forward, threatening to capsize.

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:49 am

He had a feeling things weren't quite going to plan. And that was very much evident from the strain Liana was under, even if he hadn’t noticed her strengthening the line he certainly knew it once she planted herself. While he was confident in this boat to handle their lake adventure, he was not confident in their ability to not capsize it.

“No! Crap!”

He’d shout as he got to his feet while the boat violently shifted from the tussle they underwent, as if she had a shark or something. Which was impossible. He thinks that at least. In the soul society who fuckin’ knew what was going on. With that being said he needed to make some quick thinking, he’d release her shoulder as he got to feet. Well, scrambled.

As he did so he’d get behind her, pausing for a moment. “We’re about to capsize, just, lean forward.” He’d comment as he planted his feet on the other side of the boat, his arms going to wrap around her midsection. With him pulling backwards, and her strong enough to pull against his arms with her feet balanced the forces should even out. Normally this might be impossible for normal people, but considering their relative levels of strength this was not the case.

His only worry was the boat holding up as he heard a creak of wood under them.

“Boat might give out, what the hell did you get??”

His voice was both excited, a bit worried.

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:05 am

LIANA UNOHANA

Given the lack of normality to the situation, Liana took things more seriously. It was a scenario evidently not in either of their hands. The captain formed a semi-bubble beneath the boat to support its structure, while Solhammond grabbed onto her to counterbalance the force of the pulling fish. Still, his worries were confirmed, and the wood of their vessel creaked and cracked under the pressure.

Straight through the planks, Liana's feet punctured through to stand directly on the semi-bubble platform of her energy. She had faith that Solhammond was agile enough to adapt to the situation.

A semi-bubble didn't seem to be enough. The platform closed in shape, forming a full sphere surrounding the two of them, with only the fishing line puncturing through still reinforced. Liana felt confident that, if she really needed, she could pull the entirety of the creature from the depths. With her strength, she could carry much larger. That said, it had the risk of simply losing the catch and pulling the line straight from its maws forcefully, or injuring the catch and having it let go of the line, still losing the catch. For her first ever time fishing, perhaps it was unreasonably stubborn, but Liana didn't want to give up so soon.

Instead, still trying to wrestle with the line with grace, a pull and a give in cadence. The bubble sank straight into the water to balance the struggle. The two of them, submerged, could finally get a glimpse of the haul.

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:24 am

She was right, that he was in fact, able to adapt to the situation. His method of adapting was basically to just get closer to Liana as the platform she made caused his mouth to open in slack jaw’d amazement. He hadn’t forgotten persay how much of a kido expert she was, but that did not stop him from being impressed she was doing this WHILE fishing the biggest catch ever.

As he looked around underwater now, his arms still her waist, he’d finally close his mouth.

“Does… does this mean the fish caught us?” He’d inquire with a half-hearted laugh that showcased his worry, as they sunk under water. The line that was in it’s mouth lead to them being brought deeper under water in the bubble. Oh no. Oh no no no no. There was a visible tightening of Sol’s arms around her, as his head turned around rapidly.

“Uh, Liana, what’s the plan here- I- oh boy.” He’d hiss through clenched teeth. This was very clearly the sign of a man in minor distress trying his best to remain calm, but it appeared something was ‘triggering’ the man to a degree. He’d let out a deep breath.

“C-can’t really offer advice here…”

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:49 am

LIANA UNOHANA

Liana couldn't help but let out a brief chuckle.

"Yes, I suppose this does mean the fish caught us."

She could sense the nerves of Solhammond growing tense, a tremor in his voice as he spoke and the tightening of his hold over her waist. In response, reiatsu flared gently to encompass him, the effects of the Hand of the Redeemer possessing an aura of soothing calmness. Hopefully, that would help him out here. Though, Liana admittedly felt curious towards why he seemed particularly agitated. Even when they sparred, Solhammond didn't seem so perturbed.

"The plan? I suppose... It's to succeed in the catch?"

As she spoke, the enormous koi proceeded to pull them deeper and deeper into the waters. The visibility of their surroundings faded out into a pitch black darkness. It couldn't be felt due to the strength of the sphere, and Liana keeping her balance as she held onto her fishing rod, but the speed of their descent was blindingly quick.

At a point, through the vibrations of her rod, Liana felt that their descent ceased. In fact, the fish stopped pulling altogether. Liana took that opportunity to slowly reel the catch in, but it remained a struggle. Even worse, she couldn't make out much around her--given the total darkness--so her only means of ascertaining the fish's position was how much of the line she reeled in.

"Palliser-san, what do I do if the fish is no longer pulling, but it refuses to budge? Can I just tug hard, and it will follow? The line still feels quite tense."

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:07 am

Well frankly, this was absolutely awful.

The only thing keeping Solhammond from having what one might call a panic attack was that spell Liana had casted, calming his nerves. Although it could only do so much when faced with the vast blackness of the lake, his eyes peering into the darkness which in turn stared back. She would feel his body grow tense once again as a shiver ran down his spine, clearing his throat.

“To… be honest here… I’ve never dealt with this. Fish are not this big, that I catch.” He’d remark as he swallowed lightly, before stealing his nerves. Although his speaking was controlled, she might never know the supreme act of will power he was currently performing. His eyes scan the darkness for any sign of the fish, but only able to glimpse the string poking out from the bubble.

“If the fish won’t budge, then you gotta reel it in hard. Line would usually snap at this point so… you must be doing something to keep it from snapping?” He’d surmise slowly, before tilting his head upwards. “We should get on land, if you want this bad boy, then we gotta pull it ashore. Maybe spear it with something?”

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:00 am

LIANA UNOHANA

From fishing rod fishing, to spear fishing. What an exciting venture, this fishing trip turned out to be. Just as Solhammond instructed, Liana finally exerted the enormity of her strength, yanking the rod back and maintaining the strength of the string. Now that they had a good look, a good idea of the leviathan of a creature they were dealing with, she felt more confident that really yanking it out wouldn't be a problem.

On one hand, she was right. The creature beckoned forth, the slight illumination of the reiryoku bubble surrounding the two revealing just the slightest peak at the monster.

"Wow...."

For the moment, Liana couldn't help but pause in awe. It was huge, its own eyeball larger than Solhammond's full height. Or at least, what she assumed was its eyeball. Curiously, it had a reflectiveness to it, such that the light from her bubble made the eyes and its forehead shine. There was a deepness to the creature, that harboured a well of spiritual energy Liana could not fully discern in the small moment of mutual pause.

The fish only stared back for a few moments, then rushing off again, in speeds such that it practically shunpo'd in the water.

The sudden inertia of the movement had Liana lose her balance, and likely Solhammond behind her, pushing the two of them into the wall of the bubble. Of course, Liana's grip remained on the rod, and they followed after.

Finally, after all this tension, after all the effort Liana put in to maintain it, the line snapped. It was shocking to her personally, because by extension it meant that the reinforcement of her spiritual energy was broken as well.

At least this time, where the lost its inertia and stopped, the pair was not surrounded by pure darkness.

"It's a bit uncomfortable, if you could get off me, Palliser-san?"

Presuming he obliged, Liana could finally get back up to really see what they were looking at. She checked back to make sure he was okay, ready to once more use the Hands of the Redeemer to soothe him.Like an entire expanse of an underwater cavern, the jagged rocks and walls shined brightly with what seemed to be bioluminescent creatures, perhaps algae or bacteria of some sort. The speckled glows illuminated the surroundings, like a sky of stars around them--just, underwater.

Liana paused for some time, not simply to take in the the sights--though she did find herself fascinated in its majesty--but to tactically understand the area. A burst of her reiatsu flew out, bouncing along the walls of the cavern like a sonar. Her energy passed on into a number of openings, caves, tunnels, but no agreeable results to be had.

A number of small shikigami were summoned, transparent phantom-like fish with a soft lavender hue to them racing about the waters. It would take some time for them to scour the area.

She turned back once more to Solhammond, sure to not wear a hopeless expression. After all, they weren't hopeless. Merely.. .delayed.

"While it is a beautiful sight, I'm afraid I can't discern the surroundings properly."

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum