Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Devil's Due [Mana/Ajora] Left_bar_bleue99999/99999The Devil's Due [Mana/Ajora] Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

The Devil's Due [Mana/Ajora] Empty The Devil's Due [Mana/Ajora]

Fri May 13, 2022 1:04 pm
[PLAY THE POSTING MUSIC]

The Devil's Due [Mana/Ajora] 6EdIfMt

Song: N/A - Word Count: N/A

There was a sense of urgency in the mind of Mana Asthavon as the time to make these dimensions prepared for the future was in order. Right now action was required as a great power was lurking in the depths of this realm that the likes of The Demon Queen needed to deal with for the betterment of all realms. Sealed away in the depths of the Valley of Screams, the remains of the dead Asthavon Algos were in need of being checked by another godling who'd not die by being in the presence of such horrid energy. And to do that, The Demoness needed to track down the last person to see her.

Hence, the boundaries between realms meant nothing to a Goddess. Traversing through the depths of the demonic world into the endless sands of the dimension of hollows took little effort, yet the godling was not intrigued by the prospect of drawing too much attention to herself. So, her paralyzing prowess was contained within; only emitting enough energy to make the trip.

When arriving in these lands, The Queen of Demons kept herself covered in a blackened cloak until she discovered her target. This wasn't a trip for leisure as it held great urgency to the realms that be and the echoes of a past life that no longer is. By locking on to the familiar scent of Mazda's own essence, The Royal Demoness broke the distance between herself and her target. She flowed through the shadows of these lands to emerge ahead of wherever this woman lies in a mist of emerald light.

"We need to talk of Algos, Ajora."

With her gem green eyes set on the sight of wherever Ajora was, the hood of this individual dissipated and unveiled the face of Mana Asthavon as her tone of voice indicated an air of importance.

The Devil's Due [Mana/Ajora] WVMWLOu
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Devil's Due [Mana/Ajora] Left_bar_bleue0/0The Devil's Due [Mana/Ajora] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

The Devil's Due [Mana/Ajora] Empty Re: The Devil's Due [Mana/Ajora]

Fri May 13, 2022 1:55 pm
The Devil's Due [Mana/Ajora] COMBINE2_e55df8615d0bd91c67d5f226542b807a-cutout

Ajora had anticipated a conversation with the Asthavons. Indeed, when she had returned to that particular bubble within the realms and found two very valuable essences there: The corpse of Algos, and of course, the budding New being that had fallen into a sort of coma after having emerged. she knew that she would need to do her best to contain it. And so she had constructed the castle. An enormous structure, slowly over time, that was a cathedral of pale bone. The Garden. A slow, meticulous process since she did not have access to Santa's Zanpaku'to and resureccion. Not only that... but this place needed be ......separated from Mazda's awareness and influence. And so, she had solely ensured that he be separated from that part of their soul. This, had been the primary reason that she had kept Mazda's essence from effecting herself. The castle was built around the Corpse, the new being, and of course, an ....attempt at containing the massive amount of energy that had been shed from her.

Ajora had been incredibly careful, her special ability to manipulate Gargantas had been all focused into ensuring that this place was as isolated as possible from every world. Such a wealth of energy, especially Death and Demonic Energy, was not something that would be safe to simply have around. At the very least: the destruction of Death had helped the situation. But the demonic energy would still be a problem. A problem sealed within that pale Castle of Bone. Well.....as sealed as she could make it with her own limited resources.

And yet, she was surprised to find that she would not be the initiator this time around. Mana's attempt at tracking down Ajora would no doubt be. Perplexing. she would not sense one, or even two singular localizations of her spiritual pressure. But rather, many. Extensions of the garden that surveyed the human world. Or worked on consuming souls in Hueco Mundo in order to keep them from growing....too diffuse. Ultimately, Mana would find herself standing before not one individual. But two. Both women glancing in the direction of the cloaked demon. Though the sensation would certainly be different. It was not the combination of her own soul and Mazda's. But rather, Mana would have found that the taint of Mazda's energy would have wsimply led her to the City of Lights. But the very least, if she followed the traces of Santa's energy, she would have found herself in Hueco Mundo.

"Your Highness." She greeted the woman, the blonde beside her also offering a nod of acknowledgement, but seemed.... more reserved and quiet. All the same, Ajora approached the woman, stopping a short distance away before lowering her head. "I apologize for not approaching you sooner in regards to this situation. But I admit that I'm not entirely the most familiar with how to get in contact with you." She noted, she was hardly Mazda. She could not summon people by speech alone. With a pause, she glanced up and met the gaze of the woman herself. She definitely, however, HAD been meaning to speak with the woman. But now was not the time to put her own questions and concerns first. She waited patiently for the woman to express what SHE wanted to speak about first. As familiar as she was with Algos, she was not so insipid as to imagine that she had any ground to stand on when speaking to Mana. They were not friends. And it was clear that the other woman with her felt the same. The blonde keeping her head slightly bowed, silent. Not speaking until spoken to.
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Devil's Due [Mana/Ajora] Left_bar_bleue99999/99999The Devil's Due [Mana/Ajora] Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:

Sat May 14, 2022 11:49 am
[PLAY THE POSTING MUSIC]

Being in the presence of The Demon Queen brought with it an air of uncertainty to many. So the respect these two gave her in their greeting wasn't lost on Mana as her gem green eyes never averted their gaze from both Ajora and Santa. It was akin to looking down the sight of a loaded gun given the slithering hints of chaos, madness, and pure demonic intent which lay behind her semi-eternal body. Yet, at this moment, she wasn't interested in bringing hell to these realms.

"At ease, dear. You need not concern yourself as I've been aware of the situations for some time, but it seems circumstances have forced our two paths to cross and for me to seek you out."

Commanding her words with stillness, it appeared that there was no malicious intent behind The Demoness at this point. And given her reputation, if she yearned for violence, neither of them would be speaking at this point. So, in The Queen's mind, there was little to worry about as that chasm of endless chaos had a time and place she released it upon.

Still, there was a mixture of scorn and disappointment when thinking of where to take this interaction next in regard to Algos. That was her daughter, her baby, and someone she helped to raise in this world. It marks yet another of her blood that perished on top of the passing of Calypso. While The Asthavon thrashed The Princess for tainting the name and doing such unforgivable actions, that was still her daughter and to lose such a thing did hurt. To fail a child, educate them, and allow them a proper life just made Mana give a gruff sigh before carrying on.

"I'm aware you two were the last to see my daughter. Tell me: how exactly did this event come to pass and can you transport me to the realm where her energy is being stored?"

While there were hints of sorrow in her voice, it slowly changed; seeming more urgent than before as she continued.

"It's a matter of great importance that I get that energy under control as the stability of these realms is already in a sorry state of affairs."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Devil's Due [Mana/Ajora] Left_bar_bleue0/0The Devil's Due [Mana/Ajora] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sat May 14, 2022 12:19 pm
ForgottenMercy — 12/06/2021
The Devil's Due [Mana/Ajora] HWADER_9951cf272ca776e4d751473f5ae691d0

Ajora glanced at the blonde beside her before nodding lightly. "I understand your situation. We are....friends of your daughter. My name is Ajora, and this is Verdada. Though admittedly Santa was the first to connect with Algos." She paused, and felt..... some small amount of pity for Algos as Mana spoke. In grimm understanding. She knew quite well that Mana loved her daughter. But already, she could see the roots. Mana did not ask to see what was left of her daughter. But had simply asked to be taken where her energy was. Because, as a leader, that was what was most important at this moment. And she could only frown internally as she imagined how little a chance Algos ever stood to have a normal life. To be brought up into a family whose first priority had need be so pragmatic. Even a mourning mother, had to put such things first. It was a wonder Algos had been able to foster the positivity that HAD existed within her. A soft sound caused her to glance to the side. Verdad hid it well, but she noticed the tear running down her cheek. She'd have to comfort her later.

"Of course. I should, however, warn you, Ma'am. It is not just your Daughter's Energy that is there. The process of your Daughter's death was not ..... simple. And if you'll allow me. I think it important that you ...understand the pretense with which your daughter lost her life." She reasoned. As much as she would have simply liked to just waltz Mana toward what had become a tomb for Algos, there were things that needed to be explained. Not simply for the benefit of what Mana would find. But by the simple fact that Mana deserved to know how, and why Algos had died.
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat May 14, 2022 12:36 pm
[PLAY THE POSTING MUSIC]

Mana held her gaze at the blonde one for some time. The sight of her was familiar given the fact The Queen recalls stories of both her and Algos going away to the earth only to be confronted by Mazda. And given how disjointed the existence of this being was, she could already tell the two of them were a being that was quite...complex. Sensing so many different parts of their energy scattered across this realm made The Demoness briefly question what they were, but her mind wasn't too concerned with that for the time being.

"Friends, huh? It's good to hear she wasn't alone in that time."

There was a bit more light heard in the voice of the Asthavon when that was spoken. Even if her kin was foul, dying alone is quite the loathsome thing. Some praise a warrior's death, others want a peaceful one; so she can only assume that having these two around her brought The Princess some form of comfort. For this reason, her emerald stare held its sight on Ajora as she spoke of wanting to explain more of the circumstances that led up to this whole tragic turn of events.

"Deaths of our kind are never simple."

A grave chuckle escaped the pale lips of the Asthavon when the hollow spoke of how complicated the situation may be. As if anything in this life was ever so simple, eh?

"Go on, take as long as you need. I'll need to face her myself before I rush to deal with that turbulent energy."

There was a pause before the woman closed her eyes.

"We weren't on the best of terms when she passed, nor am I proud of what she did; but I still seek to comfort her as a mother after this affair is taken care of. So, I hope there is still something of her left in that realm."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat May 14, 2022 1:15 pm
The Devil's Due [Mana/Ajora] HEADER_sample-a9b4b16bb26977fb6b7e9374f1436776

Ajora nodded lightly, were this a more casual setting, she might have even smiled a bit in hearing the relief in the woman's voice when she'd heard of Algos having friends around her when the incident had occurred. All the more, she glanced to the side, checking on Verdad before glancing back toward Mana. "Thank you. To put it simply, Santa was the first to connect with Algos. She is..... a bit ...special. I won't go into incredible detail on the subject, but her mental state and our ability to regenerate and split ourselves made her .... a reckless and oddly optimistic woman. Even in the presence of someone like Algos, Santa was nothing but friendly, insisting that she be friends with Algos, despite the threatening aura that Algos herself had at the time. But even so.... they got along. Santa was insistent that despite Algos' assertions, that she was a good person. I'm afraid I'm not terribly familiar with the situations leading up to them meeting. But Algos seemed ..... troubled. Every time that Santa would attempt to grow closer to her, she would resist. Insisting that she was evil. And dangerous. But Santa was.... stubborn." She smiled, glancing in Verdada's direction, the blond looking sheepishly off to the side.

"However, they met.....difficulties along the way. No doubt you heard about the incident at Niagra Falls. Santa.....had trouble understanding the hatred for Algos. She was only capable of seeing those few soft moments that she had been able to have. The more gentle side of the woman, rather than what the world saw Algos as. This caused not only Santa pain but.... Algos as well. Santa often tried to insist to Algos that her situation wasn't hopeless. And .... unfortunately, the subject only seemed to push Algos further in her despair. It was at that point that Algos..... woke me up within Santa. As I said, that is a complicated subject. But suffice to say, I proceeded to .... collect information. Santa is connected, as you can no doubt sense, to me. I couldn't simply watch her suffer. I did my best to get to know Algos. The woman unfortunately was..... in a poor state. One that reminded me of myself. The ....oddity of our existence, is because of my actions in the past. My inability to live with how the world was. And so, I spoke to Algos about her situation. I spoke to her about my own past. And we discussed what future lay ahead for her. I ......wish I could have put this better. But Algos would have never been able to have the life Santa wished for her. You know, perhaps as well as anyone, that for most: they cannot abide power beyond their ability to handle. Even if you hold no ill will, the threat, and memories of deeds past, will always haunt humanity. Even if Algos had attempted to repent, and from what I understood: she had seemed to be trying, there was nothing that could undo her past." She closed her eyes, thinking back to that conversation.

"And so, after hearing what I had done to myself in the past. And after some discussion..... Algos took it upon herself to end her existence as it was. Her power.... her past. Not only prevented her from moving forward, but also hindered her in any attempt to change. So long as she held the sins of her past, and so long as she was so powerful that people could not feel safe... then she would still be damned." She noted softly. And now .... came the hard part.

She walked closer to Mana. More than a respectful distance, and stopped just a few feet from the woman, her expression.... soft and somber. Not standing with her head bowed, but with eyes that asked for understanding as she leveled herself with the Queen before her.
"Algos is dead. But.... she did not abstain from leaving something behind. I can take you to where I have sheltered her. And indeed, if you wish, you can collect the power that was shed from her. My .... own attempts at containing it, for all my skill in manipulating the Garganta... I confess..... are not as complete as I would like." A bit of pain and ...humility in that mention. And .... as much as she would have liked to keep the energy away from ANYONE. She still had ...paranoia. The possibility of Mazda somehow learning about it, and swiping the energy for his own ends was a primary concern.

"However.... I would ask that you ..... consider. Algos' corpse is in that same place. But so is .... something else. What is left. Something new. She has yet to wake up. She's in..... a developing period, it would seem. Something that for all intents and purposes.... would very much be like another daughter to you. But.... I have to ask you something you may not like to hear." She paused for a moment and for once....Ajora hesitated briefly, before finally speaking. "I understand......that you would wish to take her and protect her. But I would ask..... that you allow her to live separate from your Family. I cannot say why Algos became what she did. But from what I understood of the woman. She knew nothing but privledge and power. Where any normal human child might have .....hit barriers, and had to learn how to properly develop. Algos never hit those developmental stages. From the time of her birth, her power and status allowed her to do more or less whatever she wished. And the missteps she took... before learning that humility... because of her strength, are what put her in the state she was in. The state that led her to end her own life. When we spoke .... before Algos took her own life. We did not speak of an end. I talked about how Santa.... was my new beginning. Without my powers....without my memories. Without my ....curse. She was able to develop all on her own." She closed her eyes.

"I am.... naturally...incapable of stopping you. But I CAN say, that Algos did this so that what was left of her could have a chance at a normal life. She abandoned power..... safety.... everything.... in hopes that she could walk a different, happier path." She turned away from Mana, and gently waved her hand. Of course... she was CAPABLE, of simply bending the space around them, and simply transporting them immediately to their destination. But for now.... she simply opened a normal garganta portal. ONe that showed the darkness.... and the valley of screams beyond. A place.... made entirely of souls stuck between life and death. A desolate.... lonely place that nobody would ever deign to explore. And on it's peak..... what almost looked like a castle of white marble. There would be no energy gushing from it. Ajora had very carefully adapted the garganta around the place, and made sure that the opening she made did NOT allow the energy to escape. A measure she did often in order to keep Algos's resting place as much a secret as possible.

"If you'll come with me. I'll take you to her resting place." She noted softly, having said her piece. She held no delusions that she could debate or argue the matter with Mana. That was not her place. Regardless of Santa's connection with Algos. She had neither the authority, or the power, to conflict with Mana on what she wished to do. For all her power.... Mana could simply take the Remnant, and put it right back into Algos's old position. For the sake of having a facsimile of what was her daughter again.

All she could do, was help Mana understand WHY she had done what she had. She trusted that Mana would do what she felt was best for Algos. Whatever that might be.
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun May 15, 2022 1:15 pm
[PLAY THE POSTING MUSIC]

The path to hell was often filled with the best of intentions. The sweetness that Santa presented definitely seemed like quite the delicious thing for Algos to gnaw in the midst of her own disjointed sorrow. For this reason, the Demon Queen nodded her hod as Ajora started describing the circumstance to her in full.

"Given the depths of sorrow that girl was under, I could hardly blame her for finding comfort in Santa. So you need not worry if I'll grow fangs and bite your head off. This isn't your fault."

Mana made it clear that she was someone able to endure the foulest of news with a tempered head. Ergo, The Demoness stood there gazing at Ajora as she continued to unveil this tale to her. In the midst of this stare, the sensation of numerous souls staring her essence down persisted. The endless chasm of madness within her at this moment was an ever-present thing, but there was no need for violence as she could sense the woman was telling the truth. There was a sense of glumness flowing through them as they tried to do what they could for her daughter; yet not even the blessing of the gods could fix what was broken in her, so it was rather admirable that a pair of mortals dared to take that fight on.

"The stains of maddening her past were too much to bear. Even if she did everything right, the reminders of history are hard to drown out. But, beyond the obvious grand power my daughter wielded, on a more personal level, you have my empathy. If nothing else, you two seemed to see her in pain, tried to offer her help and things only grew more twisted as the contrast between how she acted with you two and what was presented to the world were two different creatures. So I'm sorry you lost something so precious."

There wasn't a single shred of doubt held in the voice of the Asthavon as she held a more somber tone behind her words. In a small physical gesture, two tendrils of energy patted each of the woman's shoulders as Mana could sense their intent and that meant something to her more than anything else. It was hard to put into words certain sentiments, so for now, that was enough. She just wanted to hear more before coming to a decision on what to do about this whole ordeal.

Algos ceased to be, yet the remains of her still existed in this world. Such grand energy would never simply go quietly into the night, after all. Mana did not believe many things truly faded away, but the energy transmutes into something new. Even her own death will not be the end, as the essence of her being will contort, change and proceed to take life in a new being. So it did not surprise The Queen to hear that a new body was forging in the remains of The Princess's demonic corpse.

"You needn't worry about the energy. I just wish to contain it, nothing more. If you wish, I can even fortify that realm since you showed such good will to my daughter."

Indeed, The Demon Queen held a certain amount of respect for the woman. Demons were known to take in others that were attached to their family in some form or another. Offering the same to Calypso's mate and kin, Ajora and Santa were no different. Thus, our own hospitability could be fostered at that moment. Though that thought was put on pause as a curious look slowly formed across the face of the Asthavon.

"Spoiled beyond belief, the nectar of power blinds the boundaries of reality. To live one's whole life in that chaotic ecstasy is a lot to take in, no? Perhaps you are not wrong, Ajora."

There was a moment of silence as the woman seemed to ponder before swiftly coming to an answer.

"I agree, my daughter was far too gone in her own prowess. It took the might of the gods to not succumb to my own madness, much less a being far younger than myself to arise to power as quickly as she did with what I instilled in her. I will still bestow protections upon her as a mother's love never wanes, but I will observe you two from afar and see if there is really anything that you can salvage."

Although this could seem like a quick answer, it was anything but fast. Recalling all of the dismay, despair, and death that have occurred in the Asthavon Family and their own realm the past year brought upon so many painful memories for The Queen. Many had been consumed in internal strife, torment, hate, and all things toxic to where she questioned the stability of things moving forward. So, for the protection of this reborn Algos, perhaps it was bet for her to be on her own and away from this life to have a second chance to atone for her sins and move beyond this madness.

"Our family has lost many in the past year and I've seen madness swallow us whole as this family is indeed cursed with my sins. And as a mother, I love my daughters even if they commit the darkest of acts. So it may seem cold to toss my kin away to the birds, but I tried giving her everything and that failed. Perhaps in this life, she will learn to be satisfied with less before daring to reclaim what she lost."

Indeed, The Queen was a leader so decisions had to come without haste, but that did not mean she was a total heartless monster. Sometimes the most pragmatic option was the best route to take. And even if there is an instinct that exists within her that did desire to bring her back to her old life to be re-educated, the experience of her own life knew that growing into power was far better for a creature like Algos. So, while her heartfelt heavy, Mana closed her eye and asked a simple question before jumping into the realm where he daughter lies.

"And how are you coping with her loss? Ya' seem like you've been through hell yourself. Even after we handle these affairs, you'll have the Asthavon's favor if ya ever need our bloody hands for trying to take care of her, so I'm here for you as well, dear."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun May 15, 2022 2:11 pm
The Devil's Due [Mana/Ajora] HEADER_2509817

Ajora watched, a gentle smile gracing her features, as the matriarch of the Asthavon family seemed to consider. And, finally, it seemed that they reached some common ground. Indeed, she had been hoping that perhaps, Algos's new life might be ....separated from a family which seemed..... in all honesty, a bit malignant. Not even by virtue of the woman leading it, but by simple fact of everything surrounding them. Their infamy, even in those escaping the other members of the family, seemed to follow them. She had noticed that in Calypso's own upbringing. The tendrils of energy were noted and received, Verdada even smiled, a brightness similar to Santa's own as she promptly gave the extension a little hug.

"Thank you for your understanding. Santa was also familiar with Calypso before her vanishing. I am ..... sorry to say that it was not a similar situation. At present, I myself confess I know very little of Calypso's fate." She noted softly. "But even so, I am incredibly grateful that you would entrust to me your daughter's protection and upbringing. Naturally, I will very gladly accept any fortification you might offer this realm. And I .... apologize that I am not quite as capable when it might come to protecting and fortifying the place myself. Ours is .... a complicated existence. Originally, as a Menos, we existed as a herd, rather than a singular hollow. Interconnected and capable of sharing and exchanging thoughts, emotions, energy, and the like. However, we abandoned that, and devoured one another, in exchange for a more singular existence. But I retained the ability to ...diffuse and modify myself. Santa... the one who Algos bonded with, was a ...mentally restricted form of my own body. I abandoned my intellect and intentionally damaged myself in certain ways, producing Santa.

I was revived thanks to Algos, but my existence is ..... much more livable. I'm able to constantly feel the joy and happiness that Santa experiences. And also .....divy up energy and responsibilities. Santa is ...presently.... entirely unaware of Algos's fate. For her own piece of mind. Verdada, is a version of Santa that IS aware of her fate."
She nodded to the blonde woman, who gave a sheepish smile and a nod. "Hello." Verdada offered with a light nod of her head. "However, by nature of our soul being so ....diffuse. It is difficult for us to grow more powerful. It is only thanks to Santa and Verdada's determination that we have been able to grow as much as we have, and that is thanks to Algos." She smiled, it wasn't much. But she hoped that knowing that there was some good to Algos would make Mana happy, in.... whatever small way she could manage.

"All the same, Should the time come that this new life need protection, I will not hesitate to call on you." The air around her ....flexed. And flesh grew along the floor at her side, before bone sprouted up in a pale, clean, ivory pillar. And from the very tip, Ajora plucked a small fragment, the tiny thing molding itself into a small pendant made from bone, but Mana would still sense a soul from it. She reached out, offering it to Mana. "I understand you have your ways to communicate. But please. Accept this. A portion of myself, Santa, and Verdada. That we may more easily keep in touch. Perhaps you will even be able to feel some benefit. IF I recall, Algos was an Empath as was Calypso. IF you share that trait, you may find yourself.... happier, feeling Santa's optimism from it. IN addition to facilitating communication." She noted with a general smile, before she turned and promptly led Mana into the valley of screams, the garganta would close behind them.

The entire place was abuzz with the energy, making quite clear that Ajora had not been lying when she said that she had had trouble containing it. As they drew closer, Mana would see that the entire structure was made entirely out of bone, and would have the very same signature that Mana could feel from the pendant she had been given. Making their way through several layers of doors and hallways, through a maze of passages and stairs. Ultimately, they would arrive in the central deepest chamber. At the centwe were two central pieces. A large, bone coffin, within which Algos's corpse resided. And of course, a small cushioned indentation in the floor, filled with pillows, wherein the Remnant of Algos rested. All the while, the air vibrated with the energy that was contained within the place. Thankfully most of the energy was concentrated within certain chambers in the place, but residue still practically saturated the place.

Ajora would stop a short distance from them, glancing toward Mana. "I have done my best to preserve them both comfortably and respectfully. In truth, I'm not entirely sure how much the little one can sense her surroundings. But here she is." She noted, and stepped to the side. Even as composed as Mana was, she could only imagine the emotions within the woman. In seeing both what was left of her daughter, in both inert, and newborn form simultaneously. Verdada would bring up the rear, and stop just beside Mana, a bit less distant, and offering a sad look of consolation and comfort.

The Devil's Due [Mana/Ajora] HEADA_sample-4e0dc9914d64e85ea332d454dd04e508

"We are very weak. But I promise..... we'll do everything we can for her. Hopefully without all of her power, it will be easier for her to interact with others. But if nothing else: she will never know loneliness. I'll take care of her, I promise." She noted softly, a gentle and hopeful smile crossing her features. If Mana knew anything of santa, the similarity would be keen, but so too would be the differences. There was .... a sad pain to Verdada's existence. That warm optimism dipped somehow in sorrow. But she was no less earnest.

She meant every word she spoke.
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue May 17, 2022 1:05 pm
[PLAY THE POSTING MUSIC]

While hearing the fate of Calypso, a forlorn expression washed over the face of The Asthavon as she needed no reminders or answers set for what had happened to that child. A bond of maddening blood linked the mother and daughter, so The Queen knew all too well that she had taken her life. The curse of their lineage seemed not even to spare one of its most innocent creatures from falling into the depths of despair. Ripping away the life she had built with her husband and throwing away the potential of her unborn child was a miserable state of affairs to contemplate. But still: this was the eternal life she signed up to be part of. Being a goddess meant that one must watch over the sands of times, even as those you've loved and adored turn to madness, ash, or become reborn to start the cycle again.

Therefore, the Asthavon did not hide her grief in how her tone rescinded itself to a more sullen voice, but she did not run from this feeling as her words spoke with a clear purpose:

"Calypso was from my flesh, so I know all of what happened to that child. Dead, gone, and a life unborn taken away; the curse of madness within this family claimed her, and it is something I must accept even if my heart does weep for her. But, you needn't apologize for her fate. As an agent for chaos and madness in this existence, this is the road I walk down."

Nothing else but heaviness could exist in Mana's heart from all the pain that crashed into her spirit, but she was past the point of breaking down. After incurring many losses in these passing years, her soul ached, yet her will still existed and continued to thrive. In this time of decay, instability, and uncertainty, she was one of few godling-like creatures which could keep this realm from falling in on itself. Instead, she needed to focus on guiding herself, her family, and her people to a better tomorrow that didn't involve being consumed by cold oblivion.

"And while I cannot speak for your soul, I sense you've accepted the hardships that lay ahead in your decisions. Given that this life is the supernatural, complexity is a certainty. Nevertheless, you will flourish if you have a reason to persist through it, and I believe you do if you seem to have that much care for a life that is not your own. This madness of life is what makes it beautiful after all: a full range of emotions, sentiments, thoughts, and philosophy make this chaotic existence worth living when all logical signs point to just making sure you survive as a mere hollow."

Unwavering in her words, there was a gentle smile despite the hurt in her eyes. The state of her existence was one of acceptance, as to reject this truth is to fall into incomprehensible insanity. Feeling joy, hurt, uncertainty, love, and a need to protect, the essence of The Queen was an intricate one at this point. Thus, the Asthavon's body started to howl out with thousands of years of built-up madness to illustrate that reality further. Millions of spirits groaned out in pain, the winds around them gusted with the screams of unwanted godly knowledge, and the air became heated with the stench of a power that could rip the life from you with but a touch. As this unveiling of her existence unfolded, the sensation of a devil goddess never yielded from this atmosphere. From the heavens above, Santa and Ajora may feel the eye of a corrupted god gazing upon them.

Yet -- her will disallowed any of this from breaking their reality or harming them. So the air reverted to a calm, serene night as she continued speaking as if nothing had occurred.

"Algos assisted in finding your heart's resolve. In that way, Calypso helped me recognize the own love in my heart, so I pass that blessing of her period of uncorrupted to you. By my will, you shall become protected by my maddening grace."

Pressing the tip of her index finger to the forehead of Ajora, she continued:

"You, Santa, and Verdada have done well to exist in a dirty land for such a long time. Your existence is madness, yet you are akin to me to maintain still your inner heart's visage in all its intricate pieces. The resolve to do so commands my respect, as I promise your revival was not in vain. It's nice to meet you, for you have a reason to grow stronger, even if it may not be in the most conventional of physical strengths. I will see to it you flourish moving forward."

Mana became enthralled in this bleeding of emotion and sentiment as her voice grew into a steady, focused mania. To cut through the abstract layers of despair to connect to another was a sublime feeling. Hence, while Ajora sought to give her that bone pendant, The Queen hugged her. And upon this action, the charm given to The Asthavon immersed itself within the depths of her body as she fed on said powerful feelings.

"I'll take it without hesitation. Thank you for asserting yourself with all that you are. Expressing your true feelings is difficult even for the gods, yet I shy not away from that."

If Ajora were to look up, static started bleeding out from the face of The Queen, yet in the core of her heart would lay a child-like essence of herself. One that smiled as the core of madness, uncertainty, love, fear, acceptance, greed, mania, grief, sadness, pride, and all the other maddening sentiments that make Mana who she is flowed out around them.

"You even dare to take the pain away from a being of chaos. Your fangs do not hesitate because they know true, maddening solitude. I want to respond to that courage even amid such a tragic circumstance that brings us together. I feel the warmth of your soul flowing into me, but I've already accepted life for what it is. The pleasure, pain, and madness of life are all it is to be accepted if you are to find contentment in the moment. I hurt, grieve, and despair; yet I am happy to feel such insane emotions and will embrace them until my existence dies and repeats its anew."

With those sentiments spoken out into the universe with the utmost certainty, Mana remained silent as Ajora decided to guide the way through her beautiful dimension of bone. Within the depths of The Valley of Screams, Mana felt brief pangs of the past flicker around them. Visuals of a man with snow hair, a woman of plum hair, another feminine figure with scarlet hair, and the final smaller female of white hair all stood before them. Neither of their faces was defined, but these were the former spirits of The Memory Rosaries. And the scarlet aura of Claire was a blast from the past as Mana started cackling to herself, remembering the insanity of those warm, golden days the two of them shared in their aura of madness upon the world. It brought tears to her eyes to have ever experienced such joy.

Yet, as Ajora opened the depths of the tomb of Algos, the aura of Mana's energy grew further frantic. Woe, regret, lament, and motherly despair bled out around them as a blackness coated the air. Yet, despite that, she smiled. Smiled for a life that had a chance to experience the tremendous highs this existence offered. For even in Algos's death, and in spite of all her failures, the woman felt the greatest of joys and the lowest of lows. That life bled a rich shade of insanity with the chaos that lay within Algos's blood. Perhaps she lived her life as it was supposed to, and now it was time to find a period of calm, balance, and order in the existence of whatever she was now.

"You've done far more than any mortal could dream to do so with the divine essence that was my daughter."

Mana wouldn't hear any more apologies as Ajora tried to excuse how she preserved their bodies. This curse was Mana's to bear, and she accepted that. The same could be said of Verdada as she tried to explain her weakness and her utmost duty to never keep Algos alone in her new life. Such sweet, maddening intents caused The Demoness to lean into them both, grabbing both of their cheeks as her fangs contorted in a smile and her hair hid away the glimmer of those lush, gem eyes of the devils. Instead, the two women found themselves in the warm, emerald glow of the Queen's aura as she spoke.

"Haha, I can see what my daughter was starting to see in you. If you keep this up, perhaps I may gobble you up for myself one day. But alas, I have no time for such fleets of fancy. I've become a goddess, and I will take all the unstable, chaotic, and maddening reflections of this universe's existence into myself for all power that has nowhere else to go. I am a god of chaos, and I am the reason for this instability accelerating to how it is now with my actions. So it is by my hand I will drain it and help the other godlings that exist to prevent our very reality from decaying from such rampant displays of delightfully chaotic power."

The Demoness moved away from the two other women as her heart ached to see Algos in such a pitiful state. A great demonic life was taken by her passing away, and this was Mana's time to mourn how she failed to guide her flesh and blood. As tears fell from Asthavon's eyes, she refused to turn into a scowl or frown. From life to the grave, Mana made a pact with herself to always smile until the bitter end. And to that sentiment, the godling held her deceased daughter, patted her beautiful snow hair, and began sucking the depths of this realm's energy within herself, starting the slow process of sealing it away within herself in the Chasm of Eris.

"I love you. But, Algos, my daughter, I failed you and Calypso. Even all the divine love in the cosmos could not save your damned souls. I hope your fangs find what it is they seek by removing her family's curse from your veins. "

Thinking of her daughters, the shattered remains of the Asthavon family, the uncertain future for her kind, and even the likes of Ajora for getting dragged into all of this, Mana spoke aloud her one truth:

"I'm sorry for everything."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue May 17, 2022 3:18 pm
The Devil's Due [Mana/Ajora] HEADER_2509817

It was certainly something, to see the Queen of Demons taking a moment in allowance of sentimentality. Bizarre perhaps. She could only wonder how many mortals had but WISHED that they could stand before this woman. Out of any number of reasons. And here she stood with Verdada, to see these intricate, and private facets of the woman.

"I had thought that Calypso and Algos seemed....similar in their energy. A similar sensation I had derived from another woman we met named Arianda." She noted but .... fell quiet as she looked to Mana. Paying...careful and close attention to the woman's choice of words. And indeed, such familiarity it was that rang out from her. An echo of words she'd heard before.

"Algos said words of a similar nature before. I was unaware that the sentiment ran in the family." She murmured in quiet ... observation. But kept what she deduced from such observations to herself. Algos had spoken in the very same way. Mana accepted her role as what she was. But Algos ...... treated it like a curse. But had retained the very same notion as from her mother. That this was total. That this was simply fact, and that nothing would change. And yet... Ajora looked to the corpse. And the newborn being spawned from Algios's sacrifice.

Was Mana's position as Chaos incarnate not a conscious choice? It seemed more .... mature than Algos's point of view. But all the same, it still seemed so very bleak.
Speaking of the Madness of Life.
And even as Mana took that piece of their soul, and suddenlt pulled Ajora into an embrace, Still: Mana spoke of the pain of Chaos. And feeling the energy that bled from Mana. And that she STILL intended to draw even MORE energy into herself. It was .... tragic. And yet, she couldn't argue a better solution. SHE hardly would be able to contain such power, even if she diffused it amongst the various incarnations of herself and Santa, she could only imagine that the energy would be problematic. Even simply KEEPING it in the air at this place was an issue. And so, there really was no option but to allow Mana to further burden herself.

She offered a sorrowful smile, and beside her Verdada shook her head, and spoke what she herself kept inside. "I wish we weren't so weak. we've been trying to just hide this energy ever since it happened. I wish you didn't have to be burdened with it." She noted softly, and glanced back toward the Remnant's sleeping form. And at the same time, both her and Ajora could feel that connection as Mana accepted the Pendant. That feedback that frankly, felt akin to their own existence. Millions if not more souls. True, Ajora had given up much of her strength to wound herself. But that didn't mean that there was any shortage of souls within them. They knew very well, this sensation. And they knew maddening suffering as hollows.

At the very least... Verdada felt proud. Happy that Mana praised her for what she had done thus far. And before she knew it, Mana drew the both of them in. And then... after a moment. They watched as Mana separated and walked into the midst of that chaotic energy, and began to draw it into herself. A soft.... ripple escaping Ajora, as she used her Pesquisa to more precisely see what was happening. Her curiosity getting the better of her as they watched the Queen of the Asthavon drain the malevolent energy that had once been inside of her daughter. And at long last.... the Queen seemed to fall unto herself. Her mind turned inward in a soft, private moment that neither Verdada or Ajora would be privy to. A moment punctuated by that spoken apology.

Without a word, Verdada stepped forward. She didn't circled around. She did not announce herself. Even burdened with the knowledge of Algos and Calypso's true demise. Verdada, was still every bit Santa Estallar. And in hearing that soft, mournful apology from Mana. She behaved purely on instinct. She embraced the woman from behind. The tall arrancar did not turn her around and hug her as one would comfort an ally or a peer. No, she drew the woman to her chest and gently cradled her. As someone would comfort someone dear.

She spoke not a word.
She did not lock eyes.
But her embrace alone, and that tender hold spoke just as loudly as real words:
It's okay.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum