Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Community Outreach [Kanae, Tsubine] Left_bar_bleue0/0Community Outreach [Kanae, Tsubine] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Community Outreach [Kanae, Tsubine] Empty Community Outreach [Kanae, Tsubine]

Tue May 30, 2023 12:49 pm
Community Outreach [Kanae, Tsubine] JYutxY2

CAPTAIN NAGOSHI KANAE

For being the first time Kanae had stepped foot in the Rukongai in over a thousand years, there wasn't any pervasive sense of nostalgia for the Fourth Squad Captain. Though she had many positive memories of wanton slaughter in the Rukongai, it's also where she met Unohana and Yamamoto and all kinds of other annoyances. She had no love for this place, it was just a series of buildings filled with fodder to her.

Yet here she found herself nonetheless. And not in just any District either, Captain Nagoshi was in District 66 of East Rukongai, a place called Shōjin. Apparently for a District this far from Seireitei, it had somehow maintained a level of peace not remotely experienced by its neighbors. Certainly not by her own home District, if it could even be called that, Kusajishi of North Rukongai. In comparison to these tidy and taken care of buildings and seemingly happy populace, it was a living nightmare. Maybe it had changed too, though Kanae doubted it.

As Kanae walked down Shōjin's main street, clad in her typical black Shinigami shihakushō and altered Captain's haori, drawing stares of unwelcoming ire from those she passed by, she contemplated why she had come here in the first place. From what the Gotei understood, this District was essentially under control of a group called "The Shirazumi-rengokai", which amounted to little more than an organized gang in Kanae's view. But, even those kind of people could prove useful. All it takes was a little community outreach.

MURDER QUEEN | END POST
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Community Outreach [Kanae, Tsubine] Left_bar_bleue7380/100Community Outreach [Kanae, Tsubine] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Community Outreach [Kanae, Tsubine] Empty Re: Community Outreach [Kanae, Tsubine]

Tue May 30, 2023 3:45 pm

A sliding dogeza was not unheard of, but it did always surprise him when someone managed to stop perfectly. "Boss, forgive my sudden intrusion. We have reports that a Captain of the Gotei United is in Ward 4." Tsubine looked up from the book he was reading—a paperback that would likely have been only found in an airport. "Oh? Anyone we know?" The underling shook his head. "Hmm. Better play this nice. Our expansion might need some favors, or at the very least, non-hostilities. Tell Isamu, and I guess I'll put on something nice." Tsubine glanced down at his loose yukata. "Can't have a Captain think I'm disrespecting them—or poor."

Tsubine and a small entourage left the manor in Ward 1. Although Tsubine gave the actual orders, directions were thankfully not left up to him. Instead, he rode comfortably in a honest-to-god chariot pulled by two chestnut horses. Along the way, messengers were able to relay just about where the Captain was. Thankfully, they didn't have to alter course that much. The district had transformed from what it used to be. The Demon Incursion caused a lot of destruction. This allowed the Shirazumi-rengokai to swoop in and rebuild. It now had the outward appearance of a much higher district from 100 years ago—a vast improvement of the shantytown it had once been. Aside from Mayumi, it was his pride and joy.

It didn't take too long to locate the Captain. The cleared streets and windows shuttering as rumor reached curious ears. The chariot rolled to a stop about twenty yards ahead, and Tsubine stepped out from behind. "Greetings!" Tsubine was dressed in his characteristic white European-style suit—something that didn't scream "yakuza." "It's not that often we get a Captain," hell even just an active-duty Shinigami, "out this ways."

"I'm Tsubine Shirazumi, and I welcome you to District 66 East, Shōjin. What brings an esteemed Captain to this neck of the... I wouldn't say we have woods here anymore. So we'll just say neighborhood." Although Tsubine spoke in a friendly and welcoming tone, he did not get too close as he would rather have some reaction time if this wasn't a friendly visit. His eye did catch a hint of what was likely a Zanpakutō. He was glad he, too, was armed. The tsuba-less sword at his hip was stored more like a holster for a rifle of all things. He'd rather not turn to violence, but it was a familiar friend.

Tsubine's Character List
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Community Outreach [Kanae, Tsubine] Left_bar_bleue0/0Community Outreach [Kanae, Tsubine] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Community Outreach [Kanae, Tsubine] Empty Re: Community Outreach [Kanae, Tsubine]

Tue May 30, 2023 8:52 pm

CAPTAIN NAGOSHI KANAE

As the little insects flitted about, hiding themselves within their homes and businesses, Kanae's violet eyes never changed their direction. She continued walking down the middle of the street, unbothered by the tension growing within the air. To her all these people, if they could even be called that, were as useless as the Quincies she had slaughtered during the Great Genocide. Such pathetic rabble weren't worth her gaze, much less her time.

At some point as she walked through District 66, a horse-drawn chariot made its approach in front of her, though it maintained its distance as it came to a stop. Kanae couldn't help but role her eyes at such a display, unimpressed and even a bit annoyed by the ridiculousness using a chariot of all things to get around. Still, she remained attentive as a well-dressed figure disembarked and greeted her, still from a safe distance. By all accounts this was the leader of the little operation going on here, which was quickly confirmed by his introduction. Tsubine Shirazumi. So arrogant he named the group after himself. thought Kanae as she looked the man over.

Kanae's frown turned to a forced smile as she prepared to answer Tsubine's questioning of her purpose for being here. As she spoke her and Tosatsusha's vile, malevolent spiritual pressure began spreading out from her body like a vicious plague "Oh? You seem to be mistaken, Tsubine Shirazumi. I am a Captain, yes. You, however...you're just a civilian. This is my, Rukongai. Not yours. You would do well to remember that, young man."

MURDER QUEEN | END POST
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Community Outreach [Kanae, Tsubine] Left_bar_bleue7380/100Community Outreach [Kanae, Tsubine] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Tue May 30, 2023 10:05 pm

Ah, so she's a bitch was his first thought, followed quickly by or just trying to bait me. But also... Tsubine quickly noticed something ominous about her. Was this that "reiatsu" thing that J kept trying to explain to him? Must be. A small twitch in his left hand almost had him grab his sword. He specifically held that back. He wasn't quite ready for a fight, and he really didn't want to go through the trouble of filing a complaint about a Captain.

At the same time, Tsubine was an idiot. He gave in some to the goading. "Oh, so Central 320 has held new elections? And they elected a Captain to be the new representative?" He spoke with incredulity. "The Rukongai may receive some protection from the Gotei when in a time of crisis, but I don't quite think it's yours. It's not mine either." Tsubine spread his arms wide to show off what the district has become. "It's everyone's now. For better or worse. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions."

"And you are exactly right. I am just that—a civilian. This is just where I happen to live and so have a vested interest in its wellbeing. So if you are here on official business, do understand I'm just curious as to why a Captain would be here. If it's a danger, I would so like to know so that word can be spread to shelter. I am a community organizer of sorts and can spread the word quite quickly if there is danger afoot." Tsubine had made three small threats there. If she wasn't murderous enough, she'd also pick out that threats were not to intimidate into getting her to back down because of incoming violence...

Tsubine's Character List
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:32 pm

CAPTAIN NAGOSHI KANAE

The sword on Kanae's hip whispered different ways to flay a man to its partner as they listened to this Tsubine speak daringly. Anything he could say at this point likely couldn't provoke her as she stood like a statue with her iconic murderous smile plastered across her otherwise-graceful features. It was indeed her own objective to provoke him, to gauge his response and disposition.

The Captain listened to the man spout off about the "Central 320" and Gotei protections among other things. The idea of a governing body in the Rukongai was nonsensical to Kanae. Though she certainly didn't support any of Soul Society's authority figures, and had just spent a thousand years dreaming of flaying them alive, Kanae also knew the Rukongai at its best is a certifiable hellhole full to the brim with scum and those barely above animals. Pathetic cretins worth no more than the Quincy villagers the Gotei had slaughtered a millennium ago.

"There is no greater authority in this world than power, Tsubine Shirazumi. Power is what allows me to take a leisurely stroll through any District in the Rukongai without a care. It's what allows you to operate your little organization here in Shōjin. It's also what allows me to ignore silly questions from silly men. On the other hand, it is because of this power that you will answer my questions. Understand?"

MURDER QUEEN | END POST
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:40 am

Tsubine didn't like this woman. Maybe she was having one of those off days, but he doubted that. At the same time, there was something about what she said that set his "let's challenge that" urge tingling. Tsubine wasn't about to be a fool though. Her gravity well of murderous intent signaled if he did do what he instinctively wanted to—dueling a Captain sounded fun after all—he'd end up on the losing end of a soon-to-be wrongful death claim.

"Well, at least there's something we can agree on." Tsubine let out a baited breath. "Power does make the world go 'round, all that fancy stuff. I think we'd just disagree on what all constitutes power..." Tsubine's voice trailed off. He chuckled and quickly turned chipper again. His smile lost some of its forced edge. "Well, if you wanted a Q&A session, you should have just said so—and given some heads up, I could have even set you up with some nice accommodations. If you have questions—I'm willing to hear them and likely answer them, even without your insistence. But I at least would like to know your name first." Tsubine started to shake his mental dice. A gamble would likely be coming up, and he needed to play this right...

Tsubine's Character List
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:18 pm

CAPTAIN NAGOSHI KANAE

Kanae's steady gaze remained trained on Tsubine as he considered how to respond, like a predator just beyond the forest's edge, following its prey's every movement. Beneath a veneer of antagonistic merriment, her smile ever-present, was an abyss of darkness satiated only by true agony; not her own, but of others. In this instance she fought every instinct to close the gap between predator and prey and simply slaughter this man who deigned to stand in defense of Shōjin. But she knew she must not give in to the voices in her head, those of her own and Tosatsusha. That wasn't why she came here.

Her smile faded as Tsubine mentioned setting her up with accommodations with warning ahead of time, as if he was worth setting an appointment with. To Kanae such an idea was only further proof of this man's impudence, a thousand years ago he would have been groveling at her feet, begging for mercy. As she considered how much the Gotei, and Soul Society as a whole had changed during her imprisonment, Kanae spoke again to Tsubine "I'm glad you've begun to understand your place. I'll grace you with my name, do not forget it: I am Nagoshi Kanae, Captain of the Death Division of the Gotei United. What I would like to know, Tsubine Shirazumi, is the purpose of your little crime syndicate here in Shōjin. What is it you desire most?" she asked, her voice a much sweeter ichor than her denigrating words deserved.

MURDER QUEEN | END POST
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:49 pm

Tsubine would definitely be asking J about this Captain. He was going to have to take some precautions it seemed; especially if a Captain was taking a little too much interest in him and/or his organization. Her name, however, wasn't kept him stuck. Her question was a dangerous one. He decided to answer it without mentioning Mayumi or Kanna. The less she knew, the better. Besides, the more he yearned for his late wife, the more he felt the tug of the abyss from years ago. "What I desire most..." Tsubine feigned thinking for a moment, going so far as to look up to the sky. "Well, it's going to sound cheesy and fake. But it's definitely the truth."

"The entire purpose of my group is protection. I founded this group originally doing simple bodyguard work. It wasn't too long ago that murder was the most popular trade out here, and people usually don't take kindly to getting murdered. So I started off with the people that hired us, and that's expanded into supporting the community here." Tsubine gestured to the buildings around them. "I've spent hours and coin aplenty rebuilding over the past decade. The demon incursion took a heavy toll across the Rukongai. What I want to make sure happens is that we'll be ready next time something like that happens."

Tsubine's Character List
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:59 am

CAPTAIN NAGOSHI KANAE

Tsubine's answer to Kanae's line of questioning left the Captain unimpressed. A protection racket was nothing new, any small brained fool could accomplish that with a two-by-four and a threatening glare. She didn't particularly care about whether they were actually breaking the law or not though. Kanae had come here to assess manpower and resources, after all.

"Surely you understand there is nothing you or your thugs could do in the face of an organized invasion. It would be wholly foolish to believe otherwise." A few seconds passed before Kanae continued on "As someone who has actually fought off an invading force, I have the experience you and your people lack. Would you like the secret to defeating an invasion?" A sinister curved smile spread across Kanae's face as she prepared to answer her own question.

"You slaughter everything in sight with overwhelming power." As if she'd said something funny, Kanae broke into a light chuckle that could have been called cute in almost any other context. "Unfortunately for you, that's something you lack. But it's something I have. Now...what do you have? You have what is necessary to make change in Soul Society. Loyal minions and angst. The tools of revolution. Don't you want more, little Tsubine Shirazumi? Even just assurances the Gotei will protect the Rukongai in times of war?"

MURDER QUEEN | END POST
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:02 am

The thing that Tsubine hated the most was that, as of right now, Kanae was right. He knew he'd probably lose more men than he'd gained in recent years. With him being absent, he also knew that the Shirazumi-rengokai had faltered in training as well. He would be surprised if any of the networking he had done pre-incursion was still intact. There would be time in the future to rekindle those connections. Right now, he had a terrifying Captain to deal with.

Kanae might be terrifying and belittling, but there was something in her words that did speak to him. "The Gotei has done a lot to fail the Rukongai in the past—from allowing the extreme poverty and senseless violence to run rampant to the demon incursion. Although my faith in certain members to help when needed may be high, I can't say I'd hold my breath for them to come running to the rescue." Tsubine would love those kinds of protections Kanae seemed to be offering, but they would come at a cost. And the first thing to come from such a cost was freedom.

"At the same time, that's not the worst for me and mine. I stay out of their way; they stay out of mine. And as of right now, I'd like to keep it that way. I start rocking the boat, and well, the boat starts rocking back." Tsubine was hoping that would be a quick, simple dismissal of noncommitment. But something told him that he'd have to choose a side. Whether here or later.

Tsubine's Character List
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum