Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari]

Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:42 am
A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] - Page 2 Kaminari_PH24
KAMINARI HATAKEYAMA | Memory Unlocked

Kaminari jumped, almost falling out of her chair from the startle Tsubine gave her. It took her a moment to realize what he was going on about! Kanna, his wife, punched her? As he told the story, something began lighting in her mind. It started off like a small candle in pure darkness, but rapidly grew. She nodded along with his story, each detail slowly returning into a complete memory. Her heart began to race because of the excitement of remembering something about herself.

"Right! Oh my god! I remember!" Kaminari was practically shaking in her hair at this point. "We almost did fight, but... yeah, she stopped us. I can't remember her reason, but I do remember having a bit too much to drink and falling asleep on your guys' floor. I was surprised when you didn't kick me out. I would not have blamed you." Kaminari covered her mouth, giggling at the thought, wiping what was now a tear of joy from her cheek. "This is the first complete memory I've regained..."

Kaminari stopped, froze for a moment, and looked at him. With the information she just received, that meant he lost her... She had to say something about that, but dampening the joy of remembering Kanna felt wrong. "I... am sorry you lost her," Kaminari said with sincerity, "but I am glad I have a great memory to look back on."

END OF POST
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7380/100A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari]

Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:06 pm

"Thank you." Tsubine's smile waned for a fraction of a second. He missed his wife, and he'd always miss her. "Kanna was someone who... had difficulty making friends. She was prideful, but it was never something she'd stop helping someone over. She was the type to scold you for making a dumb decision while helping you off the ground. And she definitely had to do that to me more than once..." He shook his head.

"As for our fight... I just remember Kanna threatening both of us with a sandal in each hand. I don't think we would have won that one." Tsubine mulled over his next question for a long moment. He enjoyed a moment of silence from his end as he contemplated. It would be a risk, sure, but... Kanna would do the same. "Do you want to pay your respects? I can take you there."

Tsubine's Character List
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:15 pm
A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] - Page 2 Kaminari_PHS-10
KAMINARI HATAKEYAMA

The moment of silence was enjoyed by both of them. Kaminari took the time to attempt pulling up another memory, trying to remember something else about Kanna, or even Tsubine himself. The choppiness of her past frustrated her often, so gaining another piece was little more than a relief. His question, however, was not. Kaminari's eyes widened for the shortest moment. She felt her heart speed up. She forced any reaction down, refusing to show any significant emotion.

The way he asked was... heart breaking. She wondered whether he truly wanted to offer such a thing, or if she would actually want to accept the offer. "I... don't think I am ready for that. I hope the offer doesn't expire... I just... not now. I can't do it."

Kaminari looked away from him in shame. She couldn't help but imagine getting to her grave or her shrine and bawling her eyes out the way she had been moments ago. Except this time she had a memory to hold onto, something to wring her heart out. She had a hard time handling the emotional weight of returning memories, and this one was the most impactful. Someone she missed was just gone...

And then a thought came to mind, a question she was terrified to ask. Kanna was young, stronger than her... So... "What happened? How did... she... you know."

END OF POST
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7380/100A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:52 pm

"The offer will stay on the table, don't worry. Just give me some head's up first." Tsubine's mouth slightly upturned into a smile. He was sincere, and he'd never rush anyone to do that. It took him about a month to really leave the room she passed in. He was hoping she'd appear as a double-ghost or something—give him encouragement to go on. It never happened, thankfully.

Not-so-thankfully was that Kaminari asked a certain question. It was his turn to look away in shame. He interlaced his fingers and stared down at them. They sure were interesting right now. "She died in the demon incursion seven years ago. I... was on the other side of the district when it happened. I wasn't able to make it back on time." Tsubine's voice drifted off slightly. He was deeply, deeply ashamed of how he didn't save her. "Kanna gave her life protecting something precious to us both..."

Tsubine's Character List
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:33 pm
A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] - Page 2 Kaminari_PHS3-3
KAMINARI HATAKEYAMA

Kaminari smiled, sighing in relief when he confirmed the offer would be good, with reasonable warning. She was able to keep up her smile a bit more after seeing his mood uplift some. However, that smile failed the moment she was stupid enough to ask the question. It was probably too soon or too heartbreaking. She should have kept her mouth shut. The nervousness she felt caused her to hold her breath.

Something precious to both of them?

"You... were trying to have a baby. Kanna told me the last time I saw her... In the demon war... She died protecting your child... didn't she? What's his name?"

END OF POST
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:34 pm

Tsubine's eyes went wide, then narrowed. She knew. She knew too much, even. She was a liability for Mayumi's safety. ...or was she? Tsubine had the single tense encounter with Kanae, and since then he hadn't heard nor seen any activity from the Captain or her Division against him. Hell, the other two Shinigami he had met aside from Kaminari were really pleasant people even. Maybe he could trust her. Kanna was, at least, urging him on in his memory.

"Her name is Mayumi." Tsubine replied simply. "We had her not too long before the Demon Incursion. Since then, she's been with someone I trust to keep her safe." Tsubine leaned in slightly. "And keep that information on the down-low. I get the feeling that things are going to be dicey, and the fewer that know about her, the better."

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:39 am
A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] - Page 2 Kaminari_PH19
KAMINARI HATAKEYAMA

Maybe 'assuming her gender' offended him; Kaminari did not care. It's not like she knew, and besides, she was excited to hear about their little girl. Though she only remembered a small bit of Kanna, she had to ask herself whether or not Kanna would like the fact that their daughter was being taken care of by someone else. As the man whispered to her, she leaned back away from him a little bit.

"You don't have to worry about that. I'd never do anything to put Mayumi in danger." Kaminari waved it off and then sat normally. "Why are things gonna get dicey?"

END OF POST
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:51 pm

Tsubine had to word this carefully. He already knew this would eventually come to J's ears, and the last thing he wanted was for inter-divisional conflict to come back on him. That's the wrong kind of attention he wanted to bring to himself. "There are people that I think are going to try something. I don't know what, but I'm concerned it could cause some ripples that'll affect life out here. I'd rather Mayumi stay somewhere safe, somewhere I hope will be uninvolved. Once it's all in the past, I'll see what I can do about introducing you. She's a lot like her mom."

Tsubine quickly pivoted the subject away from Mayumi. "You mentioned that people have tried to trick you about your, you know," he tapped on his head to not say her secret out loud, "'condition.' What'd they do?"

Tsubine's Character List
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:53 pm
A Reluctant Memory [Tsubine/Kaminari] - Page 2 Kaminari_PHS4-11
KAMINARI HATAKEYAMA

With what little information Tsubine provided, Kaminari assumed it was gang or territory wars between the districts out here. That was not in her jurisdiction, so she didn't care to push for more information. Instead, she tried to think of a way to help with Mayumi. Nothing came to mind before he asked about her "condition." She rolled her eyes; not at him, but at things that happened in the past.

"Yeah, there have been a few times that someone figured it out," Kaminari sighed, shaking her head at the shameful behavior some displayed. "They try to convince me of different things, like having been a criminal, a Captain of the Gotei, or even someone's wife. That was the worst one. It took me a while to realize they were lying, and... let's just say I did not appreciate it and they quickly regretted it."

"Occasionally, I regain memories of something; that's what led me here, and back to the Gotei a couple of years ago. I'm grateful for what little has returned..."

END OF POST
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:18 pm

Tsubine blinked. "Well, it sounds like you have had an interesting life nonetheless if people tried to make you into a Captain." Tsubine took note of that. It meant that, in at least one way, she was strong. Strong enough to be both a good ally... and a potential threat. He was glad he handled this one personally now. Yet again, someone in the Gotei United was proving that they weren't all bad. They weren't all her. He'd factor this into his calculations.

"So you've remembered Kanna, and that you were part of the Gotei... Was that Thirteen or United?" Tsubine was trying to piece any information he could that might help her out. "What else have you actually remembered? Anything at all may help in figuring out some more of who you were... If that's what you want to do. Sometimes, it's better to just go with who you are, I imagine. The past can be... a weight that can drag you down to your knees."

Tsubine's Character List
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum