Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Echoes of a Distant Memory (Toki) Left_bar_bleue0/0Echoes of a Distant Memory (Toki) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Echoes of a Distant Memory (Toki) Empty Echoes of a Distant Memory (Toki)

Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:38 pm

Echoes of a Distant Memory

How long had it been since she'd even considered returning? A decade? maybe more? Honestly she'd lost track. To return to such a place meant revisiting the traumatic past of what was once the mightiest place of justice and rest for souls... reduced to but a shell of its former glory. As she held her right Zanpakuto up she could hear the voices of her Zanpakuto, questioning her if she truly wished to return if it truly was a place of such great pain for her. But she knew that she'd eventually have to return anyway, whether she wanted too or not and, well, it was best to confront these things on conditions that were favorable. With how the world was now-a-days and what had happened prior, war was inevitable and the small respite of peace they'd carved out so far wouldn't last for long... it never did.

She shoved the sword in front of her and turned it, reopening the doors she never thought she'd reopen. With that she stepped through, entering the Dangai and making her way through towards Soul Society. The last thing she truly remembered was the demonic invasion, but even that felt like a distant memory of another age by now. She didn't know how the Gotei would react to her reentry, but she hoped it would be peaceful and not met with weapons drawn. The fact she was being permitted entry however, at least told her that as a Shinigami she was being allowed back in. However it wasn't too surprising that when she was stopped on the other side of the Senkaimon by those in attendance, with her disappearance and sudden re-emergence it'd likely raise some concerns at the very least. So instead she nodded towards those already in attendance and awaited those that were undoubtedly coming to investigate her arrival.

Spoiler:

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Echoes of a Distant Memory (Toki) Left_bar_bleue16000/1Echoes of a Distant Memory (Toki) Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Echoes of a Distant Memory (Toki) Empty Re: Echoes of a Distant Memory (Toki)

Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:19 pm
Echoes of a Distant Memory (Toki) JBWWmbT
HINAMORI TOKI

Generally speaking, handling the Senkaimon was work that went smoothly and without terribly much in the way of excitement. It was shinigami coming and going, and Toki's work usually comprised of making sure there wasn't any contraband being smuggled in or out of Soul Society. This time, however, was a bit different, as the incoming Senkaimon hadn't been accompanied by any messages to expect a return, and didn't match any of the Gotei's current expected spiritual signatures. Walking to the Senkaimon gate with a pleasant enough expression, Toki gave a bow of greeting to the incoming shinigami.

"Welcome to the Seireitei, ma'am. Pardon the intrusion, but we do screen those who come through the Senkaimon but are not members of the Gotei. A matter of security, you understand. Might I ask your name and purpose for your visit?"

Toki held a clipboard in hand, though he felt as though he could probably remember the reason the woman told him. Still, no one's memory was infallible, and it was obviously important for a record to be as perfect as possible when he submitted a report. He wasn't especially suspicious of the woman, considering it was somewhat common that non-Gotei shinigami came through the Senkaimon, but he was still fairly aware of the situation.

END POST | SINS OF THE FATHER
Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Echoes of a Distant Memory (Toki) Left_bar_bleue0/0Echoes of a Distant Memory (Toki) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:28 pm

Fuurinji gave a return bow to the man who greeted her, he didn't introduce himself and got straight to why he was here and why she was being held momentarily. His reasoning made sense, they wanted to ensure they knew who was coming and going and this wasn't something she was unfamiliar with since it was a practice they'd been doing even when she was apart of the Gotei 13. So she nodded to his words of her understanding before answering his questions.

"Of course, I understand, though... you might not have records of my time here. My name is Fuurinji Wakaba, former member of the Gotei 13 and former member of the Seventh Squad led by Komamura Taicho. My purpose here is to check on my family in the Rukongai who have gone a significantly long time without word of my whereabouts or wellbeing." She made sure to state even her former position to help with the records, she wasn't entirely sure how many records from way back when still survived but if any did she presumed they'd want an easy time finding her information should they feel the need to look for it. Additionally, she ensured that her hands were not on her Zanpakuto and were readily visible, hoping to avoid any sort of confrontation in the middle of the Seireitei as that would only end bad for her.

Spoiler:

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Echoes of a Distant Memory (Toki) Left_bar_bleue16000/1Echoes of a Distant Memory (Toki) Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:04 am
HINAMORI TOKI

Toki wrote down notes as Fuurinji spoke, and though he didn't show it, there was a certain degree of surprise in the back of his mind that someone from that era would have been away from Soul Society for so long that the information kept on hand for the senkaimon's attendants would have failed to include her. Then again, he supposed there was a good deal of ill will between some from the Gotei 13 and the current Gotei.

"Give me a moment to have someone check the First Division's records and put in for updates. I imagine you've likely been marked as missing by now."

Obviously, Toki didn't keep records of a different division ready in his mind, so he didn't quite know what they would or wouldn't say, so he could only have one of the unseated shinigami working under him go and check for him.

"Ah, my name is Hinamori Toki. Forgive my failure to introduce myself."

He imagined anyone that had served in the Gotei 13 under Komamura likely knew his mother, but while Toki was always quite proud of his mother, he wasn't exactly the sort to simply bring her up apropos of nothing.

Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:35 am

Fuurinji nodded as he asked her to wait so that he could have someone check the First Division records for any mention of her, it didn't surprise me when he surmised she might already have been marked missing. Truth be told she'd be surprised if she wasn't presumed dead. When he introduced himself at first she simply nodded, but a moment later his last name struck her quite hard "Wait... Did you say Hinamori? As in Fukutaicho Hinamori Momo?" She asked, that was the only Hinamori she knew of though truth be told it wouldn't have surprise her too much.

If this was true, then that meant Momo had likely not only managed to move on from her previous time under Aizen, but must've still been alive and well, and that filled her heart with a certain amount of joy she couldn't well ignore. She hadn't ever really spoken directly with the Fukutaicho directly, but she knew that her and Komamura were close and she'd often notice her around the Nanabantai back during the days of the Gotei 13. Still that did fill her with some amount of hope that the former Taicho's were still around, at least partially, so perhaps the Gotei United stood stronger than she'd first thought. ""Forgive me for asking but, Is she still a Fukutaicho? Or has she finally been promoted to Taicho?"

Spoiler:

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:04 am
HINAMORI TOKI

"Yes, that's correct. My mother is the former Vice Captain of the 5th Division, though she retired from Gotei service shortly after the incident in Karakura."

Toki was hardly the sort to outright state that she had retired because of him, of course, but that was something he imagined most people would probably be able to piece together with relative ease. He could have been more specific about the sheer degree of involvement that Aizen had in said retirement, but that was no longer simply a case of his own privacy. Speaking about his mother's personal matters wasn't in Toki's nature.

"She's doing very well, however. I'll be certain to tell her that you asked about her, I imagine she'll appreciate the thought."

Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:21 pm

She retired? Odd... Though she couldn't say that it's entirely unsurprising. Aizen was a rather key individual in her time at the Gotei, and after everything he'd done. "Ah, I see. Unfortunate that she retired, though I can't say I'd blame her for that decision." With that she gave a brief nod as he said he'd mention that she asked for her.

"Ah, thank you. If you don't mind my prying, what of yourself? I understand the Gotei United... restructured the divisions and their duties, do you intend on pursuing similar goals as her? Or are you intent on forging on your own? "

Sure the Fifth Division hadn't any particular duties, but Momo always struck her as someone who fit better in the Fourth Division rather than the Fifth, so she wondered how her child might fair in an admittedly much different environment than she was in.

Spoiler:

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:12 am
HINAMORI TOKI

"I joined the Gotei United to put my talents to a respectable use. I'm sure mother wouldn't have minded if I kept working in a flower shop, but I wouldn't feel right doing that when I can commit to maintaining the security of Soul Society."

After all, some of the greatest threats to the Gotei in recent memory had been internal concerns. Between Aizen's betrayal and the Demon Incursion, Toki knew that there was a great deal of risk in letting powerful people operate in Soul Society without someone to keep an eye on them. He had the capability to help in that, and so naturally, it was what he'd been drawn to.

"I don't have grand ambitions, but if I find myself in a position where I'm asked to be in a seat of importance, I'd certainly accept without any hesitation."

Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:49 pm

So he was intent on forging his own path, even if it was somewhat similar to the path Hinamori once tread. It was nice to hear that there were at least some Shinigami that desired assurance that previous mistakes were not repeated. "Ah, I see... Well, if you're anything like your Mother I'm sure you'll make a fine Shinigami. "

Some Shinigami desired to be leaders, and some desired to be idols or examples for other Shinigami to follow in their footsteps. Toki, from what she could tell, seemed to not desire either... Though he seemed like one willing to step up to the plate if the chance presented itself. In some ways this reminded her of Komamura.

"What of the other Taicho's? Have they also retired or are they still in service as well?"

Spoiler:

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:56 am
HINAMORI TOKI

"Thank you."

Toki wasn't one for too many words, especially when his mind was preoccupied with other matters, but he went out of his way not to seem overly dismissive. It was one of the things he'd been going out of his way to address after joining the 6th Division. Being personable was important if you were dealing with others on a regular basis, after all.

"Most of the captains and vice captains from my mother's time have either retired from service entirely or moved into more supplementary efforts. There are still several from that era in service, though. Captain Kuchiki recently came out of retirement to step into her position, as did Captains Urahara and Otoribashi. Vice Captain Matsumoto, as well."

One could have maybe seen Toki's casual explanation as giving away too much information, but it was the sort of thing nearly anyone could learn with a bit of asking around, and the Gotei was hardly being so subtle about its membership that the Captains were a secret.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum