Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Keep Them Safe [Calypso/Ulv] Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Keep Them Safe [Calypso/Ulv] Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Keep Them Safe [Calypso/Ulv] Empty Keep Them Safe [Calypso/Ulv]

Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:05 pm

Keep Them Safe [Calypso/Ulv] 6EdIfMt

Artist: N/A - Song: N/A - Word Count: N /A

"There you go... Easy now..."

Calypso was in a bit of a pressing situation in the moment. She had returned to the forest within Japan, one time of many, to repeat the process of attempting to calm a Hollow. She had many trips into the forest, sometimes being forced to kill the creature, but this had to be the 5th trip or so since she interacted with her sibling. She had made considerable process in her goal, though the last few attempts ended in the creature refusing to go down and ending in her ripping it apart. Though she hadn't broken out into horrible crying as of recent, she was still rather down that she had to do such a thing. It was a dangerous thing she was doing, but now...

Swarms upon swarms of demonically crafted moths swirled around her and the creature that had approached her, her flesh constantly exerting itself to craft more and more, a pleasant aura exuding from her body as she poured a large amount of her energy into calming the creature. The hollow swayed to and fro as it's violent emotions seemed to simmer into a calmer stupor, as Calypso had her hands out, constantly assuring it to calm down and that she was there.

"That's it... Just calm down, okay? I'm not here to hurt you... Or be your meal."

Some moths safely landed on the creature, the humming of a lullaby filling the air of this cold, snowy night, as Cali kept her wits about her, til finally the dark being fell down in front of her, appearing to try to fight sleep but succumbing to the calmness, the appearance of yellow eyes leaving it's skull-like face as she assumed the creature was now sleeping.

She was breathing ragged, cold air constantly puffed from her pale lips, as her hair was rather messy, reflecting her mood, golden glowing eyes wide with surprise, her arms raised strained. The swarm settled down to rest in the snow, gently opening and closing their gorgeous golden wings, a few even landing in her hair as she fell onto her knees, staring at the creature resting before her. She placed a slow, gentle hand on it's mask as she panted.

"...Good god, did I do it? I did it?"

She was almost afraid to admit she did it, but such restraining emotions were swallowed by the loving emotions of Algos she felt, as she affirmed to herself with a satisfied nod, "..I did it."

She damn near slumped forward, falling on top of the creature, but she kept herself upright. She felt like she engaged in a serious workout routine, though it was more mental and metaphysical than physical.

"...That's just step one, and I barely got here.." She gently nodded to herself, speaking to the Hollow as if it could, in some dimension, hear her, "I'll help those like you, I swear.. I'll help everyone."

She remained there, pouring her calming aura in order to keep the beast settled, simply wishing to see how long she could keep it down.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Keep Them Safe [Calypso/Ulv] Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Keep Them Safe [Calypso/Ulv] Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Keep Them Safe [Calypso/Ulv] Empty Re: Keep Them Safe [Calypso/Ulv]

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:37 am

The Flame Of Hope

Artist: Carrotwine - Song: Dark Side Of The Road

On a stroll, having felt a familiar energy signature, Ulv was wandering about and eventually found Calypso. Mucking about with a Hollow again. Girl didn't learn from being a chewtoy last time huh? Ulv shook her head softly and took the beast out with a Cero, before walking over to Calypso and cocking an eyebrow at the Demon Girl. There was something different about her these days, her flame swirled around her body something in her blood resisted it's touch. Well, she was Astavaon, it was dangerous and foolish to get attached to her given the family she was in.

"Still messing with Hollows, huh? Not going to be around to save you all the time you know, and then what is going to happen other than you being dinner for some lovely Hollow or one of your family taking notice of your distress and coming to rescue you in a way that you really need to stay unrescued?" She walked up to Cali and sat down next to her, bathing in the sun and the strange feeling of feeling her Devil's Heart in Cali while also being kept away from her emotionally by the blood barrier.

"Other than that, how have you been?"

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Keep Them Safe [Calypso/Ulv] Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Keep Them Safe [Calypso/Ulv] Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:34 am

Calypso was bent over, trying to recover from the tremendous amount of energy she expressed, while still outputting the calming aura to help the beast remain calm and, preferably, asleep. She was happy she could at least accomplish this, though, her joy was cut short when the beast was rendered nothing but stardust by a Cero blasting from the thicket. Calypso was visibly surprised, not scared, just surprised, looking towards the source of the Cero. Her mind quickly caught that since there wasn't a second attack aimed at her, likely wasn't an enemy. Her gaze seemed to light up when she saw who it was coming from the dark, Ulv!

After listening to her speak about how her messing around with Hollows would probably get her killed if she was all alone, even if the look in the young one's eyes was weary, she had a smile on her face. As Ulv plopped down next to her and asked her how she was, she now took this as opportunity to unpack all the emotions she had in this moment.

"...Okay, one,"
She lifted one finger, her head falling into the snow's white embrace, screaming muffled by the frozen flurries as she quickly vented her frustrations mindlessly towards having the Hollow die despite her efforts. Some lovely catharsis was needed.

Her head lifted from the snow, some stuck to her hair, eyebrows, and even cheeks, gradually sliding off, "Haah, that's better. Two, I had the situation handled, even if you didn't show up and it woke up and got mad, I could take it." Her hand went down to her side as she loudly sighed, "That's what I had to do for my mountain of failures, after all. Three, I'm fine, snow is cold, snow is very cold. It is difficult when your body doesn't like jackets and rips one apart no matter how cute or new it is."

Feeling far better having unpacked all of those thoughts, she flopped in the snow, releasing an exaggerated sigh, moving her arms and legs as she continued to speak, making a very iconic shape; A snow angel. She smiled at Ulv rather kindly as she continued speaking,

"So how have you been? Good I hope."

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Keep Them Safe [Calypso/Ulv] Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Keep Them Safe [Calypso/Ulv] Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:40 am

The Flame Of Hope

Artist: Hammerfall - Song: Hearts On Fire

Cali did strange Cali stuff, because she was strange, and Cali. And then when she was done, she looked up and proclaimed she totally had that. The situation was handled, she said. It made Ulv pat her head and laugh softly to herself.
"You'd be surprised how many people have died over the years in a situation they had totally handled. Hollows are not toys, Hollows are not Pets, and Hollows are not to be played with. There are a lot of angry humans that you can try your Nurse Cali thing on that will not burn you with an acidic touch and then consume your soul if you mess up"

Finishing her matronly lecture, she released a bit of her Resolve Flame to warm the place up. Good thing that it was as much literally fire as it was metaphorical flame of passion, else she wouldn't be able to do such a thing. But what she could do was crack a smile and hold out a hand covered in amber flame.
"So, would you say that your greatest source of negativity is not having a warm coat that is able to keep up with your Demonic capabilities?" she had a teasing tone, but was not above such a frivolous use of her Devil's Heart. A simple fix like that would barely scratch her energy well, after all.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:17 am

Calypso did appreciate the gesture of headpats, lying comfortably in the snow as Ulv proceeded to state her piece on how Hollows weren't this or that, the young demon sighing, her body limp in the snow as her head shuffled to the side, cheek pressed against the cold snow. She felt a bit patronized by what the woman had said, her face expressing her disgruntled emotions in a rather cute manner; narrowed eyes and puffed cheeks.

"Of course they aren't toys or pets! If anything, I find such a sentiment to be totally insulting to apply to anyone. Especially something that was able to think like you or I. 'Toy' and 'Pet' are totally dehumanizing."

She sighed, her breaths no longer puffs of visible cold, as she let out that irritating thought, "Look, I get it, it's not the safest thing, not even close, but... This unrest is about to boil over, and i'm still not there yet. If I can't even get a hollow to calm down and save them from themselves, how can I save those in need?"

She looked a bit sadly at Ulv, "I have some aid now, but.. I need to be able to stand on my own two feet."

Her expression slowly switched back to a soft happiness, as she sat up, casually piling some snow into a mound and trying to shape it, "Though you didn't answer my question; How are you doing?" She didn't look up from what she was doing, staring rather intently at this snow, being shaped by her pale hands.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:23 pm

The Flame Of Hope

Ulv let the hand she offered burn for a few more moments then retracted it. The cold clearly not a bother enough to accept any aid for it. And instead cocked an eyebrow at Calypso when she replied. So foolishly.
"To dehumanise, they first have to be human. Hollows are simply massesof negative feelings. Feelings that have chained them to the mortal realm until it ate out their very heart and replaced it with nothing more than hateful instinct. You can crush this instinct with your powers, but as soon as you let go, they return. That's the thing about instinct. And it will not care for any feelings you have built up for it"

"You have picked the hardest, most near-impossible thing you can think of to challenge yourself as the first action. You are basically saying if you can't field strip a Neutron Repulsor Engine, replace the worn bits and get it back in the plane in less than an hour, then how will you ever be able to put up a shelf? It is not exclusively down to you and you alone to solve the entire world if it wasn't to rip itself apart. Everyone here is a grown adult, everyone here understands the consequences of the unrest they are causing, everyone here has made the choice to follow through with it regardless.

As for me, I am doing well. My usual Ulv stuff, which is find people who need help and use my considerably powerful,well honed abilities to help them. Not just run around like a headless chicken worrying about everything"

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:54 pm

Calypso didn't cease her little snow project, despite Ulv's words causing her heart to skip and sting. She remained concentrated on the task, as she then opened her mouth to introduce a response to such words, making careful sure to not weave her emotions into her response or opinion. Lighting her tongue aflame would veer such a talk into a bad direction, and the young one knew this very well,

"Even if you believe it to be near impossible for my current state, then what do you propose I should do?"
She spoke softly, swallowing the sensation to release tears as she continued fiddling with the snow, an occasional tiny tendril coming from her arms to whip a loosening piece of snow back into place, "Even if I can protect people, it isn't like they want or need my help. Some people, especially in a time like this, just want to be angry, or are already getting what they need, from people like you."

The thing she was crafting appeared to be complete; A rather simplistic, rather round dog sculpture, though who's white structure was soon permeated by her golden tears, dripping along it's head, "I don't resent that people are getting what they need from others... But... Just knowing I don't have my own legs to stand on, that, aside from one precious person, i'm not even needed.. Just makes me think, what do others expect i'm going to be?"

She seemed to pet the dog sculpture's head, like it was it's own animal, "Sometimes, it just feels like others expect me to.. Just be another Asthavon. Either broken beyond repair, or a monster. I don't want to be either. I want to be a positive, strong force in this world, smiling for everyone and keeping everyone safe and happy. Not a horrible creature that rips families apart and destroys entire civilizations.. And even if I don't want that, anyone who knows my name will just think I will. They just see another to-be monster, just a matter of time til I snap and give into some stupid curse of misfortune..."

She seemed visibly shocked when upon petting too hard, the snow pupper's head fell clean off. She stared at the sad mount that was once the cute head, soon covering her face and shaking her head, pulling a smile upon her lips, "But yknow what, I still want to try, regardless of other's judgement.. But... I just feel like.. I need to prove more than i'm capable of."

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:37 pm

The Flame Of Hope

"Sorry. Allow me to reiterate. It isn't nearly impossible in your current state. It is nearly impossible, flat. Even me, with my super near-omnipotent powers in that category would struggle. Anything permanent requires obscene amounts of power to change anything, and the more it changes, the more stringent restrictions you'll have on using that power as you wish. Mine, for instance, does fuck all if A: I don't get the person's permission to use it and B: They don't actually want me to fix their source of negativity for whatever reason. You get a Hollow that is coherent enough to give permission, and it's not going to want fixing because it's filled with instincts and desires that drive it towards wanting to keep doing this. And he can't beat his own head.

I am not going to be able to help everyone on this planet. Either because I can't get to them, or they won't give me permission, or they just don't want it. Don't feel that because I am here, you'll never be able to help anyone. Angry isn't a negative emotion by itself. Being controlled by it, is the negative aspect. You've seen it yourself, I am quite possibly the angriest person on this planet, and yet I am not crippled with negativity. Anger gets a bad wrap the same way anything that is abused by evil people gets.

A lot of people will make assumptions based off your family name. I did it when I first met you. But that, along with the power and experience needed to help people on the scale you desire, isn't going to come over night. I had a lot of friends help me and it still took me the better part of a year to get where I am. You aren't going to wake up one day and be the world's savoir with a host of powers perfect for that very choice. It'll be a slow build over many moons, and require much more patience than anything else. It is a rough path made twice as hard for who your family is. And if you let the enormity of your task overwhelm you then it only gets worse. The problem you have right now, is that need to prove yourself before there is something to prove.

You want everyone to stand in awe at your ability to fly, so you jump off a cliff, before being able to fly. You don't want to prove to other people that you can do this, you want to prove to yourself that you can do this, and that is ego. The greatest enemy of a selfless act. Accept everything that is given to you in thanks, but do everything without the expectation of that thanks. I know more than anyone what it means for yourself to succeed at this, but you can't rush it"

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:34 am

Calypso's mouth was shut as she listened to Ulv drop a rather loaded speech upon her, of how what she wished to accomplish with Hollows was impossible, even for someone as strong and as versed with dealing with negativity as Ulv. The girl felt her heart sink as the woman made it blatantly clear she was chasing a tail that there was no clear possibility of biting down on, ever. The lecture felt like dropping bricks made of reality upon her, and it just made her progressively sink into lying back down on the snow beneath her, as she was forced to contemplate the woman's words. Most of her desires were based in instinctual pulls that she somehow possessed, though was fully intent on acting upon, but in this moment she was forced to think a little more on herself.

"I don't want to do anything dumb like crowd please or some crap, I don't wanna do it for recognition." The girl began, staring at the night sky vaguely lit by Ulv's flames, "I don't want people to make that judgement about me at all. I want to set apart from my family, but even now, i'm still not over the fear of becoming like my Mama."

Her knees came up to her chest, hugging them and then obviously, coming onto her side from the lack of balance, a good loud slushing noise occurring when such a thing occurred, "I still have nightmares about it. I shouldn't be dreaming at all, but my mind does.. Weird stuff I guess." She chuckled, sighing and splaying her limbs out, gently shaking her head, "If it's really as futile as you state it to be, I won't intentionally go face to face with any more Hollows. I still think that it may not be, but, I dunno, I might hit one that I can't suppress myself and, I guess become monster chow. I always went into it with knowing the risk of getting munched upon."

Looking back up at Ulv, she blinked, amber eyes lighting up, "Came to mind, actually, two questions." She pointed her index finger up, "One, do you wanna get outta this snow? It's really damn cold out here, I can hardly feel my back," Another finger slid up to meet it's sibling, "Two, well... What're you afraid of most?" She spoke the question quite casually, smirking and crossing her arms, "And don't say, 'nothing', I will never buy that! I already said what I was afraid of."

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:43 am

The Flame Of Hope

"If you don't want to do it for recognition, then who are you proving yourself to, other than yourself? When yourself is the audience you look to, then you drive yourself beyond what you can handle, because the audience is cruel. And another problem will be that you will be having people judging by your family for a long time. There will be some that never will, and some that never stop. Some that openly judge you for it, and others who silently judge you for it. It's the way of the world, and you'll not change it"

"And to clarify. Long-term pacification is futile. If you want your power set to be temporary pacification of things without anything beyond that temporary measure, then go for it. I just like fixing things more permanently" Ulv finally finished talking, and gave a shrug. it was, after all, her personal feelings. Nothing else. Then she looked at Calypso, and gave a warm smile, her eyes closing as she thought about what she had gone through so far. But, well...her powerset was the opposite of things like that coming to mind. "The snow is not a problem. Mirja loved the Tundra, much much colder than this place ever got. And my flame keeps me warm"

"As for what I am afraid of most...I don't know. My Resolve Flame soothes the ragged edges of such emotions so they do not hold you back in what you want to be. Couple that with a resounding confidence in myself and an indestructible mindset that, even when faced with my greatest fear I would not bawk one millimetre, and you've got great difficulty in thinking what you'd be afraid of most"

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum