Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue999999/999999A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk]

Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:41 am
A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 2 6EdIfMt

ENTER THE DEPTHS

Artist: N/A - Song: N/A - Word Count: 600~

"You're quite the jester for an alien I will admit Valentine. I assume it's not you're real name, is it Marvin the Martian? Honestly though I personally think that form of communication seems so much more efficient, words take so long and it's so easy for the meaning to be skewed but I can understand why you'd find it enjoyable. I suppose when you're visiting somewhere new you see things through rose-tinted glasses."

Chifuyu let out a sweet smile in response to his grin at calling her an earthling. Finding it almost egging her onto want to retort in a manner but for now she was keeping herself businesslike towards him. For now was the key word though. She crossed her legs and watched him for a little bit longer while he tried to argue that he'd never even heard of the spiritual cycle which given the understanding of the collective he gave her she could compare that to their death. The magnitude wasn't something he could really compile easily without it being found it and it would justify the martians not being part of the soul cycle if they did not pass on per say. The more she thought about it the more it began to make sense to her about what he claimed.

"I see. If that's the way you want it. Let's test your theory against me."

Standing up to him she leaned in quite close to him and put them in a sort of hugging position with her forehead against his and leave her face lingering in front of his with a playful grin. While her hand gently pressed itself against his stomach and her figure kept it firmly there and out of sight.

"Don't take it the wrong way Valentine. You wanted my best shot so keep you're eyes on mine and don't look down."

Cryptic as it was she activated her strongest ability which she hadn't got many opportunities to use before but at the same time it wasn't something she wanted so easily visible hence hiding it with their bodies and not giving him the chance to even see what she was doing. In the time she began to try and breakdown reality and induce a force strong enough to send him flying a good hundred metres away from them so needless to say when it didn't happen her face did show a kind of genuine surprise bordering on mild.

"My My. I read somewhere that Martians used to be dissected to study, granted that was all popular culture but you Valentine I wouldn't mind seeing what went on inside you"

There was a kind of teasing to her voice as she removed herself from him and looked at her hand that had returned to normal while stretching it and looking at it in thought. Naturally she wondered if there was something wrong with it but she did not believe in coincidence where it would just happen to not work after he proclaimed being immune to anything of the spiritual nature.

"Alright. You have me convinced. You are definitely not normal and given the nature of the Collective I will take your word on all you have said. So on that note, now that you have me convinced little green man let's get to the point and then we can get associated better because you are quite fascinating and well-worth the time spent with you"

Template By:
[THEFROST]

A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 2 Gamma_Signature
A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 2 CHARACTER_LISTA Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 2 GRAPHICS_THREADA Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 2 TIMELINE_THREAD
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk]

Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:18 am

A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 2 4nWo3qE

Valentine

Artist: Angelo Badalamenti - Song: Twin Peaks Theme - Word Count: 381

“Oho~ You're pretty perceptive, Miss Yuudeshi. That's right, Valentine's not my real name. Don't think you could quite pronounce it if I told you though, Earth languages don't quite have the sounds to do it. But I'd be willing to bet nobody back home could say your name either, took me a few tries to get it right myself.”

That wasn't exactly the kind of thing most people would just admit out and out, but what did Valentine have to hide about that? It's not like he was embarrassed about it, why would anyone expect him to speak a language he'd only recently learned? Of course, recently was a pretty relative term, all things considered. He'd had a few decades now, but learning every language off the internet wasn't what he'd have called one of his easiest studies. Oh, well, now what was she doing?

Valentine was, frankly, pretty surprised at Chifuyu's closeness, considering that this level of physical contact was not exactly what one would call normal back home. He didn't let it show, of course, and let the Collective take the focus on trying to process that whole interaction. He was pretty sure this was what people did when they were trying to “put the moves on” as he'd seen some Earthlings call it. Was that what she was doing here? No, she was just trying to keep his attention. Well, he supposed that, at least in a sense, she'd certainly distracted him, though more with his own thoughts.

To say he did not notice her attempt to send him flying was patently untrue. The Martian did, after all, have spiritual awareness courtesy of the Elders. But as always, the energy simply avoided him, as such supernatural effects did not have any place influencing his body. With his characteristic smile, he watched Chifuyu for a moment before replying, faintly amused as she looked to her hand.

“Dissection? I'd have to say I'll pass on that one, Chifuyu. I'd rather keep all my insides, well, inside. Besides, maybe I've got a few secrets in store there, can't be giving away everything about home.”

That was, of course, entirely untrue. His anatomy was, while definitely different from a normal human's, only slightly modified to resemble that of his people. It had more been changed to allow him a comfortable life on the red planet, to eat their food and breathe their air without dying a horrible death. Anything else was just adaptation over time.

“If we're getting to the point, though, I think I could be a pretty big help to you. You with the Vanguard have been fighting the demons off for a long time now, haven't you? And I think that's noble. Everyone on Mars does, really. We had a war of our own once, left us...well, I'm sure you've seen pictures. Can't say we'd like to see the same happen to our neighbors over here. So we'd like to do what we can to help you out with that whole problem. Can't just give you everything, but I think you know just from what you've seen that we can be quite the asset.”

Coding in Template By:
https://www.platinumhearts.net/u1
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue999999/999999A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:51 pm

ENTER THE DEPTHS

Artist: N/A - Song: N/A - Word Count: ~~~

The Warden took a moment to muse at the fact that her attempt using reality matrix was completely ignored, forming a crystal in her hand the young woman idly tossed it up and caught it a few times while turning to give an amused look towards him presumably towards the joke about dissection he had just made. Catching it and finally ending the cycle of the stone she dropped it on the ground and discarded it, she had thought about throwing it at him but that was a compromising act. Her own curiousity could've caused problems with him if she threw a stone at him and actually injured him.

"You're essentially just the emissary Valentine? That's a little amusing that they'd send one person as their Vanguard, are you perhaps the champion of the Martian people? Curiously though I can't really imagine that martian anatomy would be so close to humans, that's not the way biology works. The probability for almost identity physical characteristics being so close of the two planets isn't likely. Is this a faux body? Alternate form? Puppet?"

Chifuyu didn't mean to interrogate him, even if her questions were incredibly invasive and direct towards him and his people. Granted she was a scientist and a person that loved to break down mystery and understand things. It was a flaw that she pursued knowledge quite carelessly as the martian would probably come to learn quickly.

"That's an interesting thought though. What has Mars concerned about our well-being? There have been many other conflicts, ignoring even the physical ones of just people before the spiritual realm encroached on the living. What circumstances have changed to make them want to intervene now? Regardless your help is still appreciated."

Offering her hand for him to take while she began to walk to nowhere in particular. She was just in the mood for a stroll with him while they talked and he held her hand before. So she'd entertain the strange man for a bit.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 2 CHARACTER_LISTA Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 2 GRAPHICS_THREADA Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 2 TIMELINE_THREAD
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:10 pm

Valentine

Artist: Angelo Badalamenti - Song: Twin Peaks Theme - Word Count: 329

"Aha, is that what they call a pun? Clever, clever~ I like that. But I wouldn't quite say I'm the 'champion' of Mars. I'm a little too young for that. Maybe in time, though. It'd certainly be an honor."

Valentine smiled at that, clearly unperturbed at his lacking that title. It was true, after all. At only 8000 or so he was nearly still a child. He most decidedly did hope to one day become such an esteemed member of the Collective, and it was true that he already held a position that no others could boast, but to go beyond was still quite a way off. He returned his attentions to Chifuyu once more, realizing his thoughts were straying away, his cheery grin diminishing not one iota.

"You have some good questions, and I wish I could answer them all, but unfortunately I can't do that quite yet. Some things just have to stay a secret, you know? But, I can at least tell you a little bit. All that spiritual influence actually is why we're here now. We originally wanted to come during... You call it World War 3? But we weren't sure what we would even have been dealing with, so we stayed back and watched. It might not have been the best, and truth be told we could have come sooner, but we honestly didn't know what to do. We're not quite familiar with that side of things, like I've said."

He picked up a touch more as Chifuyu offered her hand, and he took it with no hesitation as the two continued on their way through the park. This was quite nice, this sort of interaction.

Coding in Template By:
[/quote]
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:23 am

ENTER THE DEPTHS

It was an interesting quirk, seeing Valentine react in the alien ways and yes that pun was intended. Watching how even the most simplest of things being seen in a light of wonder and it gave her a feeling of feeling of regret that she never really had these feelings for herself. Things had never captivated her, at least not the simple things like Valentine was able to appreciate. For herself all these things lacked anything to them unlike more complex subjects as a child. But his ability to just get amazed by things and appreciate them was one of the things she liked the most about him so far.

"Why sell yourself short though? As far as I'm aware you're the only martian here, if you're the only one here wouldn't it stand to reason that you're a martian champion? You're uncontested for the position after all, at this point you're the martian everything on Earth."

If the man tried to sell himself short or ignorantly miss her playful quip at him then all she really could do was give him a jab in the gut, assuming it was where his diaphragm was but she really didn't know for sure with martian physiology but it stood to reason if he had taken a human form in the first place they'd copy the physiology as close as possible. The intention was just to push a bit of air out of his chest and serve as a cue for him to think about what she said more and get the point of it being a joke across.

"Don't worry Valentine, I understand, there's things I can't talk about myself either with you so you're not the only one with secrets space boy"

Giving him a wink full of mischief at hoping to attempt to entice his curiousity to make the feeling mutual even though it might not have worked, for all she expected he might've just missed the point altogether as it flew over his head. Still her ears were focused on his words more than the sweet sounds of nature around them.

"I see. Makes sense, it's alright though since what point is there really to getting concerned over what might've been in hypotheticals. There's only the here and now and you're here now. I guess that's all that matters right? But there must be some things you can talk to me about like I don't know.... How about your favourite colour? Favourite Earth food? All that trivial stuff."

While she had taken the conversation in a new direction there was a means and a method to what now appeared to just be small talk and chitchat you might expect one to ask a date they'd just met but for her it wasn't as simple. Sizing up Valentine's character was an important part of this meeting, especially if she were to formulate a means on how to handle him after it.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:14 pm

Valentine

Artist: Angelo Badalamenti - Song: Twin Peaks Theme

With a laugh, Valentine shrugged rather amusedly at Chifuyu’s point. She wasn’t wrong, at least not entirely. Of course, he was no longer the absolute single member of the Collective on Earth. He had naturally brought a few of Earth’s creatures into the fold, to serve as a few other pairs of eyes when he needed them. But considering those were drone-caste at best, and had not been born on the Red Planet, he had to concede that his date was still correct.

“I guess you’re right. ‘Champion’ still feels a little bit wrong, though. I think a more accurate term in some Earth tongue would be...mm, maybe the Japanese ‘eiyuu?’ The closest in English that comes to mind is ‘beacon.’ It’s not something I could quite convey to an Earthling, I think.”

He briefly considered explaining it through water, but that was probably a bit much, especially for someone who wasn’t exactly used to learning in such a manner. Thankfully, it seemed his female companion was willing to accept his secrecy (for now, at least), and as she went to punch him in the stomach, he responded by simply creating a wall of force a bit away from his stomach, manipulating it much like a hand so as to now hold both of Chifuyu’s, and he turned to look her in the eye as he answered her other questions.

“My favorite color? Ah, a rusty red, there’s no doubt of that. This blue planet is quite pretty and all, but that red reminds me so much of home. As for my favorite food, I couldn’t quite say yet. The meals here are not too different from what we have at home, you know. I’ve seen a lot of your planet’s fiction depict extraterrestrial food as some sort of disgusting goop, but we have meats and vegetables and spices just like you do. I like what you call stews, they’re hardy and simple.”

Valentine seemed comfortable talking about home, and indeed his omnipresent smile seemed just a touch more genuine. Of course, he was an enigma through and through, and it was impossible to really say just to what degree he was being honest, if indeed he was at all. Nevertheless, he spoke calmly and freely, and he could not deny it was pleasant to speak like this.

Coding in Template By:
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:42 pm

ENTER THE DEPTHS

"Is that more accurate? Hmm."

Hearing him correct her by trying to reach the closest noun in a human tongue for her to understand better. As far as her language barrier allowed. Nodding to herself as she decided that she had got an idea as far as she could the young woman's attention returned to the martian with her.

"Huh?"

Chifuyu looked down when she thought a hand had grabbed her but it wasn't really a hand. It was like an invisible force was holding her while he casually seemed at ease. Chifuyu's interest had peaked more and she looked her hands while making an effort keep her attention on his words instead of trying to analyse his display of telekinetic generation.

"Rusty Red is nice and stews? Have you ever tried making it? Most fiction really does it as disgusting goop? I've not really seen much fiction in that niche and uh... At what point do you decide to release me?"

Meeting his gaze and looking down to lead his attention back to her hands Chifuyu waited to see if he would comply. Even though she didn't really mind at the moment, the force holding her did feel like her hands even though it would probably look a little strange to anyone that stumbled upon them as unlikely as that was.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:26 pm

Valentine

“I can't say I've cooked anything here on Earth yet, no. I'd love to, maybe when I have a little spare time to myself. But for now there's many more important things to be looking at, wouldn't you agree?”

Smiling at Chifuyu's obvious interest in his having taken her hand with only his psychic ability, Valentine simply shrugged, replacing the entirely imagined hold on her hand with an actual, proper one. That was to say, he was now simply standing facing her, both of her hands in his, with quite the handsome smile on his face.

“Should I be releasing you? We extraterrestrials have something of a reputation for abduction, you know. Taking people and disappearing for months at a time, experimenting on them, studying, all before dropping them on Earth with their memories erased. I was under the impression you may have had such a thing in mind.”

Valentine's delivery of all that was...well, fairly deadpan, actually. In truth, he could have very easily just kept his serious facade up, pushing any amusement off to his drones or to the rest of the Collective. But he liked Chifuyu, she seemed like a nice girl, and so his smile returned and, though it was a bit strange-sounding coming from someone unfamiliar with the act, Valentine laughed cheerily at his little joke.

“Ah, but in truth I simply think it is nice having this little contact with you. We have not much of that at home, you know. It is such a foreign idea.”

Coding in Template By:
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:19 am

ENTER THE DEPTHS

Hearing Valentine's comments about cooking she realised that she had done very little cooking herself, in the sense of food. Chifuyu didn't really need to eat food that much so it was more a thing she did occasionally for the feeling and memory rather than actual need and there was the idea in her mind that she could extend an offer to him doing so but he seemed to have made mention to her attention directed at her restrained hands.

"I suppose there is Valentine."

When he had replaced his psychic force with his actual hands and seemed to extend a drawn out and stereotypical concept of an alien abduction she reacted with what was probably more enthusiasm than what one would normally have and seemingly oblivious attempt at humour on the topic.

"I'll let you explore me if I can explore you."

Even though it could probably be interpreted as an innuendo she did mean it literally and the thought of being in a room with him for months and researching him was a very exciting thought in the way a mint condition old comic book excited a geek.

With his reveal of a lack of physical contact she looked at him thoughtfully before she nodded while trying to figure it out, she wondered if he was just a psychic entity inside a human body rather than a physical form, he had displayed psychic-esque abilities and the more he spoke of himself the more pieces she put in the ever growing and changing puzzle her mind was making on Valentine and martians.

"Oh. I see, if you like it so much you can touch me all you want. I don't really mind and consider it a bonding experience, I think we'll be working together a bit don't you? So we should try to get along."

Chifuyu extended the offer while she remained stationary and watched him intently, not necessarily meeting his gaze or watching his face but closer to his overall frame to see if he took it up and see what kind of character the alien was if he was given such a chance.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:50 pm

Valentine

Valentine was, in fact, actually a bit perturbed at Chifuyu's obvious enthusiasm for the idea of such an alien abduction. He didn't let that show, of course. But that was, to his understanding, a fairly negative turn of events, and Chifuyu seemed...well, all too happy about it. Did she understand the full extent of it? That was stupid, of course she did. These Earthlings were...so very strange.

“Aha, well then, Miss Yuudeshi, then it would seem you and I will not be doing any exploring just yet.”

Very protective of his secrets was the Wizard of Mars, that much was quite abundantly clear. His tone had become just as secretive as it was when they began their conversation, like an oyster slamming shut when someone had come to take his pearl. Truth be told, it really wasn't that he minded very much if she did happen to study his insides. The only difference was that he was adapted to handle Martian food, and to live with much less oxygen than a human could manage. But it was the principle of the thing.

“Is that so? If you insist, I suppose I must accept your offer.”

Many were the thoughts of the Old King regarding where he would touch. He'd read about the female form extensively on Mars, being that of course he had never seen an Earth female prior. Valentine was fully aware of where would be considered a questionable place to touch, what might have been “flirtatious” or what have you. But, ultimately, he simply raised a hand, bringing it to Chifuyu's face and caressing her cheek with surprising gentleness. He had even lowered his usual field of Emancipation specifically there, just so that he could experience the full extent of such contact. It was...

Strange.

Coding in Template By:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum