Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] Left_bar_bleue1570/100A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] Empty A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari]

Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:56 pm
A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] Kaminari_PH17
KAMINARI HATAKEYAMA

Kaminari shot up from bed, gripping the blankets tightly in her fingers, sweat dripping down her face and neck. It was that nightmare again. She couldn't remember most of the details of it, but she always recognized that same feeling, like she lost something important to her and would never get it back. The only thing she recalled was the name "Kanna" and terrified blue eyes.

In the morning, Kaminari made her way to a very specific area of the Rukongai. With what little information she had, she began asking around about the name in connection with blue eyes. People mostly looked at her like she was crazy. It was so little detail to go on that she couldn't blame them. As the hours passed, she began to give up on the idea of finding out anything about her past.

Instead of pushing herself further into frustration, she found a small tea shop and bought something to snack on. She sat out front, trying to remember the rest of that dream to figure out what other ways she could ask people about it.

END OF POST
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] Left_bar_bleue7380/100A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] Empty Re: A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari]

Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:28 pm

Tsubine could remember each and every person that ever asked to see Kanna after she had passed. Most had never gotten the news. Others were trying to provoke him. In the past two years, only two people had brought her up, and neither were there for casual chatting. Which is why Tsubine forgot about his standing order that anyone asking about Kanna was to be brought to his attention. In the time immediately after her passing, they were brought directly to him at the Shirazumi manor. He couldn't venture out to speak to anyone, nor did he want to. Nowadays, he'd just find the person in question without inviting them in. It usually worked.

It was odd, then, when Tsubine got a report of someone asking about a "Kanna" in his district. He dismissed the first one. When two more reported the same woman—and that it was a Shinigami, Tsubine knew he had to act. It was common knowledge within Shōjin that speaking of Kanna was an omen that Tsubine himself was going to arrive. And after the last few blatant mentions of her name resulting in violence, it was highly frowned-upon. Tsubine took his standard retinue—as well as his Zanpakutō. After the encounter with Kanae, he was never unarmed.

It took some time to locate the inquisitive woman. Shinigami did visit the Shōjin more often than many realized. The entertainment scene was a big draw for the bored and the overworked alike. Tsubine was surprised not to find her at any of those, but the hole-in-the-wall tea shop that he had bought out years ago because it had been Kanna's favorite. The family that ran it had long since been direct employees of his—not the Shirazumi-rengokai's. A sign, perhaps? "Not many people ask about Kanna anymore." Tsubine spoke as he pulled out a chair across from Kaminari without warning nor invitation. "Most people who wanted to speak with her made their peace long ago. So what do you want to speak with her about?"

Tsubine's Character List
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] Left_bar_bleue1570/100A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] Empty Re: A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari]

Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:51 pm
A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] Kaminari_PH5
KAMINARI HATAKEYAMA

Kaminari was dazed out, her chin resting on her hand as her eyes casually glanced from place to place within the shop. There was something familiar about it. The cliche "I feel like I've been here before" was going through her mind as she tried to recall some piece of her past. Nothing came to mind, but she kept trying, occasionally taking a sip of her tea until she received an uninvited guest.

Kaminari stared at the man in front of her, blinking away her surprise before she gave him a real up-down. She didn't recognize him, but something about him flicked a switch in the dark aisles of her mind. "Clearly, you know her. What business I have with Kanna is between her and I." Kaminari pointed across the table at him. "Tell her to stop hiding from me and get her big ol' butt out here. I wanna see her!"

END OF POST
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] Left_bar_bleue7380/100A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:49 pm

Tsubine let out a small chuckle. The woman was intriguing to him. She definitely acted like she knew Kanna and that Kanna would know her. Although Tsubine didn't think he knew her, something was trying to catch his attention. Although unlike Kaminari, it was more like someone angrily flipping a lightswitch off and on. "I'm afraid that will be quite impossible, and she's definitely not hiding from you."

"My wife's been dead for seven years." Tsubine steepled his hands. He needed the answer to his earlier question. "So I ask again, what is it you want with her? And... how did you know her?"

Tsubine's Character List
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:09 am
A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] Kaminari_PHS-9
KAMINARI HATAKEYAMA

Kaminari raised an eyebrow at that little chuckle of his. Leaning back in her chair, she crossed her arms and put one leg over the other. She didn't find anything funny. She was having a cup of tea and he rudely sat down and started interrogating her.

"I see..." Kaminari's gaze lowered to the table. Seeing something drop into the warm liquid, creating a few small ripples, she brought her hand to her face to realize she was crying. "I don't understand... why am I..." Kaminari wiped more tears away when a mixture of emotions struck her. Feelings of loss, regret, anger, and heartbreak welled within her, but without the context she needed to understand where they came from. The only emotion she understood in that moment was confusion.

"I'm sorry, I've got to go," Kaminari stood up from her table a bit too quickly and with tears clouding her vision. Because of it, she ended up bumping the table and spilling her tea. "Dang it..." Kaminari grabbed a couple napkins to wipe it up.

END OF POST
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:32 pm

Tsubine was at least convinced that Kaminari was genuine in her desire to see Kanna. This wasn't a ploy like others before—or if it was, he didn't see through it. There wasn't much else that he could have said, honestly, but as she stood with tears, Tsubine heard his late wife's voice. You really thought that was the best way to go about that? Tsubine sighed and stood, putting a hand on Kaminari's shoulder, guiding her gently back towards her chair. "C'mon, sit back down. At least wait until you can see a bit better. Don't want you tripping and hurting yourself on the way back to the Seireitei."

One of the bodyguards walked up, handed Tsubine a rag, then walked away again after a quick nonverbal dismissal. "Kanna said I had a habit of making women cry." Tsubine began to wipe up the spilled tea. "I used to be pretty insensitive. She helped with that. She helped a lot of people with a lot of problems. Caused a few herself, but always helping more than she harmed..." Tsubine was staring only at the table as he spoke. "How did you know her?"

Tsubine's Character List
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:58 am
A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] Kaminari_PHS-9
KAMINARI HATAKEYAMA

Kaminari was not expecting the amount of strength behind his grip that this man actually had. He could control it fine; it's not like he hurt her. She was just quickly made aware of it when she was guided back to her seat. She sat, watching him, using the end of her sleeve to wipe the recurring tears away. She let him clean up the tea as she tried to regain control of her emotions. Something like this had never happened before, but it must have to do with her hidden memories.

"I don't know." Kaminari said bluntly. "Her face and her name keep coming up in my dreams. Little bits of memory snap back to me every time I have it. I only remember the last ten years. I thought, maybe, she was a friend... a sister... something."

END OF POST
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:02 pm

Tsubine thought for a moment. This woman might not be right in the head. However, he still trusted that she at least thought she knew Kanna. "Kanna never mentioned a sister, nor a large family. Her folks passed away long before we met each other." He shook his head. "So not a sister. Did you know Kanna from far enough back that it's just a fuzzy memory? Or did you hit your head or get sick and lose your memory?" The memory of his wife hit him there. Not as in a memory returned. No, it just punched him in the gut for being an asshole. This was a woman, not one of the "guys." "...That's probably one of those insensitive things, huh? Again, sorry about that."

"I know Kanna was in the Gotei a while back... It's possible you two served together..." Tsubine rested his chin on his hands. "Do you know what Divisions you've all been in?" The question was getting a bit into left field, and he couldn't figure out how to steer the con—. Duh. "Hey, so what's your name? That might help." Though not much because I forget names all the time. It didn't matter how close they were either. Tsubine had once called J "K" shortly after meeting him. It took a stern "I am not my sister" from J to correct him, and Tsubine still to this day thinks that Kei Saionji's name is actually "K Saionji."

Tsubine's Character List
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:03 pm
A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] Kaminari_PHS-2
KAMINARI HATAKEYAMA

"Well... if she was your wife, then I guess I trust your word," Kaminari said, still staring at the table in front of her. This was another dead end; she couldn't find out a piece of herself if the only clue she had was no longer in this world. She finally stopped crying, the apparent shock of it all finally fading enough to end the confusing tears. "I do not know what I did, honestly. I woke up far outside of the Rukongai one day with nothing but a shihakusho and a zanpakuto held so tightly in my hand I had a difficult time loosening my fingers to let go..."

"My name is Kaminari Hatakeyama. That is the only memory I know to be true..." she said and then looked to him, eyes narrowed. "I rarely speak about this to anyone. Most are unaware of my condition. I would appreciate some guarantee that this will not be leaked. I am not sure what the law is about a shinigami with no memory, and I have yet to appreciate the attempts to trick me into allowing someone into my life. It's happened more than once in the last decade; it won't happen again." Though a threat, a tinge of fear lingered in her tone.

END OF POST
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:32 pm

"Who am I going to tell? I'm under no obligation to tell the Gotei anything... Well, unless it's going to cause another Demon Incursion or the like. Then I think I'll go make a report." Tsubine chuckled and sighed again. The flickering light in his head was going crazy, and he still could not place her by face or name. "You know, your name is familiar..." He made a thinking sound as he tried very hard to concentrate.

"I feel like you came up in one of Kanna's stories... She didn't actually make it into the Gotei, but was kicked out of the academy... It wasn't really her fault, per se..." It was then he noticed her Zanpakutō. And finally, the light stayed on. "She punched you!" Tsubine spoke with an excitement only the solving of a brain teaser could bring. "She punched you in the academy, almost got expelled from that, but then dropped out."

Tsubine continued, not giving Kaminari time to interject. "While we were engaged, Kanna sought to make amends. She tracked you down and invited you over to our house. We had dinner, and I tried to goad you into a sparring match, but Kanna stopped me. You two became quick friends, but Kanna was always going to meet you instead of you coming out this way. She planned on inviting you to the wedding, but I think that was during a time where the Gotei needed more people on standby. And you had short hair then, and that's why I didn't recognize you." Tsubine pointed down to the Zanpakutō. "But THAT I do remember. I may not remember names that well, but I always remember a sword." Tsubine sighed. He was glad to have that problem solved.

Tsubine's Character List
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum