Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Gambling House [Joshua/Hana] Left_bar_bleue1570/100The Gambling House [Joshua/Hana] Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

The Gambling House [Joshua/Hana] Empty The Gambling House [Joshua/Hana]

Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:54 am
The Gambling House [Joshua/Hana] Hana_PostingHeader21
Enter: Hana Aoyama

Knock, knock, knock!

Morning was here, and Hana was dressed up in her best Rukongai-friendly clothing. She wore a plain, high-quality kimono with a snowflake design. This was definitely a perfect outfit for wandering around the Rukongai, right? Hana definitely thought so! With her zanpakuto back home, it was replaced with a small dark blue bag filled with a little too much kon. It was time to hit some of those gambling halls!

“Joshua!” Hana called out, knocking on the door after not getting an immediate answer. “You promised to take me when we had the same days off!”

No answer, again! Either he in a deep sleep or he ditched her. Hana turned around to examine the surrounding area. Was he avoiding her? He was, wasn't he?! There was no way that red-headed, lazy, hat-wearing, bum was breaking his promise!

End Post
Genpaku
Genpaku
Advisor

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Gambling House [Joshua/Hana] Left_bar_bleue0/0The Gambling House [Joshua/Hana] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

The Gambling House [Joshua/Hana] Empty Re: The Gambling House [Joshua/Hana]

Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:21 pm

Contrary to popular belief one red-haired, lazy, hat wearing bum was not quite as lazy as some believed. More accurately, surprisingly, Joshua did not make a habit of sleeping in terribly late most days.

When you sleep through much of the day, its less of a priority you see.

Additionally, however, it was also matter of habit that he didn’t sleep in because those early mornings tended to be when Joshua Jehanna got some of his own training done. While today may have been an off day from rostered duty it did not mean it was a day off from training. He was expecting things to get a bit more busy soon; he’d been too lucky and dodged much of the duty aimed at Africa and its events thus far. While his luck might hold, the safe bet was that his number was gonna get pulled sooner or later. And besides that Joshua kept to his own training regimen with a regularity that his superiors would have wished he showed to his actual duties, if he let them know he was slacking off on those in the first place.

So on this fine day Joshua was returning home when he heard the banging in the distance. It was shortly followed by a familiar voice, which made him raise and eyebrow and speed up his pace ever so slightly. He rounded the corner to find one Hana Aoyama, cleaned up and looking ever so charming. Those clothes and the absence of a blade at her hip made it clear to him he had not forgotten a training session.

But he would have remembered if he’d tried to get Hana to go on a date.

“And where did I promise we were going this morning, Hana?” he asked as he sidled up to her, a warm and friendly smile on his face. For his part he was dressed much the same way he always was, and he did have his blade at his hip. He had the feeling that today was about to be an interesting one.

~We trip and stumble only so that we may stand back up...~

Genpaku's Cast of Misfits and Titans
[Character Thread]

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Gambling House [Joshua/Hana] Left_bar_bleue1570/100The Gambling House [Joshua/Hana] Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:27 pm

The door wasn’t moving. She couldn’t see inside any window. The lights were off, maybe? It was difficult to tell. Hana’s cheeks puffed wider and wider as the brat in her began welling out. She almost yelled, was so close to yelling… when she heard his voice. The woman tensed. Her hair would have stood if she were a cat. Letting out a puff of air in the moment he startled her, Hana put a hand over her heart.

“Of course, you were not even home,” Hana said, taking a moment to regain her composure and slow her heart down. She cleared her throat, took her bag in both hands. “You promised you would take me to a gambling house when our next days off were aligned. Today is that day, so… chop, chop. Promises are things to keep.”

End Post
Genpaku
Genpaku
Advisor

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Gambling House [Joshua/Hana] Left_bar_bleue0/0The Gambling House [Joshua/Hana] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:44 pm

Joshua had to admit, it was entertaining to see the lass jump in surprise like that.  She muttered a complaint before she turned and made her intentions clear.  Yeah, he had jokingly threatened to do exactly that a handful of times as he recalled, and they had made a lose plan to actually go through with it.  There was just one problem…

Joshua reached up and scratched under his hat for a moment before turning his eyes skyward.  The sun was still low to the eastern horizon, and that brought a smirk to Joshua’s face before he looked back at Hana.

“Gonna be a bit of a problem with that plan Hana, considerin’ most gamblin dens don’t open until at least noontime.  A great many solely operate in the evening hours ta boot,” he said, filling in this missing fact for the girl that didn’t know any better.  Joshua took a moment to look over Hana’s appearance as well.  This was gonna be an interesting day...but perhaps it was also a day to learn a few lessons.  One thing would not do though.

“Now lucky for you, I know of a few places that will open about noon so I won’t make you wait until the evening.  We can amuse ourselves with some breakfast and a crash course in the meantime.  Meet me back here in a quarter of an hour, after you’ve gone and grabbed yer sword.  You look mighty cute, but the Rukongai is not a place to wander around without a blade if ya can help it,” he said, his tone as casual as it ever was.  While he had not planned to frequent any particular gambling house today, he also hadn’t really made any plans to not either.  This would be entertaining one way or another.

[Character Thread]

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:19 pm

Hana quickly resembled a deflated balloon as the sadness seeped in. All excitement blew away real quickly when he explained the issue. She checked the time on her phone and sighed. “I had not thought of that…” she said. She looked down at her bag and her outfit. She was all ready to go. She had her hair done nice and a small amount of makeup on too. Frankly, she looked like she was ready to go out on a date in the Rukongai, not check out a gambling house.

Hana perked back up when he planned for the day to continue, holding her hands together like she was praying and doing a excited little hop. And yet again, that excitement fell, but this time she became confused. She looked down at her hip. "I require my zanpakuto?" Hana questioned. "I have no intention of fighting, and it definitely does not match my outfit. I have been to the Rukongai a few times, and rarely anyone is carrying one... Well, unless you are part of the Sixth."

End Post
Genpaku
Genpaku
Advisor

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:47 am

“You take your blade so you don’t have to fight,” Joshua said in mock-wisdom, though he was in no way wrong. A thought came to mind however at her comments.
“It’d be best to carry a blade in my opinion; it doesn’t have to be your Zanpakuto I suppose. If you have a different blade that matches yer outfit, that’ll be fine,” he said simply. “Besides, I need a few minutes to wash up. Unless you are wanting to watch?” Joshua said, winking at her.

Within ten minutes of that, Joshua had finished his shower and put clothes back on. He grabbed a deck of cards, slipping it into the pocket as he exited. His blade hung at his side, because he was not about to go against his own advice. Even if he had something of a reputation in the Rukongai, today was probably going to be...different.

[Character Thread]

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:55 am

That doesn’t make any sense! You take a blade so you didn’t have to fight? Having a weapon could be seen as a challenge! Hana wanted to argue, but if she did she might not be able to see the gambling hoouuuse. She mentally whined to herself. “I have no interest in bringing a blade with me. Just hurry up and let’s go!” Hana crossed her arms and stared at him, waiting for him to “wash up.”

Unfortunately, what “wash up” meant to Josh was not what Hana thought. She assumed it was washing his hands and face before they would get to go. No, he began undressing completely… for a shower. Hana’s face turned as red as Josh’s hair and she turned her back to him, doing a quick twirl on her heel. “I-I-I will go retrieve m-my zanpakuto,” she said, unable to calm the heat in her cheeks.

Since they were in the same Division, she did not have to go far. She ended up back in his area in less than five minutes and sat on a nearby bench to wait. She held her zanpakuto in her arms, laying her cheek against it, waiting patiently for a "washed up" Josh to find her. When he found her, she seemed... in a complete daze.

End Post
Genpaku
Genpaku
Advisor

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:08 am

Well, he hadn’t expected Hana to just daze out, and part of him considered just hanging out and seeing how long it took her to come back to her senses. Instead,
“Liked what you saw I take it,” Joshua said, loud enough to rose Hana. His grin burst into solid laughter after Hana caught up to what he’d said, her inability to handle the flirting did wonders for his mood. After he got his breath back he gave her a genuine smile full of that laughter.
“Shall we be on our way then?” he asked, starting out before he really got an answer. He wasn’t ignoring her to be clear, or running ahead; his pace was leisurely, as he started for the nearest gate into the Rukongai.
“I figure we can stop at one of the restaurants that’s open early in the nearer districts of the Rukongai and snag a bit of breakfast. From there we’ll have to trek a little farther into the Rukongai proper to find anything open too early, but I know a few. Any requests?”

[Character Thread]

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:25 am

Hana tensed like a startled cat when his voice pulled her from her daydreaming. She was confused for a moment, but then her face again matched his hair’s shade.

“NO!” Hana shouted suddenly, then put her hands over her mouth. She shouldn't be so loud. She looked around and then tried to regain her composure.

“I-I mean, w-why would I?” And then she insulted him? It’s not like he was ugly!

“While you are to be considered an attractive man, that sort of thing… watc-… watching... is a horrible thing to do. Very unladylike. I would not ever!”

Then he laughed and she turned redder and redder. She put both hands over her face, mortified... humiliated! When he finally started calming his laughter, she dropped her arms to her side and puffed out her cheeks in an annoyed pout. She followed him along, cheeks still pinkened. She wasn't sure where she would want to go, so she had no requests, but she did have a valid concern!

"Wait! W-W-Will people not assume we are on a... you know... a date?" Hana put a hand next to her mouth and whispered up to him. This was Josh's fault! All his fault! He pulled Hana into that type of mindset with his flirting. He knew she couldn't handle that kind of thing, especially with how much vigor he put into it!

End Post
Genpaku
Genpaku
Advisor

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:42 am

Joshua did he best to give Hana a bit of time and space to calm down from his teasing. He had to space it out some, or else the poor girl might just melt into a puddle. However, after asking if she had any requests he was met with a concern from Hana. She was so concerned about it as well, whispering her thought to him. He gave a small chuckle at it, not in a dismissive way though.
“Perhaps. Give people a chance, and they will assume everything about everyone all the time Hana. Others see two people sharing a meal, they assume it means something more. Sometimes it does, to be sure. Sometimes it doesn’t. It ain’t worth spending yer worry over I say. Besides, if you go through always worrying about what everyone thinks you’ll find yerself shackled by expectation and unable to enjoy yer life.”

As quickly as the philosophical mood arose, it was waved away.
“Ya ain’t got to worry about it. I’ll spare ya most of the flirting in front of others so they don’t get the wrong idea. Though I do admit, yer reactions would make a great distraction at a table,” Joshua said, a sharp smirk on his face before he gave her a wink to let her know it was a jest. He wasn’t going to embarrass her.

[Character Thread]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum