Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wake Up [Shaoling, Yoruichi] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1Wake Up [Shaoling, Yoruichi] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Wake Up [Shaoling, Yoruichi] - Page 2 Empty Re: Wake Up [Shaoling, Yoruichi]

Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:47 am
Wake Up [Shaoling, Yoruichi] - Page 2 O56jPf1

SHAOLING

It felt to Shaoling as if Yoruichi was now doing exactly what she herself had done years ago. Holding onto some false image, refusing to accept the reality of who a person was. If she were a more jovial sort, she might have thought it was funny.

"I doubt that. Sui Feng was their ideal child, after all. They certainly wouldn't have approved of my time spent now on arts, on bringing my student out for a day to relax. I've made it a point to break the habits they instilled into me, even if I believe there's no changing oneself at the most fundamental level. The Feng would never tolerate the independence I strive for."

A faint bit of malice crept into her voice, then, her eyes narrowing. If Yoruichi wished to make this some sort of personal bout, then by all means, she would make it one.

"Nothing but determination and strength? Hardly. I have others to care for, others to learn from, even others that catch my eye once in a blue moon. The feelings I carry just aren't for you. Stop flattering yourself, acting as if you're still owed some place in my thoughts."

JUST A HUMBLE WARRIOR | END POST
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wake Up [Shaoling, Yoruichi] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Wake Up [Shaoling, Yoruichi] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:39 am
Wake Up [Shaoling, Yoruichi] - Page 2 HEADER_FILh0UMaIAsARBG

That expression shifted on a dime. As Shaoling started to spill, the strange look on Yoruichi's face.....seemed to blank, surprise showing instead, even ALARM. As if the woman was ... taken aback at what she was hearing. Especially that bit about what Shao had said at the end there. Striving for Independence? She tilted her head... seeming at a loss of words. Those brows....furrowing for a moment as the woman seemed to ..... struggle to parse what was being said.

Right up until she was done talking.

And an immediate smile spread out across Yoruichi's face. "You....someone caught your eye? You've been doing ART?! That's fantastic!" the woman's body language shifted in it's entirety, the vestiges of worry and concern melted away as if they had never existed to begin with, and suddenly energy bound up within Yoruichi as she smiled from ear to ear. "This student of yours.... I haven't really heard much about them. I knew I should have prodded Urahara about all that. Still, you taking them out to relax? That sounds adorable! I wonder if I could find them. No, I guess that's really up to you if you want me to meet them." She mused aloud, folding her arms across her chest and tapping her chin thoughtfully.

And then, finally, Yoruichi's eyes snapped back to Shaoling's and that smile softened just a little. and a sigh escaped her before it widened again. "I'm.....glad to hear all this from you. I thought you were still so clammed up. I even thought you might try lying to me. But ....you actually seem happy." She noted, her expression turning fond. "You always used to be so darn cloistered about what things you actually liked, even I had a hard time reading you. But now you're so....open." She paused and sighed, shaking her head for a moment before glancing back up to the woman and smiling once again. Practically seeming as if she had trouble containing her mirth.

"I know I don't have any right to be, but I'm proud of you Shaoling. This...... this is what I always wanted from you. I wanted you to seek strength because you WANTED to. Not because it was your duty. But I guess your...methods looked so much like your Family's that I just was worried. But well, I never WAS that good at reading you. But I guess that's expected when you let your feelings get mixed in when you try to teach someone." She sighed wistfully, shaking her head a bit before glancing back to Shaoling and perking her brows.

"Bah, I have to admit though I was a little disappointed, I thought you would say my name all disrespectful-like, or call me a name! I've always wanted to hear my name come out of your mouth without -sama or some formality attached to it. I guess I really should have recorded our fight back in the day." She noted with a playful grin, at least until tilting her head a bit.

"Still, I wonder. These people who caught your eye. HAve you talked to anyone about them? Probably not Kisuke... Your student maybe? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious. I always had my bets back in the day. Aside from all that Kisuke stuff I implied. That was just because I enjoyed seeing your face when I said it." She clarified with an impish smile.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wake Up [Shaoling, Yoruichi] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1Wake Up [Shaoling, Yoruichi] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:38 am

SHAOLING

And just like that, the whole pace of the conversation had changed. Shaoling didn't particularly care one way or the other, really, but at least she didn't have to plan for another potential fight before she'd recovered from the last one.

"If you want to speak with Yuujin, feel free. He's his own man. But I won't tolerate any interference in his training."

In a way, she felt as if she'd been thrown back in time, listening to Yoruichi speak so casually. Frankly, a conversation like this would have made her day when she was younger. Now, however, it was simply any other conversation. Shaoling considered that an improvement. In a way, she had to concede that Yoruichi was correct. She never would have been so forthcoming in the past. At least that was one habit she'd broken.

"Yes, I imagine you would love to relive that day. Personally, I intend to never repeat it. I've grown far stronger as Shaoling than I ever did as Sui Feng, in both body and mind. To be proud of myself is worth far more to me than knowing anyone is proud of me."

At the final note, however, Shaoling allowed herself the faintest, smallest smirk. Really, she could have kept all this entirely to her chest, but it seemed more amusing to speak her mind on it.

"Aside, hm? Shame. You would have been betting correctly back then. For a time, anyway."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wake Up [Shaoling, Yoruichi] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Wake Up [Shaoling, Yoruichi] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:05 pm
Wake Up [Shaoling, Yoruichi] - Page 2 0158-018_HEADER_

She couldn't help but chuckle lightly at that and offered a warm smile. "Yuujin? A nice name, and of course! I'm probably past the point where I should be training anyone anyway. You're probably a much better teacher than I ever was." She noted with a light sigh, thinking back to when she'd learned that Shaoling had arrived to the notion of Shunko without her having ever even told her about it. Even with her own innovations she'd made on the technique she hardly imagined she'd probaly done as much with it as some of these new young people had.

However at the mention of 'reliving that day' Yoruichi made a face. "Are you crazy? Absolutely not! Just because I liked you saying my name like a normal person doesn't mean I'd want to fight you again. It's bad enough seeing all these new younger gens showing me up, I'm content not getting my ass handed to me by you to remind me I'm getting old." She noted, folding her arms stubbornly at the very thought of it. "Far more? So does that mean that me being proud is worth at least a little?" She asked putting on a bit of a teasing smile before she glanced down over Shaoling's frame. "Ah, I really hope he just forgot about our bet though...." She murmured, more to herself than the woman infront of her.

Of course, when Shaoling went and added that LAST bit Yoruichi blinked COMPLETELY floored that she would EVER admit to THAT! "Eh?! I mean, I knew that, but still! Hearing it from you directly is bizarre! Though I hope you know he probably heard that." She paused and glanced around them. She hadn't been down here before so who knew what kinda 'precautionary'' surveillance features it had. All the same... she looked back to Shaoling and smiled fondly. "So what do you plan on doing now? Aside from becoming robocop. You're a new you, no longer attached to the Gotei for the time being. Do you have any plans? " she ventured, nodding toward the injuries the woman had sustained as well as tilting her head just a bit.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:21 pm

SHAOLING

"I'm certain he already knew, anyway."

Shaoling simply took it in stride, certainly not going out of her way to keep the conversation on something as trivial as the people she was attracted to. Well, she supposed in a sense it was staying there for just a touch longer.

"Plans? None at the moment, but a few have certainly crossed my mind. Given my employer is now a member of the Gotei again, I need to consider what that means for me. The vice captain of the 1st division certainly seemed eager to have me, if our bout was any indication."

Really, Shaoling wasn't even certain what she wanted to do. Returning to the Gotei should, by all accounts, have been a significant blow to her pride. Crawling back after having been gone only a few years, and leaving in silence, no less. But, at the same time...

"I'm not opposed to leading again, if I think it would be worthwhile. The insect who last held the position is gone, at least. But I won't return if I think Yuujin and I will be stifled."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:34 pm
Wake Up [Shaoling, Yoruichi] - Page 2 0158-018_HEADER_

"True, but there's a difference between knowing something and hearing it out loud. I can already iumagine the big ol grin on his dumb face." She noted shaking her head and smiling a little to herself before glancing back at Shaoling. Hmmm.

She'd suspected that was going to be the case, but she still felt weird hearing it. Urahara back in the Gotei, guh... it felt weird, especially after all these two hundred years. She itched the back of her neck and sighed a little. "That certainly makes sense. Murasaki certainly seems to have it in her head to bolster things back up. Even if that means digging up diniosaurs like Kisuke." She murmured lightly.

She paused, glancing back to Shaoling and offering a fond smile as the woman openly voiced her potential willingness to head back into such a position. "Is that right? I certainly think the Gotei could benefit from having you in it again. But well... you have a point in that last bit. Regardless of Murasaki's intentions of how the Gotei should be, there's still a lot of other things to consider. The place barely looks like it did a hundred years ago, though you'd probably know that better than I do." She noted thoughtfully. In no small part she was a little glad nobody had similar to Shaoling andUrahara, wound up showing up to approach HER about all these sorts of things. But ....well...

She smiled ruefully. That probably just went to show that she wasn't the only one who thought her unfit for that sort of position these days. even so.... she felt a lot....lighter....seeing Shaoling like this. Glad that her own mistakes hadn't permanently fucked the woman up. And she caught herself staring a little bit. It was just.... nice....seeing her like this. A person. Somehow having managed to pick all the little pieces up and put them back together with gold. IN no small way.... it was ...inspiring. And she wondered if one day she'd be able to look at herself with this same level of pride.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:03 pm

SHAOLING

"It's certainly not the Gotei you or I served. But that's the only reason I would consider returning, so we'll see. I have no intention of accepting anything less than captaincy, and while I've heard the current commander gives ample leeway for each squad, what she thinks is enough may not be what I think is enough."

Shaoling certainly wouldn't be committing to anything simply on account of one good time. She owed Erika the consideration, and nothing more than that. Part of her thought she ought to simply challenge the commander outright, but if she had trounced Erika so thoroughly, then Shaoling doubted it would really be much of a fight at all.

Hm. She supposed there was something to learn, in that sense, anyway.

"Other than Yuujin, I have no obligations or relationships tying me to any one place. If I can operate as I see fit, I'll return. That she's been so resolute in having Urahara return certainly speaks to her dedication, if nothing else."

All simply commentary, nothing set in stone. Even if Shaoling herself was firm, decisive, she was still a woman who kept every possibility in mind until a decision truly needed to be made.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:29 pm

Yoruichi raised her brows slightly at that. She was aware, to an extent about the situation a couple months ago when she'd been checking in with her Family. However, it seemed that quite a bit had happened since then. "Huh, that's certainly an interesting approach." She pondered, certainly giving a degree of freedom to Captains was something to be said, but that wasn't necessarily always a good thing. She could think of a NUMBER of Captains in the past who would have caused a considerable hassle if given such autonomy. She wondered a little herself what it'd be like. There'd be a lot to learn. And an impish little smile crossed her features. How fun that would be, maybe even start from the bottom and work her way up. Unseated Member Yoruichi Shihoin. Nah that's a little too crazy. But fun tho.

"Do you plan on talking to the Commander herself about this?" she ventured, glancing back to Shaoling. On one hand, Soi had always been the type to be direct about this kind of thing. But well, she was also full of surprises these days, so she wouldn't count her predictions certain. "I really should speak with Urahara actually now that I think about it. He wouldn't have agreed to this sort of thing without being more in the know. Maybe he knows something we don't about this whole Murasaki business. I know enough about her to imagine that her .........progressive mindset is genuine. But well, I Haven't seen her in person since she became Captain Commander." And well, give someone a bit more power and sometimes things bubbled up to the surface. Murasaki seemed earnest enough. But once upon a time, so did Sousuke Aizen. Rest in Muken, pissboy.

"Well, I think I've infringed on enough of your training for one evening. I appreciate you giving me some of your time. Hopefully you don't mind me stealing a bit more now and then." She sighed, a brief playful smile playing across her features, making it clear that she'd be checking in now and then. "Actually that reminds me. What's your student like? Should I keep my guard up when I go meet him?" she asked, a bit intrigued. What sort of person would garner Shaoling's approval? Either someone very determined or very stupid. Maybe both.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:08 pm

SHAOLING

"I'll take a trip up to speak with the commander some time soon, yes. Yuujin could use a break, so he can take a day off while I go."

It certainly seemed this was coming to an end, and that was perfectly fine with Shaoling. She had a few more things that needed doing tonight anyway, and while she would have liked to push her body to its utmost limit, healing wasn't nearly so kind to a training regimen as she'd have liked.

"Feel free. Conversation doesn't distract me. As for Yuujin, he's willful. He came to my division asking if I was as good as he'd heard. I intended to push him until he quit or keeled over, but he hasn't done either yet."

She'd never say it aloud, but she was certainly proud of him. He was intelligent, hard-working, and free of all the baggage that she'd found herself with at that age.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:30 pm

Yoruichi nodded lightly at that, smirking just a little at that phrasing. 'Could use a break'. She could only imagine how she drove a student of her own, and well, her later description kinda confirmed her suspicion. She could only imagine what that would be like.

"I'll be sure to do that~ And huh.... kinda sounds familiar."" She murmured. She had thought something similar about Ichigo once upon a time. The man certainly seemed bold based on how she described them meeting. "Well, I'll be sure to wave if I see him. He doesn't scare easily does he?" She asked with a tilt of her head, and an innocent smile. Surely if he hung around the Shoten he'd have probably triggered one or two of Urahara's favorite little jumpscares by now. That impish nature was probably one of the prime qualities they shared. She absolutely was considering spooking this Yuujin fellow. Or at least seeing if she could.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum