Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Point of Purpose[Ajora, Hiroe]  Left_bar_bleue0/0Point of Purpose[Ajora, Hiroe]  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Point of Purpose[Ajora, Hiroe]  Empty Point of Purpose[Ajora, Hiroe]

Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:10 pm
Point of Purpose[Ajora, Hiroe]  XmZbQZY

HIROE MIYASHIRO | DREAM ON

Hiroe adored the days when she could enjoy a momentary retreat from her studies at the academy. To be certain, it wasn't as if she was being worked to exhaustion, and she would never claim she wasn't applying herself, but who didn't embrace a free day for a change? There was no point in training if she worked her body beyond its limits.

There was a precise nuance to it all, an ideal balance to strike and favorably maintain. And besides, it wasn't as if he was entirely free to enjoy her day, anyway. Returning to the clothing and tailoring shop she would eventually inherit, her mother saw fit to hit her with a list of tasks she had left unattended during her time at the academy, much to Hiroe's chagrin.

Chores, cleaning the dishes, and selling whatever they worked on together. Why were parents such a pain? It was a bright day out in the Rukongai. There were likely a wave of shop owners just chomping at the bit, ready to sell all manners of things... and she was here. No, she had earned a break. When her parents took the time to head off to some business, Hiroe deftly slid a closed sign on the door to the shop, grinning from ear to ear. She'd have her break time, one way or another.

Dressing within a particularly fine kimono she made, Hiroe fashioned her jet black hair into a graceful ponytail. With a sway of the hip here and there, she grabbed her Asauchi, placing it along her hip. This had been a habit of hers - bringing her sword out every time she went out. Why was that? She wondered. Maybe her zanpakuto would suddenly call out to her and give her cool zanpakuto skills, when she least expected it. Wishful thinking, no doubt, but one could dream, right?

Heading out into the Rukongai, Hiroe would walk around in search of something to catch her eye. A lovely outfit, perhaps - or a really good meal. She wasn't quite at the district where all the hustle and bustle was, so she'd probably have to make a walk of it to get there.

Walking alone with no civilians around, Hiroe quietly kept her hand around the sheath. Even if she wasn't in a district heavy with criminal activity, she wasn't gonna risk getting robbed or attacked if she could avoid it. Keep the eyes pealed. Not a bad approach.

END POST | DREAMER

Last edited by Iori on Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:41 am; edited 2 times in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Point of Purpose[Ajora, Hiroe]  Left_bar_bleue0/0Point of Purpose[Ajora, Hiroe]  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Point of Purpose[Ajora, Hiroe]  Empty Re: Point of Purpose[Ajora, Hiroe]

Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:34 pm
Point of Purpose[Ajora, Hiroe]  HEADER_E-XB5HlVIAkgump

What a strange place indeed. She ....didn't remember anything. She didn't know why she woke up in this place. Those around her informed her that she'd died. The ones that didn't run away at least. She was.....different. A dark, gnarled sort of flesh on her left side. Staring at it.....made her brain tickle, as if she might sneeze if she looked at it for too long. A sole, singular thought coursing through her mind. She didn't know where she was, the afterlife? But that's just what she was TOLD. There was no proof of that. She didn't know if she could trust those words. But she DID know that her left arm struck fear into those that saw it. And so she hid it. Tearing up some cloth, and slowly wrapping her arm in it, until it looked....somewhat normal. It was better than nothing. But even that would not hide the scars riddling her body.

Those, at least. She did not feel even a shred of confusion over. This was punishment. But from what? She wasn't quite sure, but she would find out. She HAD to. Not knowing gnawed at her like nothing she'd ever known. She wanted to know about this place. About her arm. About .... SO many things. It made her heart race just to think about it all. And she rapidly began to piece things together. With that little wrap-up, at the very least, the other denizens seemed more...amicable to her approaching them. But no... she had a feeling that these scurrying vermin would not ave much in the way of information for her. They might simply lie out of fear. Or malice. That was not outside the realm of possibility. She needed someone who looked more....confident.

And her wishes were answered faster than she figured. She spotted the woman from a distance. Ah.... this woman seemed....strong. There was confidence. And ... a weapon. Something she hadn't seen on any of the others. Perhaps someone in charge? A pause... looking over herself. She was more or less in rags. She'd look like a beggar. But perhaps that wasn't a bad thing. She'd seen others. Just as lost and confused as she was. It seemed she wasn't alone. Perhaps some honesty might be the ticket here. Well...mostly. She walked into the other woman's view. Her arm was covered up. But there was no obscuring those scars along the left side of her face, thankfully her bangs obscured the eye she was also afflicted with. So many differences. So many things to ....explore.

"Excuse me, miss." She called out to the woman, her hood lowered down, fully exposing her face as she glanced around. "Please, if you can spare a moment. I think I'm lost." She beseeched.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:33 pm

Turning towards the owner of the soft feminine voice, curious eyes would set themselves towards the hooded woman standing a few meters away. Her exposed face captured Hiroe's curiosity the most. A collection of scars riddled the left side of her face, with black bangs of hair seemed to cover her eye. Hiroe quickly concluded that this woman was unfamiliar to her. Of course, she didn't exactly view herself as an expert on every resident or vagabond in the Rukongai.

Her words certainly proved she was a woman who held no sense of direction towards her surroundings. If so, how come none of the other civilians had offered to assist her? Pah, anyone with some sense of decorum would've did their best to guide this woman along. Sure, she didn't exactly seem like the most inviting individual, but that was no reason to turn her away. Hiroe didn't exactly get the intent that she was someone aiming to catch her off guard, either. There was no weapon to be found, no sense of malice or ill-will emanating from her aura.

Nodding her head softly, Hiroe would approach the woman so that they stood face to---however tall this woman may have appeared. She observed her for a few moments before she spoke.

"Honestly, you'd think that the residents here would help newcomers find their way... but I guess we haven't reached that level of kindness yet, huh? Don't worry. I'll help. My name is Hiroe Miyashiro. Did you have an idea of where you desired to go, miss? I don't know where you came from, but I'm more than alright with being a tour guide."

END POST | DREAMER

Last edited by Iori on Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:45 pm
Point of Purpose[Ajora, Hiroe]  HEAD2r_E6byXUtVUAA-DWt

Ajora furrowed her eyes ever so slightly. A bit ...perplexed by the woman's response. It was abundantly clear that she was some sort of overseer here. But ..... tour guide? What did that mean? Surely a place like THIS wasn't some vacation destination? "I....I'm not sure. I don't know where I am ....where.....THiS..... is..." She murmured, a troubled look crossing her face as she turned and began to look around, seeming...lost.

"Can you just....tell me where I am? I can handle the rest myself." She .... paused. And tensed when her stomach growled. A slightly...embarassed look crossed her face. "And if you might know where I could find some food. That would also help." She added quietly. Unbeknownst to Ajora, this would probably perk up Hiroe's attention. Hunger was not something normal in the rukongai after all. There was no need for physical food generally. Some ate for the satisfaction, but actual hunger? That meant that the soul was using up energy, and that typically meant that one had spiritual potential. And it served Ajora well enough not to hide this fact. If nothing else, it might ilicit some sympathy from this strange woman. Perhaps even make her a bit more talkative.

And for the purpose of gathering information, that suited her just fine.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:48 pm

Hiroe tilted her head in quiet contemplation as she ruminated on the woman's question. Ah, so she wasn't a vagrant from another district, huh? Moreover, from her next set of words, it seemed as if she had no idea where she was or what this place was to begin with. It seemed to dawn on her that she may have been... a plus, perhaps? They typically always ended up in Rukongai. That would certainly explain why she had no idea whatsoever about where she currently was.

And then, before Hiroe could speak, her ears caught wind of an audible growl coming from the woman's stomach. She rose an eyebrow at that particular noise. Hunger? Now, that was... strange. Hiroe rarely saw anyone getting hungry here in the rukon. Yeah, something was different with this lady. No doubt about it. She had no idea where she was or what this place was, and she was hungry. Letting her wander around like that would only leave her spirits feeling a little uneasy. Sighing softly, Hiroe would clear her throat as her demeanor grew more focused, gazing up at the woman.

"Well, currently you're in one of the districts within the Rukongai, a large residential area within the Soul Society. To be more precise about where you are as a whole? The Soul Society. Pluses are usually sent here once a Shinigami uses a ritual technique to send them here, allowing their spirit to cross over. A lot of them are typically deceased humans, but it isn't entirely out of the ordinary for them to be born here, either..."

Hiroe groaned a little as she stroked her chin. She hoped she had explained it correctly. It was common knowledge, after all. How the hell would she dream of going into the Gotei United if she couldn't remember what her classes taught her? Now, the next part was tending to the woman's hunger pains. Allowing her to wander around without some form of guidance was out of the question. If she had no idea where she was, who she was, and she was hungry... It'd totally be messed up to let her wander about... for now, at least.

"Alright, since I told you where you were, its only fair if you allow me to show you around so you aren't totally lost here. You're hungry, right? I can lead you to a place with some pretty nice food. Or maybe even cook for you, if you have no desire to wander further ahead. I'm not exactly all that far from my shop right now. In return, I can tell you all the basics you need to know. Not a bad deal, right? Food and information. Can't beat that."

END POST | DREAMER

Last edited by Iori on Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:15 pm

Ajora ....paused. Frowning a little as the woman started to explain the situation. The City of Wandering Souls? So she was....deceased. This was the afterlife? For some reason she didn't feel too surprised. She looked around, a little...underwhelmed by the architecture. The place felt like a ghost town, and what few people she'd seen looked like they were on the poorer side of things. It almost felt like a slum. "This is....the afterlife. So I'm dead. Why is everything so .....run down?" She asked. ESPECIALLY with individuals purportedly keeping the place. This woman seemed to be some sort of ...warden? She was armed. Was the place dangerous?

What came next, however, was ......auspicious. The woman offered food, and also a more in-depth explanation. She had clocked that reaction to her having been hungry. Was that unusual? Well, she supposed she did seem to be different from the run of the mill individual around these parts. She let her mind wander to those idiots. A few of the nearby denizens that had thought her some sort of monster. She'd dealt with them easily enough. he'd made sure not to kill them. Some part of her had instinctively SCREAMED for her to kill them. To eviscerate them without a trace. That was the ONLY way to make sure they didn't attack her again. But she'd been....rational about things. She could not go about needlessly slaughtering anything that bothered her. IT might attract the wrong kind of ..... She glanced at this woman's zanpaku'to. Hm...attention. "Is it your job to ...guide souls? Are you a Shinigami?" she asked, hoping to get a tidbit of more ...information. But ultimately...

"I accept your offer. I am in your debt." She asserted softly, with a gentle nod of her head. True, this strange woman had phrased it as some sort of exchange. But both sides of the deal ultimately benefited her. She would have to be sure to repay this woman. Especially if she was so important as to be one of the few around with a weapon.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:32 am

Yeowch. She was a sharp one, wasn't she? Hiroe couldn't exactly deny her words, though. The Rukongai wasn't exactly the spitting image of beauty, especially when you compared it to the Seireitei. It was called the City of Wandering souls for Christ's sake. Presenting that same bright smile she approached the woman with, a sheepish chuckle danced from her lips as she rubbed the back of her head.

"Honestly, it gets a little better! Although, that mostly concerns the first district. The higher you go, the worse it gets... the Zaraki district is especially terrible. You go there, its pretty much guaranteed you'll be fighting for your life. Unless you're really skilled, I'd avoid venturing that place at all costs." Hiroe would notice the woman gazing at her blade, something that piqued her interest, truth be told.

"To answer your second question... I am a Shinigami, but I wouldn't say its my job to guide souls... not officially, at least. They do teach us classes about soul burials at the academy, though! I'm currently a student there, too. And this sword," she motioned, showcasing the blade in full view, "This is a nameless zanpakuto - an Asauchi. Most soul reapers receive these, regardless of whether they're a student or a division member."

She could have went into further in-depth about the sword stuff, but she didn't want to overwhelm the woman with details, either. She could tell her more about zanpakuto if she desired to know - once they got something to eat. The acceptance of her offer and the scarred woman voicing that she was in her debt did admittedly make her blush just a little. A little gratitude for her efforts felt nice. Hiroe welcomed those any moment she could get em'.

"Heh. Well, you don't have to be in my debt for a kind act. I wouldn't feel right letting you wander around without having an idea of your surroundings on the people you might run into. The Rukongai isn't exactly a place to be directionless, lest ya' wander out somewhere further out and run into the more... unsavory individuals."

Hiroe would walk towards her shop, opening the door as she motioned for the woman to come inside. Shopping could wait. If she took her any further up, it was likely a given they might be the subject of wandering eyes, considering this woman's appearance. Better to be somewhere a little private. It'd make conversation a little more seamless, too.

"Come. I'll find you a seat in my shop while I cook something' up. "

END POST | DREAMER

Last edited by Iori on Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:57 am

A pause.

So... not all of the City was actually this .....rough up. There were nicer areas, possibly near the center, or close to some major area. But....things also got WORSE? She looked around, curious to see if she could spot the difference. Though her eyes shifted back toward Hiroe as the subject shifted to shinigami. Hm. Classes? So this was a vocation, this woman before her had, at one point, not been a shinigami. Was there a way to become one? She'd have to look more into that. She was a student herself as well.

And then.... Asauchi. Her brows....furrowed. In the morning? No, it was probably spelled differently. Still... this was ....special? A ceremonial blade? What significance did it's name have?Or rather lack thereof? "So you weren't always a shinigami. Why did you choose to become one? Was it required?" She ventured, glancing up to the woman. Certainly, she supposed being able to be armed had it's benefits, but what else came with the occupation? It certainly seemed like a potentially...busy thing to take up.

Ajora followed Hiroe readily enough once she stared moving, making note of the direction they were heading and looking around the area. They were clearly making their way toward the lower districts, The surrounding buildings got a bit .... nicer, and those empty streets soon started to show some signs of life. And, finally, they seemed to arrive at their destination. Ajora paused, eyeing the place. She DID mention she was a student, would she have to give up the shop when she became a full shinigami? She kept that to herself for now. There were.... much more important questions to ask. And for now, she didn't want to overwhelm the woman.

"Thank you very much. " She murmured, and let the woman wander off to go cook. All the while, Ajora would....digest the situation. If nothing else, she was better than she started off. She'd garnered quite a bit of information.

She was dead, for whatever that was worth. Shinigami seemed to be in charge here. Figures, Gods of Death. However, they were not omnipotent or omnipresent. The woman mad made note of these ....outter districts which seemed lawless and full of problems. She had even sounded unwilling to head out there herself. Meanwhile, presumably districts in the center were much nicer. Safer. It would be safe to presume that shinigami were in the center. A possibility of there being....some barrier between the safe and dangerous districts DID cross her mind. with potentially shinigami patroling it. But ... no. This woman had spoke as if you could simply...wander into them.

This was useful information. At present, she was probably safest to stay where she was. Far enough from the more lawless areas. But also...a safe distance from these shinigami. This woman was nice, friendly even. But that was not a hard and fast rule for shinigami in general. She didn't know if they could be trusted. And they had such tremendous affect on the passage of life and death. However...they seemed to quite happily live with the fact that there was disparity between districts. They even made no attempt at barring between them. These Shinigami were in charge, and thus, these 'lawless zones' were a result of them. either by choice, or simply by lacking capability. And until she could discern that difference, it was likely best that she keep a healthy distance from them as a whole if she could help it. And this one.... Her eyes shifted toward where Hiroe had gone.

For the time being, she was benevolent. But she was still armed. She'd have to keep her guard up. But also try and make the best of the situation. She'd noticed that little reaction. She was easily flattered. She'd continue to ask qustions. FRANKLY information didn't seem like something she'd even HAVE to squeeze the woman for. She gave it readily. And from there, she could decide on what to do next.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:50 am

"Me? Well, if I told you... you'd probably consider it a little mundane. There is no requirement to be a Shinigami, though. To be honest, when new souls end up in the Soul Society, they usually roam about wherever they feel at ease in the Rukongai. Some look lost, some try to steal to get easy cash, and there are those who aim to join the academy once they've developed enough or show spiritual potential."

HIroe purposely kept mum about her reason for becoming a Shinigami. That could be conversation held over table talk as they ate, and she wasn't particularly confident in her reason around others.

There were thousands who would risk their lives and work themselves to exhaustion to join the ranks of the Gotei. Did she pail in comparison? Sometimes, Hiroe truly felt she did. This woman... seemed to have a remarkable maturity about her. Perhaps, it wouldn't be too bad to talk about that sort of thing.

Stepping into the kitchen, a soft sigh would escape Hiroe's lip as she humorously sulked at how her day had effectively been turned on its head. What became a day to sneak out had led to her heading back to square one. Still, it wasn't all that bad. The scarred woman was respectful, inquisitive.

In all honesty, she wasn't the worst lady one could meet in the Rukongai - and she was new. A Plus discovering things about herself in an unfamiliar realm. Better to help her and keep her from ending up wandering off into a place where she might die before she can get the chance to enjoy the finer parts of Soul Society, if she even desired that at all.

Anyway... Cooking time.

Hiroe grabbed the searched through ingredients in the fridge, dancing between ideas of what the woman might find enjoyable. Better to make a good impression and give her her best, right? Hiroe grinned a little, grabbing some of the more expensive meat and vegetables she had procured recently and rice.

Stir fry seemed like it'd be the ideal choice here. It would take no more than twenty minutes for everything to be prepared as the aroma traveled from the room, filling the shop with an aromatic scent that made Hiroe proud of her handiwork.

Food cooked and plated, HIroe would exit the kitchen setting a plate on the table before Ajora, while she took one from her own. Under normal circumstances, she wasn't sure if her parents vibed with the idea of cooking the really good stuff for a stranger, but fortunately, Hiroe prepared enough to last beyond today. They'd just ask why she decided to cook. No biggie.

"Alright. Food is on the table. Lets see... what else is it that you desire to know? I'm an open book. I can't say I know everything here, but I'd like to think after all my time in the academy, I know more than enough to help you. Can I at least ask you a question, though? Do you know your name at least, miss?"

She hadn't known where she was, that much was clear, but Hiroe was couldn't help but wonder if the woman even knew her name.

END POST | DREAMER

Last edited by Iori on Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:51 pm
Point of Purpose[Ajora, Hiroe]  HEADER_EsgbJjvVEAEzDsz

The woman's avoiding the subject of why she joined the Shinigami certainly didn't escape her attention. But she kept it to herself for the time being. There was no need to rush, so far as she was aware just yet. For now... while the other woman worked in the other room on food. She took a moment to take in her surroundings. This did not have the feel of 'usual' about it. The woman seemed.... off. No doubt this particular little act of charity was not something she usually did. Or perhaps, something she was supposed to be doing? She'd already asserted that guiding the souls in the rukongai was not the duty of shinigami. Why? What point was there in bringing the souls out from the world of the living if they weren't being taken care of? And why did Shinigami need to bring them over in the first place? Surely a soul simply passed on on its own? Well, there was also some other factors to consider.

This woman was a student. Not quite an official shinigami. It was quite likely that this woman may not have the answers she herself was looking for. Some investigation may be in order.

All the same, it didn't take long for her to smell the results of this shinigami's labor. How very hospitable of her. Was this something she always did? When Hiroe finally returned with the food itself, she offered a light smile and proceeded to try some of it. And almost immediately, she perked up. It was really good! For just a brief moment she busied herself with eating. Trying to pace herself as best she could as she filled her stomach. IT was fantastic...and it took her a few moments to pause and ....consider the question that Hiroe had asked, as well as the offered information. And yet, she seemed so unsure of herself. There was something like a ...nervousness about how Hiroe conducted herself.
Que linda.
The thought occurred to her from seemingly nowhere. But she did not voice it.
"Ajora.I don't really know what it means. But ....I suppose it's something that I can remember it." She noted quietly, drumming her fingers along the table before her attention turned toward the shinigami. "There are .... a lot of questions that come to mind. Why do you shinigami bing souls to the rukongai, but taking care of it isn't part of your job description? what purpose is there in guiding souls to the spirit realm?" She asked calmly enough, taking a few bites so that this woman would have an opportunity to answer.

IN truth, she did not expect any particularly satisfying answer. She was, after all, simply a young upstart shinigami. But for now, this was what she had to work with. But even more than that.... her eyes were drawn to the woman's sword. "You mentioned that your sword was nameless. What exactly does that mean?"
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum