Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue999999/999999A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 3 Empty Re: A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk]

Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:53 pm
A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 3 6EdIfMt

ENTER THE DEPTHS

Artist: N/A - Song: N/A - Word Count: ~~~

When Valentine shot down this whole talk of study and research it was pretty disappointing, albeit a strange thing for a person to be so enthusiastic about but Chifuyu was a bit of an anomaly of a person. Even if she saw nothing out of the ordinary she could still get to know what a martian looked like inside but he was secretive which she understood and figured, she didn't let most of her body aspects be very well known either.

Still to have a martian research her body would be an interesting one, maybe being able to gain an insight that she as a human couldn't notice about the effects of the hogyoku on her.

"What a shame Valentine, you shouldn't tease a girl like that."

If it wasn't for the fact he was holding her hands she would probably have folded them across her chest and pouted but in this circumstance only the frown would have to do until it disappeared with him accepting her offer and moving his hand to caress her cheek and hold it there.

She had been touched a lot in her life, hugged and all that but having her cheek caressed was one of the more obscure ones that she rarely saw - especially from a person she had met so recently. Chifuyu looked at him thoughtfully while letting him linger after a brief moment she tried to return the gesture and see how he reacted to the mimicked action. Monkey see monkey do after all.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 3 Gamma_Signature
A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 3 CHARACTER_LISTA Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 3 GRAPHICS_THREADA Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 3 TIMELINE_THREAD
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue16000/1A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 3 Empty Re: A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk]

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:11 pm

A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 3 4nWo3qE

Valentine

Artist: Angelo Badalamenti - Song: Twin Peaks Theme

“Tease? I would never dream of such a thing. We people of Mars scarcely even have an idea of something like teasing, you know. It's a little difficult to do with how we interact. I find it such an interesting aspect of interaction here on Earth. Perhaps I should try it, then.”

Valentine found that this touch on Chifuyu's cheek was something he wished to put an end to just yet. He supposed this was what one might call “liking” something, but that seemed so very odd a thing to attribute to the act of physical contact, especially to the extent he was currently engaging in. Almost never did he experience anything at all on this planet in such a raw way, and it being this woman...”strange” could not possibly begin to describe it in his mind.

More strange, then, was the moment that the gesture was returned in kind. A thousand thoughts ran through his mind as he saw her hand move toward his face, and he admittedly had to outsource a great deal of the thought onto the Collective as a whole. What did they think? What did he think? That was incredibly unclear to them all. So many new experiences, all at once... New experiences. That was part of why he had come to Earth, wasn't it? And so as Chifuyu's hand reached his cheek, Valentine removed the Emancipation from his face as well, allowing her to touch not merely the field that surrounded his body, but his own body in itself.

“I imagine this is not a new experience for yourself, is it, Miss Yuudeshi?”

Coding in Template By:
https://www.platinumhearts.net/u1
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue999999/999999A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:27 pm

ENTER THE DEPTHS

"You should try everything Valentine, why draw lines on in this foreign place and not indulge in all of it. You should try to learn all you can, I can teach you if you'd like... and if you'd like you can teach me your culture too."

If she couldn't study him like she wanted to maybe she could find some compromise where she could at least exchange information and thoughts with him about each side of the coin. Even though at the minute she was already entertaining a new experience and feeling for him. He seemed quite into this touching her cheek business. When she returned the act and he responded she had to give it some thought. She had been touched and touched a lot in her life as it was normal on Earth but not really like this.

"It depends Valentine, here your actions can speak as words and convey things. For example there's violent touching, sexual touching, professional touching and really it comes down to the circumstance that determines the intention behind it. So I've touched and been touched but not really like this scenario."

Having said her thoughts for him to mull over she ran her hand a little more freely, running it down his cheek and down the side of his neck to rest on his shoulder while she let him do as he pleased for the moment and his response to her words.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Last edited by Gamma on Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total

A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 3 CHARACTER_LISTA Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 3 GRAPHICS_THREADA Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 3 TIMELINE_THREAD
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue16000/1A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:58 pm

Valentine

“That is true. But I'm not only here to be a normal Earthling, you know. I am ultimately but a part of Mars. Those experiences are quite alien to us, much as ours would surely be to you. I seek them out as a manner of fitting in.”

It wasn't entirely clear how much of that was true. Valentine himself knew it was wholly a lie. He had been very much intended to integrate into the society of Earth as best he conceivably could. But it seemed as though this culture was far more outlandish than he had initially expected. Here, at least, with Chifuyu, he could be direct in just how uncanny it was to him, all these things that passed for normalcy on the blue planet.

“Such weight on the merit of actions is peculiar to me. Intent has always been so very easy for me to convey, and to understand. These ideas of reading into the meaning of a touch are quite difficult to grasp, you must understand. But...perhaps I could show you more closely what I mean, hm?”

Of course, Valentine had several of his drone-caste doves around the place still. He could have easily simply brought over another bit of it to share this idea. But another thought crossed his mind, one that he was at least partially sure would work perfectly well. He had never actually tested it, for obvious reasons. It would be a good method of testing the true extent of his Water Communication, regardless. He brought but a single drop of water from the river, thankful for the eyes of his doves, and caught it in his mouth quite naturally. Then, with all the smoothness of...well, an alien who had never done this before, but had decidedly seen a significant amount of writing regarding the matter, he leaned forward, idly noting that Chifuyu was a touch taller than he.

“I do hope you do not mind sharing another memory too terribly.”

Coding in Template By:
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:30 am

ENTER THE DEPTHS

"Hmm, seeking them doesn't mean you don't indulge in them. You'll never learn what it means if you don't experience it and only observe it. Such is the same way I'll never fully understand what it's like to be a demon unless I was to become one or at the very least drown myself in their culture and world right?"

Although it probably sounded like a reiteration of her former point it challenged his words, so far he had not displayed the look of a man that wanted to just observe human nature from afar. If that was the case why would be accept her offer to touch? His interactions were far from "normal" human nature since he synced so well with her interactions which she wasn't restraining and that wasn't a common thing for her to encounter in a person. So really this meeting should've gone different if he observed and tried to act like a normal human he would've analysed with her. In the most basic sense, if he was getting along so well she justified to herself that he wasn't doing the "fitting in" thing very well.

"I understand, you're not used to so much weight being on interpretation on your part. Well, in concept. I have never actually experienced it so I will be happy to do it from you."

Observing how coolly he handled the action with a drop of water she pulled her head back a little when he leaned up to her for a moment as he continued to ask if she had any troubles and consensual issues which of course she didn't, she didn't care much about him poking around her memories, well most of them. Sensitive information and a few lingering personal ones were a bit of an issue but should be fine for what he had planned. Even so there was a lingering anticipation of what he'd do next since she was curious about this communication he spoke about.

"Why would I?"

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:14 pm

Valentine

“Mm... Yes, I do suppose that is a fair point.”

There was little else Valentine could say in response to that, and indeed he felt the overbearing gaze of the Elders upon him as his own will clashed with that of the Red Planet. He knew fully that Chifuyu was entirely correct in her argumentation, and perhaps unfortunately, so too did the rest of Mars. It was something difficult to fully convey in any Earth manner, but suffice to say it was something akin to a grand inquisition occurring all in the span of but a moment. The final verdict? That Valentine's trepidation was only standing in the way of their purpose for having sent him.

“Well, thank you kindly, Chifuyu. I suppose that does make this much easier, then. I must also confess that Mars as a whole has given me something that would do well to fully explain this, so I suppose that will assist in this a great deal. Now then, I must apologize for this, I am not well versed in these sorts of interactons. I am, after all, a man of Mars, and according to what I have seen written on Earth, women come from Venus.”

Of course, he did not wait any further before simply placing his lips upon hers, a kiss that was rather abundantly lacking in actual passion, being that Valentine was far from a passionate man, but which was if nothing else excellent in its form and technique. He had studied these things along with all other aspects of Earthling interaction before coming to Earth, after all. But more importantly than the kiss in itself was that it carried with it the single drop of water containing Valentine's thoughts to Chifuyu, something he was rather pleased with if nothing else.

Within that water (and by extension the kiss) lied the memory, quite vividly, of Valentine's veritable trial at the hands of the remainder of Mars, myriad upon myriad minds all focused upon him in that single moment that had carried with them only disapproval and a chastising reminder, that he was here to be a human, not a Martian. This was, unlike the prior shared memory, a much closer examination of the nature of the Collective for Chifuyu, one which showed its fullest scale and gave a glimpse as to the sensation of being linked with his people to such a degree. There was, of course, the secondary aspect of it, that it did inform her rather abundantly that Valentine was indeed in the wrong in his apprehension toward their touching. What she did with that knowledge was not something Valentine had particularly prepared himself for, but he accepted that it was likely out of his hands.

Coding in Template By:
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:47 pm

ENTER THE DEPTHS

"I'm not from Venus, that's a sill-"

Even though she felt like she should point out that it was just a silly thing that stirred from literature she was silenced in her attempt to point out his fallacy but that was a little hard since she had him kissing her. She wondered if it was necessary since it wasn't immediate and it was just a sneaky attempt to have his lips on her own but that drop of water that had previously deposited itself in his mouth was transferred at least from what she could deduce instead of being swallowed. The catalyst for what came next which was fairly difficult for her to put into words. While in concept she felt like she understood it if she were to describe it in a way people would understand she didn't think her planet had a language that could really do just that.

It's why even though his technique was on point which her own wasn't bad but after having that drop of water her lips would become more lax, their movements stopping which if the martian continued would probably find it change to a more awkward attempt while her mind was busy on other things and the motion of her lips were of little consideration for her while his foreign thoughts and feelings got digested until she pulled away if he hadn't already and looked at him thoughtfully before speaking.

"I don't really know what to say..."

Her admittance of being lost was embarrassing, it wasn't something she did normally. Even if didn't know something completely she could usually have an idea for how to respond to some of it. But she felt that anything she said wouldn't work, due to that way of communication which prompted really the only other thing that came to mind.

"Could you teach me how to communicate like that?"

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:55 pm

Valentine

Naturally, while Valentine was a pretty awkward guy, he was not so awkward as to continue past when Chifuyu had stopped, and as such he simply took the time she spent ruminating to study her. There was decidedly something about her that felt as though she could well have been a woman of Mars. She seemed so out of place, not unlike himself, and in a sense that was quite nice to see.

“Hm? Teach you to communicate through water? Ah, that is most certainly within my authority, yes. I am, after all, something of an authority on these things, even at home.”

With a smile, the Wizard of Mars quickly submitted the proper permisson-request to the Elders to share this knowledge with Chifuyu. Of course it was approved, for his own opinion of the girl was quite high, and his standing as the Emissary was high enough that none would doubt his judgement. Besides, this was far from induction into the Collective. It would give some fair insight into the nature of their people, certainly, but Valentine did not mind sharing that with the Yuudeshi girl. If anything, it would be good to have someone else to speak with in a manner he was more familiar with.

“But that is certainly no easy process, you know. There are steps to such things. How acquainted would you say you are with the nature of water?”

Coding in Template By:
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:33 am

ENTER THE DEPTHS

Hearing him agree to teach her and state it was within his authority for his interconnected collective mind that was his planet, more like a hive civilisation rather than a human one if she had to compare it to something but that is what came with being alien. When he asked her about how acquainted she was with water she considered how to respond. In a scientific manner? A philosophical one or one that conveyed the themes associated with water. Pondering with a small pout eventually she decided she should cover a bit of all to see if she was on a similar wavelength.

"It's comprised of hydrogen and oxygen. Most of the water on Earth has salt in it whereas there is very little fresh water. It has underlying themes of transformation and motion within a more ideological manner. There are isotopes of water that are used in nuclear reactions. Is any of that relevant to what you mean? If I am wrong then tell me... in your way."

While she gave a brief summary, there was a lot more she could keep going on with but decided not to. If she had not got what Valentine wanted to hear then she instead proposed he communicate it to her in his way, something she enjoyed for that sweet feeling of efficiency and understanding and hoping that she could simultaneously try and figure it out herself even although she doubted she could get it done so quickly. Chifuyu was dealing with foreign things here that would probably take more than one encounter to figure out. That also went in line with her actually preferring this streamlined method to talking, it didn't make her struggle or waste time trying to interpret things or put her words for other people to understand.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:16 pm

Valentine

Valentine listened to Chifuyu's explanation as to her perception of water, and while it was hardly what he personally would have said, it told him exactly where they stood on the matter. She had perhaps a faint idea of what water meant in the Martian way, but it would be a great deal of information to convey to her in a single thought. It would, in all likelihood, take more than one sharing.

“Well, I suppose that's all very scientifically accurate, isn't it?”

He couldn't help but chuckle as he made that remark, but it was obviously good-natured in its intention. After all, he was the alien in this situation. The stranger in a strange land, were he to make a rather on-the-nose literary analogy.

“Yes, those are quite true. And I will quite happily teach you all that water is to us in our way, but I should warn you now that I suspect it will be a great deal of information to take in. I could convey it all in but one thought if you wished, but I wouldn't want to overload you with that foreign of an intellectual impact. I could certainly split it into something akin to a lesson plan, if you'd like.”

The rest of Mars remained silent on this matter, at least. It was nice to see that they had returned to trusting in Valentine's judgement for the time, even if he had to concede that he had been in the wrong regarding their earlier point. Such an earthly physical interaction was foreign to them, and his and Chifuyu's kiss would, presumably, be stored in the Martian archives indefinitely, to be pored over in its every faintest detail.

For some reason, that faintly bothered Valentine.

Coding in Template By:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum