Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down

Are you interested in the event?

7 - 54%
6 - 46%

Total Votes: 13

Poll closed
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]  Left_bar_bleue99999/99999The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]  Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]  Empty The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]

Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:10 pm
I won't execute this event until I get feedback from members. I'm curious to see how you all feel about this since I've gotten the feedback from most people and turned it into this event.

Event Creation Template
  • Name: The Champion Arc
  • Character: Anyone who wishes to take part
  • Type: Site-Wide
  • Info:

What Is The Champion Arc?

The Champion Arc is a developmental arc for the site that is meant to progress and change the landscape, power dynamic and allow for new growth and conflict to be produced on the site. The world has grown quite stall with these constant squabbles for control throughout the known PH Verse. And, to that end, a stalemate of sorts have been met.

However, one should be reminded: THIS IS NOT NORMAL. It is not NORMAL for these larger than life events to happen one after another after another after another; getting to the point where they almost become a daily fact of life. As such, these clusters of maddening energy have been acclimating for every mass-scale event that has occurred on the site's timeline since 2410; around the time period where increased warfare started to pop up.

Which is why those with access to resources, tools, and powers seek to harness it to invoke great change throughout the realms of the PH Verse. There are known artifacts that are called the Champion Shifts. There are four of them that are scattered across the four corners of the globe in the living realm. They possess a great power, that when amplify and connected to something beyond themselves, are able to cause a world reset.

In essence, Champion Shift tools are designed to create a new era of champions by restoring the world back to it's most prime state. This means that, in the right hands, The Champion Shift tools can be used to revert people, defenses, landscapes and certain races back to their prime or to readjust the world population itself.

The primay objective of the antagoist starting this event is to change the games of the world. Mana herself will attempt to trigger this because she herself has grown dull with the stagnation of the world and she will bring others, both antag and protag alike, to invest in these tools.

What The FUCK Is The Reset? (tl;dr version)

To make a long story short: there will be a disruptive burst of chaotic energy spreading throughout the PH Verse that has been growing since 2410. It will be triggered by four artifacts spread throughout the earth that people can fight for. And, even when the event starts, it can still be countered or defended against.

So, depending on how the event plays out, this energy in question is attempting to restart the landscape itself to be prime and have no influence on it (I.E. defenses, certain races, factions etc). And this burst of energy can also reset characters themselves if people want to volunteer them.

WAIT! Am I forced into this shit?

Not Forced: THERE WILL BE SANCTURY ZONES ON THE SITE DURING THIS EVENT! I will not force every member to take part in it because that is unfair to those who have no interest in major scale events. So in every realm, there will be safe zones not effected.

Sanctury Zones: I understand that people have worked hard on some things on the site. So, I'm not gonna make this event and be like: "ALRIGHT NIGGA, ALL YOUR SHIT YOU WORKED FOR? GONE FOO'" No. Instead, I will create a safe-zone thread for certain regions/things that have a good reason to be there. Though I am expecting cooperation to have some regions of the world landscape reset (I'm even volunteering some Shadow Fall regions)

Why Should We Do This Event?

Change In Landscape: Why should we not? If you are fine with how things are with the same event over and over, far be it from me to force this event on you. However, if you are interested in the potential conflicts that can arise from the landscape (not characters; unless you voluntarily want to do it), then I'd suggest being in on this event since it can be the one chance that protags can do something decent for themselves.

Potential Growth: If all the defenses in the world were reset and taken away, and population of races were readjusted, can you honestly say you can't have a chance to develop new things on the site? This is your one chance to actually build up something if you play your cards right. If you fail to act during this time period, then you can't complain about not trying to make a change in the site, honestly.

Character Resets: THIS IS NOT BEING FORCED ON PEOPLE! I cannot STRESS that enough. YOU ARE NOT BEING FORCED TO RESET YOUR CHARACTER!

Now, with that out of the way, there will be voluntarily sign-ups to have aspects of your character reset with the calamity. This can be anything from having their memory reset, powers reset, race reset (I.E. if a hollow reverted back to a human) or whatever else you want to adjust for your character. This can provide people a chance to un-do things they disliked with their character, while at the same time creating compelling character development or interactions based on how this character interacts with others.

Conflict/War: I know some of you have a boner for World War 4, and can you honestly expect some people to just sit back, pull up the lazy boy and watch as people make power grabs? Nah. There is gonna be some conflict, and I can imagine war regions in some places for those who are more about the conflict type of events since this can make or break certain factions growth.

Note: I will be looking for people to help as I don't care about people adding in their own ideas into the mix. I will say that I do want to keep one of my characters a secret since they are doing this in secret to help with the event. I will also say that Mana will be giving out invites to characters who are open to having the world shift in such a mass way to have a game to see what might happen. So you can expect some of my other characters like Adam for instance to capitalize on this. So you don't have to team up with Mana permanently, as she is interested to see what they will do after this all takes place.

The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]  WVMWLOu
Lex Prailius
Lex Prailius
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]  Left_bar_bleue11500/20000The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]  Empty_bar_bleue  (11500/20000)
Tiers:
http://lexprower.deviantart.com/

The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]  Empty Re: The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]

Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:55 pm
I'm totally for this and want to be a part of the direction of where this might go, this is far too good to pass up and I think it's an excellent idea on how to get things going on the site.
Blade
Blade
The Hybrid King

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]  Left_bar_bleue10015/100000The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]  Empty_bar_bleue  (10015/100000)
Tiers:

The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]  Empty Re: The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]

Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:57 am
I've just woken up, so forgive me. But at the moment, while reading the event as a whole from the looks of it, it feels like a soft reset with very little meaning to it. Outside of mass fighting and potential resets for certain people, I feel like there won't be a meaningful reason for people to join outside of "I don't like my character" or "heh, WW4 boner engaged". Is there anything that might be related to hard resetting the world if things pan out a certain way? For small tiers, whats the point of wanting to engage in the event outside of gaining power? Are there going to be many if any Pillar characters that get reset? A large problem with the site's power scaling is that there's a mass of Pillar characters and 0 tiers that just very clearly outclass the rest. In this case, are they gonna stick around or do you think people will willingly reset all the progress they've taken with them? I might just be too tired but I can't personally see what someone like me (only using me as an example, trying to find a medium for others to get moving as well so don't mind my characters) with only lowish tier characters to take part outside of "I don't like this about my character". Even then, I'd just make a better one I like a lot y'know? I'm interested in what you/staff think on that note if you have the time.

The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]  FXpoQxJ
The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]  2Y9rqGk

Spoiler:
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]  Left_bar_bleue7380/100The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]  Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:32 am
To Blade: The whole thing about characters being reset is, and that message emphasized it a little too much, entirely optional. It's not even a core part of the event, but a side-bonus. And, to be frank, I don't think publicly pre-announcing "yeah this character is going to be reset" should be mandatory, nor is it staff's job to announce them—it should be up to the owner. Someone might decide at the last minute to do this. To me, the purpose of the event is more to shake up things on earth rather than with specific characters.

My concern about the event boils down to people not giving up territory, or rather, there being too many safezones. I'm worried that people are going to go "nah, I don't want to give this up so it's safe now." I think that safezones should probably be few and far between, as well as not being large swathes of territory.

Tsubine's Character List
Blade
Blade
The Hybrid King

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]  Left_bar_bleue10015/100000The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]  Empty_bar_bleue  (10015/100000)
Tiers:

Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:04 am
Alright, after more thinking and reading Tsu's response I have more to bring up. As far as the artefacts are concerned, I feel like we might need to boost the number of them in order to create spread out conflict and to allow for the lower tiers to not be easily overwhelmed by the higher tiers on site. I also 100% agree if Tsu's comment about too many safe zones. I personally think that four Safe Zones would be a perfect amount. Shouldn't be too little that it doesn't allow people to get there but also not so many that it basically null and voids the purpose of the soft reset. Also, the fact that there are hundreds of territories and massive defense systems is important to comment on. If people try to pull "bullshit" and just throw them right back up or try to reclaim their territories with no force or conflict met, that might be a problem. I think staff would handle it just fine, just bringing it up is all.

The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]  FXpoQxJ
The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]  2Y9rqGk

Spoiler:
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]  Left_bar_bleue398349/999999The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]  Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:40 am
I saw this and thought 'huh, it's a side-wide version of what I did with Mirja'. And so I want this. I might see if I can get a few things of my own in this reset, because I have some plans maybe. They involve my Dragons and the whole Tai Chi aspect of the World. And so I really need to get that revival arc down now...
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]  Left_bar_bleue99999/99999The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]  Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:12 am
The Champion Arc [Potential Side Wide Event] [Feedback Session]  14f4ddc1ef80de5f5bbf35ac64051722
Blade wrote:I've just woken up, so forgive me. But at the moment, while reading the event as a whole from the looks of it, it feels like a soft reset with very little meaning to it. Outside of mass fighting and potential resets for certain people, I feel like there won't be a meaningful reason for people to join outside of "I don't like my character" or "heh, WW4 boner engaged". Is there anything that might be related to hard resetting the world if things pan out a certain way? For small tiers, whats the point of wanting to engage in the event outside of gaining power? Are there going to be many if any Pillar characters that get reset? A large problem with the site's power scaling is that there's a mass of Pillar characters and 0 tiers that just very clearly outclass the rest. In this case, are they gonna stick around or do you think people will willingly reset all the progress they've taken with them? I might just be too tired but I can't personally see what someone like me (only using me as an example, trying to find a medium for others to get moving as well so don't mind my characters) with only lowish tier characters to take part outside of "I don't like this about my character". Even then, I'd just make a better one I like a lot y'know? I'm interested in what you/staff think on that note if you have the time.

I feel this is being focused way too much on the voluntary character reset like Tsubine said. The purpose of the event is to allow the world itself to have a reformation and for the birth of new development to be had in characters. I'd use my small/mid-tier characters like Adam/Yoko/Shatari to have engaging personal plots or event plots. Since, for instance, I could have Yoko take part in the event, lose memory of herself, create sub-event threads, plot with others and try to have those who want to get closer to her help the woman find out who she is while the conflict is going on and create more meaningful connections to characters by having people at her side at her weakest.

It's up to you what you make of the event and what connections you can make for your character in my opinion. There is a lot of potential from this event from a story point of view and I have things planned even for my 0 tiers that could prove interesting in terms of story/character development due to this simply being a trigger to ignite things on the site.

***Also, this isn't random.***

I say that because these are taking it's roots in most of the large-scale events that have occured on the site, summoning the effects from it and causing an impact on the site due to how much most of the abuse of power has been throughout the world and having ramifications for prior events. This isn't something that is taking place because one thing the sky randomly dropped, it's made possible through the progression of the site's conflicts.

Blade wrote:Alright, after more thinking and reading Tsu's response I have more to bring up. As far as the artefacts are concerned, I feel like we might need to boost the number of them in order to create spread out conflict and to allow for the lower tiers to not be easily overwhelmed by the higher tiers on site. I also 100% agree if Tsu's comment about too many safe zones. I personally think that four Safe Zones would be a perfect amount. Shouldn't be too little that it doesn't allow people to get there but also not so many that it basically null and voids the purpose of the soft reset. Also, the fact that there are hundreds of territories and massive defense systems is important to comment on. If people try to pull "bullshit" and just throw them right back up or try to reclaim their territories with no force or conflict met, that might be a problem. I think staff would handle it just fine, just bringing it up is all.

And I'm fine with creating more artifiacts, lower tier threads and so on. That doesn't bother me imo since it could create more dymanic threads for most tiers across the spectrum. And I'll try to have a safe zone in each portion of the globe at the beginning. One for the South, East, West and NOrth portions of Earth and possibly other realms.

Furthermore, as far as getting the defenses and stuff back up, it should take some time to fully re-program them, get populations in order, manage out the conlfict and so on. It's not something that should happen over night and is meant to last over the duration of a few months.

THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:24 am
Furthermore, a lot of this deals more so to do with event design in the sense of allowing different roles to function while it takes place. @ the talk of big bad 0 tiers. I don't see it as an issue in this instance because of the fact that these characters are nukes. And, when you have nukes, people aren't inclined to blow each other off the face of the earth.

Yeah, they aren't shy about throwing punches and what not, but no one has a strong interest in obliterating everything; much like we have the potential to destroy the entire planet IRl, but we don't use our full potential.

So, with that mind, I could easily create different roles for varying characters to play and create different types of environmental or equipment based enhancements for lower tiers to even out the playing field. As, for instance, I could imagine lower tier stumbling upon something like an enhancement that helps to temporarily restrict or lower the max output of a person's energy to put them on an even playing field or something to that effect.

Not to mention, based on how things are set-up, there could be other portions of the event focused on controlling the side effects of the event, lower tier scattering out while the big bad/goods are distracted to conquer lands, having smaller relics for them to collect to take on big 0 tiers and etc. It all comes down to how the event is designed overall
Design, event management + communication are the most important things in events in my experience.
Design is important because you want something that gets people excited and levels out the playing field

Event Management is important as things need to be kept up to date with the event, threads need to be overlooked, sign-ups need to be looked at, reasons for people showing up etc

And then communication is important because 9 times out of 10 you are gonna resolve a lot of "big bad" issues by having people convey what they want in the thread and figuring out actual reasons for characters to show up and what they plan to achieve. The worse events I've had failed in those three major areas.

THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:40 am
***Also, I'm going to write down my outlines for how all of this connects in an updated post***

THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:55 am
[adm]Locking this since the feedback session for this second draft is over.[/adm]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum