Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 2 Empty Re: A Dragon's Homecoming

Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:06 pm

The Rising Dragon

Zhang Shen

A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 2 6EdIfMt

Zhang took care not to lose sight of Calypso among the steps. This basement was deceptively long and somewhat confusing to traverse and yet, the bubbly cultivator walking ahead of him seemed to know it like the back of her hand. Their journey through the basement finally ended as Calypso opened the door, leading them into an underground city that left the raven-haired martial artist speechless.

The brilliant edifice carved out of rock was equally captivating. Zhang followed her into the home. The orange-haired cultivator gave him a timeframe of when she'd be finished cleaning herself up and he nodded respectfully. Make himself at home?

Zhang thought that a drink would be nice considering all the walking he did but he didn't know how to navigate her home.

"Sounds good. Know where I can find the kitchen? Or is your home full of mysteries like the stairs, " he quipped, a soft chuckle to indicate he was only making light humor. She seemed like a really cool girl, all things considered.

Last edited by Iori on Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:17 am

Calypso Gandr| Descendant Of Ao Kuang

Calypso would pause and look back at Zhang as he commented the stairs were full of mysteries. Coupled with the surprise he had coming here to begin with..

"Have you never been here? To Zian-Zi? I don't know how the branch Tsu clan works, but everyone in my Clan was brought here at least once so they knew it was here and how to get to it when they needed it. I didn't visit often since we had a nice trading area in the uptop estate, but still..." The shock on Calypso's face was evident, and the need to mother him building in her.

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:07 pm

The Rising Dragon

Zhang Shen

Zhang tilted his head as Calypso paused and stared back at him. Had he said something wrong? His worry was quickly dissuaded when she posed a question. Had he ever been to Zian-Zi? Zhang stroked his chin as he gazed around the edifice. He surmised that though many of these things held faint memories or glimmers in his mind, he was something akin to a born-again Christian. He had never lost his pride in his martial prowess or the admiration he held for the Wulin.

However, when the relationship between him and his father grew strained - to a point where two men fought and Zhang nearly put him at his death bed - he viewed himself as a monster and left his family behind. Zhang knew that, given the skills he had cultivated, he could've taken the position by force but he chose to run away. In running away, he wanted to forget everything about where he came from.

In hindsight, he was young and foolish. He knew that. His mind was not fully capable of accepting the cards fate had dealt. His mother died from disease and Zhang developed the perception that his father was a heartless man who didn't grieve when she passed, choosing to only make things harder on him as a result.

Had he ever tried to understand him? He wondered. To have the weight of an entire clan on your back, did he fully grasp that concept?

Whatever the case, his desire in the present demanded that he right his wrong. He didn't want to be labeled as the renegade who abandoned his family. He owed it to his mother's memory to follow through.

With a soft sigh, he spoke.

"I'll be honest with ya - it's very likely that I don't remember much because I wanted to force myself to forget about everything here, in spite of all the pleasant memories. For a few years, I didn't think I'd be welcomed back. I fought my father, nearly killing my old man in a violent fit of rage. There was no honor in it. No joy. It wasn't the type of duel where one could wage their life, and force the other to give something in exchange for sparing their life, either. At that moment, I wanted him dead."

He would rub the back of his head as his gaze returned towards the young cultivator.

"Sorry, you need to take a shower and clean yourself up. I didn't mean to drop that on you... I'll just sit down and wait. We can drink something on the way."

Last edited by Iori on Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:47 pm

Completely unperturbed by his claims, Calypso just shrugged. "The words of Wulin are 'If you dislike a man beyond recourse, kill him'. Our origins sit as wanderers and vagabonds outside society and beyond the arm of the law, after all. We have a culture, we have civility and we oppose those who lose their path to the red mist, but never believe us as good people. Good and Evil are subjective. Malice and Cruelty is not. And hot-blooded passion in the moment is neither malicious nor cruel. It's a true weight to kill another of your family, especially a mother or father. But should you go through it, never forget why. You are not a bloodthirsty monster that slays as he breathes"

She'd step towards him and take his hands. There were some lost eggs in Wulin, not everything was uniform. Some trained to hard or pushed to much and forgot why Tao Chi existed, and the end goal of personal enlightenment and ascension. So she would do what any Sister did, and advise.

"Lady Auber was said to be akin to a bear as she fought. Unhinged violence and fury tore her foes to pieces without mercy or hesitance. But she never struck without reason, and knew despite herself, that there was always reason. And the hatred of one does not spill to the interaction of another. Have fury to rape the mind of cohesion for those who deserve it, and take tea with those who do not. If you are profound enough, have tea with those whom you you hold the greatest grudge for.

Nobody is going to think less of you until you start killing servants for getting your order wrong, or young Bronze children for bumping into you"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:19 pm

The Rising Dragon

Zhang Shen

Zhang was rendered speechless. The dumbfounded expression in his countenance was somewhat humorous as he gazed at the woman after the enlightening advice. Truth be told, it felt good not to be judged for his actions. He hated how his father tried to control every aspect of his life.

He wasn't entirely certain he despised the man but he came pretty damn close. The best part about it all is that she was genuine. She wasn't coddling him or consoling him. She just advised him to see things from the true perspective.

Cultivators were not saints. Those who mastered the art of Tao Chi and the legends who exist between myth and reality were not noble men and women. In a sense, she was overwhelmingly accurate. Perhaps someone of lesser mettle would've looked at Calypso as if she were a madwoman but Zhang saw the merit in her words.

As she held his hands and recounted her experience with a woman named Lady Auber, Zhang listened with nothing but his full intent as she presented him with a lesson. If you strike a man down, strike with reason, and never dare to view it as a sinful act. Reason with those who deserve reasoning and strike down those who do not. Control the fury but do not discard it.

View it as a natural law of the world of Wulin. Thus, his actions against his father could be viewed as a moment of learning to live for himself and assert his place as a man in their clan.

Perhaps, his perception about this entire tragedy he built in his mind was merely just that - a perception. If nothing else, she reminded him that it was his duty to take what was rightfully his. For now, paying respects and getting acclimated to life in his hometown remained most important.

He smiled at her with a polite expression as his hands remained held within her own. Her advice filled his heart with a sense of content.

"...Thank you, I needed that. I guess I spent all those years away thinking I was a monster but your advice has given me the necessary insight I need to keep moving forward and carve a path for myself here."

Last edited by Iori on Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:52 am

He seemed to take it well, which was nice. He'd grow well under the tutorage of his....aunt? Calypso had no idea how branch families worked, the Gandr Clan was just one big clan. There were some people so separate that Calypso wasn't related to them at all, but they were still family to her.

"Don't worry about feeling out of sorts. My half-brother Vanyel is a Lost Egg like you, so you two can learn the culture together if you want to meet him" she'd tell Zhang, turning to go to the shower finally and then spinning around on her heel at the door. "Kitchen is down the hall on the right. You can call Yin if you aren't comfortable going yourself, she can take you there"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:25 am

The Rising Dragon

Zhang Shen

Zhang flashed a wide grin as he waved his hand. He was one hell of a lost egg, to be sure. He supposed that his life was a slippery slope but it was people like Calypso, he thought, that would definitely be a guiding force and help make the slope a little less slippery.

His grin disappear momentarily, the raven-haired cultivator tilting his head at the mention of the name Vanyel as it fell from her lips.

Half-Brother? Vanyel? No way... could it be? As Calypso went to the bathroom to indulge in a well-deserved shower, Zhang followed Calypso's mental directions as he entered the kitchen. He opened the fridge, grabbing a cold drink, his mind surfacing through memories of a man he once called his "sworn brother." And this woman called him her half-brother? Vanyel wasn't a common name but then he wondered if she could be referring to someone else with the same name.

He walked through the hall, returning to his prior position as he sat down in a chair, waiting for Calypso. Perhaps, he'd ask her about the half-brother's entire name. At the moment, enjoying a cold drink, appreciating the company of a cute female cultivator who was very supportive, and eventually meeting the Queen were the only things on his mind right now.

"Reflecting on that guy would only bring back bad memories, anyway..."

Last edited by Iori on Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:14 am

Calypso returned twenty minutes later, a whole different person. Far from the sweat-stained woman with matted hair, she was fluffed and washed, smelling gently of scented shampoo and hair gently glistening in the light. Her glasses were trimmed with Aurichalcum, and the orange kimono to match her hair had threads of Moonsilver that made the patterns in the dress shift and dance as the person watched. It was a true display of opulence from a clan who's power reached back millennia.

"Hey. Hope you-" she'd then pause and suddenly take a seat on the stairs she was coming down from. The reason for this came a few seconds later as her hair seemed to bleed colour out till it was pure white. Her skin followed suit and soon she was a light blue to a point of being near-white in skin as well. Her eyes shone even brighter, filling the room with a blazing light as if it contained all the passion in the world. Though, Calypso's body was not so good looking, as she siezed up and groaned in pain, before coughing, hacking blood across anything nearby.

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:42 pm

The Rising Dragon

Zhang Shen

Zhang smiled softly as he caught a glimpse - from his vantage point in the chair - of Calypso, now fully cleaned and gracefully dressed, walking down the steps. He admired her appearance and the accentuations that were not present in her person before.

Even though he figured he had gone beyond the phase in which he felt he'd make the attempt at flirting with her - considering the way she had approached him from the beginning and her genuine compassion - under any other circumstance, he would've certainly put on the charm and treated her out to a day in the town. If he knew his directions and had a modest modicum of cash, of course. Any further admiration immediately came to a screeching halt the moment he noticed something amiss. There was a sudden pause as Calypso relapsed on the steps.

Her hair drained itself of all color until it was ashen white. Her skin went through a slightly different change, a light blue hue until it, too, resembled the same pallid state as her hair.

He immediately set into motion, leaping towards the steps before pausing his movement and landing at the bottom. He noticed another scene that seemed even more otherworldly as her eyes shined brightly, filling the room with a blazing light of passion that caused him to gaze on in confusion and sheer astonishment. Her body seized up and the young cultivator groaned, coughing out blood that splattered against the walls and the steps before her.

Zhang was no doctor(he'd be terrible and fired within days) but he acted on his instinct as someone looking out for their fellow Wulin sibling and rushed towards her as he called out for anyone who was familiar with her condition and whether or not this was a normal everyday occurrence.

Zhang would act if he could but all he could do was place her within his arms bridal style and traverse the steps to look for someone around the home who could treat her. Either way, hell or high water, he wasn't going to let her suffer for long.

"Yo! Anyone here who can treat the lady?! I'm not really familiar with this and I'm not gonna play a pretend doctor if I don't have to!"

Last edited by Iori on Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:45 am

Dilligence was a great show, and Zhang didn't have to let Calypso suffer long. Because after a good ten seconds, colour returned, and the blood that had splattered across the walls and her Kimono started to evaporate into the air. Her eyes returned to their normal bright yellow, and life got back to normal. Except for the fact that she was carried by the great man in such a romantic gesture.

"Mmm, such a hero. We should get you a suit of shining armour, for how gallant you are~" Calypso teased, her tone a little strained and stuttered but pushing through it well enough. "Some context required, though" she'd continue, getting off Zhang and stretching.

"About a month back, I was absolutely crippled by an evil man, doomed never to walk again. Until a Hollow appeared in the hospital room and offered her assistance. I accepted and she gave me the ability to walk again, hence the glowing yellow eyes.

But she was the Hollow of Lady Auber, a being of immense strength the likes of which we could never comprehend, let alone grasp. So she is far too powerful for me to be able to host without issue. So the Tao slowly builds up deposits in my Meridians and then when it gets too much they overflow and vent the excess. Hence the coughing evaporating blood"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum